Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/68n6rt/ashes_of_creation_a_sandbox_mmo_which_focuses_on/dh0fyqv/

The dude who created the game seems to have ties to Xango, a pretty shady pyramid scheme business. Maybe I'm too conspiratorial about this, but I think this is worth a read guys.

Midig fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I really hope I'm wrong on this. My /r/patientgamers bias is probably flooding. I want a good western MMO as much as the next guy.

Midig fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 2, 2017

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

2DCAT posted:

:same:

The folks they identified have no experience with netcode and that's honestly the hardest part. This game is going to fail hard.

Also, they don't even have a prototype to show?! Just... Wtf is with companies continuing to do this. Why havent brain damaged customers caught onto this scamming trend yet?

More importantly, why do people take solace in knowing that game programmers from poorly coded games are going to somehow make things better this time around.

Of note... Programmers in the gaming industry are terrible. Like... Laughably terrible. I think I'd trust someone with a history outside of gaming more than I would with a decade within the industry

Gamers still think FF8 and FF10 had a good plot and storyline so we should never expect good things from ourselves. We should make one of those 4 panel starterpack memes and call it "lowest common denominator" starter pack. We take Kickstarter, Pre-purchase, LOOT crate and Final Fantasy then mix it into one delicious meme.

Midig fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 4, 2017

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

SweetBro posted:

Now I know reading every single word in a sentence is hard, but I believe in you.

That's not to mention that on release WoW virtually devoid of content outside of basic theme park grinding which was padded out by its Korea-tier grind rates. Heck, it didn't even have proper PvP support until a year later.

That did not stop some people from having content.

http://leganerd.com/downloads/angwe/

Midig fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 6, 2017

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I think the reason people are jumping on Ashes of creation is because there are a huge amount of people who likes the idea of a good MMORPG, but are not as fond of it once they try it out. Which is why they are more drawn towards concepts (EVE, Ashes of creation, ARK) rather than solid gameplay (WoW, FF14). These people (me included) are very picky in their MMO choice and forgets that most MMOs no matter what boring grindfests where most of the real challenges are solved by following guides. In fact there is a whole subreddit where 50 percent of them are just looking for a new MMO to play:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Midig fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 8, 2017

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I like how most people are just here to poo poo on it.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

-They have 0 coders
-only artists and idea people
-everyone on board is underqualified by a huge amount
-a pyramid scheme referral system where you make LESS money if all your referrals recruit people
-The CEO used to run a MLM and has no background in video games

And they're promising to revolutionize the absolutely hardest to make type of video game of all time.

This is a group of people who saw Star Citizen and realized there is absolutely no accountability and they can get away with selling dreams and images of things for an elaborate fantasy for YEARS.

I was being genuine, please chill.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I have a confession to make. I spent money on this. I am part of the problem. If this does not go well I will probably never pay for anything on Kickstarter again.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Is the game in any way having progress?

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Zaodai posted:

That's basically how Wood Elves work in the old Warhaammer Fantasy universe, so at least you'd have precedent. :v:

Also pretty much how elves are in Norse mythology. Annoying buggers that shoot you with poison arrows from nowhere.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Six AM posted:

Why cant you just think for yourself lol

Hmm guess i gotta just accept peoples word for things or listen to a loving dork that makes youtube vids about video gamss that are always terrible. The only options in my totally not a dumbass brain

I always wait for a dork to react to said dork. I form my opinion based on that because I am a man of culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MUV0Bl6mFg

Midig fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Chronicles of Elyria turned out to be a massive scam. So how long until people catch on with ashes of creation? Is the name a subtle mockery of anyone who would back it?