Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

it says in the OP it'll be a subscription based mmo so I will probly buy the collector's edition box and take time off from work to hit max lvl before like, you plebs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I've already incorporated the subscription fee into my monthly budget so I will not have to hold back on important commodities come release

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Alexander DeLarge posted:

If you got the $400 pledge with the lifetime subscription you wouldn't have to worry about that.

holy motherfuckin poo poo, is that a thing? imagine the horror and turmoil once this becomes FTP in like 3 months after they officially release it

off topic: theres this thing called revelation online with flying anime toons. installing atm

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 3, 2017

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Good Dumplings posted:

when has any MMO had a lifetime subscription and lasted longer than the subscription was worth though?

afaik the lotro lifetime subs are still getting value for their money, and will continue to do so for a good long while. that one may be "f2p" now but in reality its still a sub game, if not one with mandatory not-so-micro transactions

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

they could go full retardstar citizen and post a devblog at some point saying "gently caress it, we gun use that money to modify the game engine from scratch to suit our needs for YOUR DREAM GAME", then even proceed to swap to another engine, or some poo poo. since the SC guys already did it, its bound to happen again.

excuse the tech jargon

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

this should be on the top of their to-do list :P

Good Dumplings posted:

:h5:, RO is p. cool outside of the horrifying endgame grind

if the flight model is anything like the archeage glider gameplay, this should be fun

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 3, 2017

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

well I don't follow devblogs but what you are saying is 20/20

i m just over here laughing at this kickstarter

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Zaodai posted:

It makes it just "feel" better than most MMOs, even though it is old as poo poo at this point.

in the mmo genre is seems there were ever only2 options to choose from: wow themepark or eve sandbox

excluding everyones nostalgia weakspot of course, be it UO, MUDs or whatever

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

u know I'm right :P

Eve seemed more appealing to me at the time so I didn't play SWG (i dont care for the franchise that much). I remember people comparing matrix online with the good old SWG quite favorably though, perhaps that title was the only one to ever come close

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

it seems they picked the correct name for this title

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

minecraft kinda rocks too, if only it wasnt lovely

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

poo poo dawg... gnomes with guns??

sign me up for this, how much cash do they need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

archeage was fun for like 5 days or so.

i bet the ship splinter goons had good times even after that for a bit.

that game had nothing going on, except maybe the ship gameplay and enough "sandboxiness" to allow for a wee bit of scamming and market exploitation. some goons made good money during the release hype

the server we had picked was a regular goondom for like a week or two, which was almost as long as the hype for the game lasted altogether.