Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
the lazy peon video sounds cool but it also sounds Star Citizen levels of ambitious to me. i find it hard to believe they'd develop all of these interacting systems and content that may potentially never get seen for years, because a node may get locked out forever. unless all of the quests are procedurally generated bear-rear end-gathering quests and theres no real consequence for unlocking this node vs that node etc. it's just not a reasonable way to spend developer time unless the content is incredibly shallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
bear looks cool and good.

daystrider I could learn to love.

griffons look dumb and bad.

game looks better than I expected actually.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

I mean the last big expansion ended with the killing of LowTax.

game is good again

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
everquest's netcode was so good for its day (modem-era) that it is completely playable on an airplane wifi today.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
so is anything actually playable? how does it compare to say, Camelot Unchained where I get spammed with a beta patch notes google doc once a week and servers are ostensibly up over the weekend?