Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Dolphins needed a pass rusher, LB and CB going into this draft.

We drafted a pass rusher, LB and CB so far.

Maybe they will be good!!

It's the Dolphins...

Vaguely curious to see if they trade up into the 4th. Isaac Asiata is still there and I know the team likes him. I also like Jadar Johnson as a safety who might fall to the 5th. Those guys would basically cover everything we went into the draft needing apart from a rotation DT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah, I do think we may uses the 3 fifth rounders to move back into the 4th.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikes have done well with the picks they have. Spielmann has been adding picks in the later rounds with the idea that this is a really deep draft.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

tarbrush posted:

It's the Dolphins...

Vaguely curious to see if they trade up into the 4th. Isaac Asiata is still there and I know the team likes him. I also like Jadar Johnson as a safety who might fall to the 5th. Those guys would basically cover everything we went into the draft needing apart from a rotation DT

As much as everyone drafts for need, it strikes me as a really silly thing to do on the 3rd day. 3rd day guys are overwhelmingly just going to be rotational contributors. Back up o-linemen, #4 corners, special teamers, etc. Because of that why not just take that absolute best guy on your board and fill any of those small holes with UDFA and pre-season cast offs. You don't want to pass on Antonio Brown in order to take the guy who is not an answer at slot corner.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Puppy Bowl posted:

As much as everyone drafts for need, it strikes me as a really silly thing to do on the 3rd day. 3rd day guys are overwhelmingly just going to be rotational contributors. Back up o-linemen, #4 corners, special teamers, etc. Because of that why not just take that absolute best guy on your board and fill any of those small holes with UDFA and pre-season cast offs. You don't want to pass on Antonio Brown in order to take the guy who is not an answer at slot corner.

I tend to agree with you, but Caroo seems to show that the Dolphins will target their guys if they think they've fallen enough, and enough sources have said that Asiata is a guy they like.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All I wanted was Jake Butt to end the night and we trade out.

Marcus Maye I'm fine with. He's awesome. Not exactly ideal team building strategy with safeties 1-2 but the Jets roster is a trash heap anyways so any good players are welcome. Would have preferred Chris Godwin to Ardarius Stewart honestly. Lots of Hines Ward comps with him which makes me hate and respect him already.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

89 posted:

Apparently we got the 2 best ball hawking CBs in the draft 👍

We need a RB...but I mean, man, Desmond King and Shaq Griffen are still out there..

nah, roll with the platoon another year and draft Saquon Barkley next year

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Am I the only person who thinks the Browns taking Kizer was fine? LOL BROWNS and LOL NOTRE DAME and all that, but this is a draft full of QB prospects who are nothing but sketchy projections. Taking one in the 2nd and stockpiling talent elsewhere seems a lot smarter than trading up in the 1st for what's fundamentally the same kind of guy and not an Andrew Luck/Cam Newton/Matt Ryan/whoever tier of prospect.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Am I the only person who thinks the Browns taking Kizer was fine? LOL BROWNS and LOL NOTRE DAME and all that, but this is a draft full of QB prospects who are nothing but sketchy projections. Taking one in the 2nd and stockpiling talent elsewhere seems a lot smarter than trading up in the 1st for what's fundamentally the same kind of guy and not an Andrew Luck/Cam Newton/Matt Ryan/whoever tier of prospect.

Should have just trotted Osweiler out all season and then taken Darnold next year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

Am I the only person who thinks the Browns taking Kizer was fine?

It was completely fine with that pick in my opinion.

I don't really expect Kizer to amount to anything, but that's a fine place to take a guy with theoretical upside and they didn't trade up to do it (and they have plenty of other picks in a deep defensive draft).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
How are we going to know if Kizer is a FQB? And, to be honest I doubt it even matters what he does if we are in position to acquire one of the top QB's next year, so really it's a wasted pick because we won't know enough either way and you can't pass on Darnold/Allen/Etc if you have the chance to take them.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

Should have just trotted Osweiler out all season and then taken Darnold next year

Supposedly sure fire #1 guys in the next draft often turn into... not that... when they finally come out for the draft. You also can't assume that you will be in position to take them.

The Browns could tank and easily be the second worst instead of the absolute worst and miss out in 2018 if there is a #1 overall guy there.

e: Dak Prescott was supposed to be an eternal project who had to un-learn the same offense Tebow ran. There is no telling if it will take Kizer 2 months or 2 years or infinity to become acclimated to the NFL. Dak was an outlier but he was also seen as a way more backward prospect in 2016 than Kizer is in 2017.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 29, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

It was totally fine

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Who is the Nazi that the Bears apparently drafted, and please provide proof?

Cowboys did well. My only complaint is that I wish they had grabbed Kevin King, Budda Baker, or Sidney Jones in the first, and then went DE, and DB again. Yes, the DB class is deep, but with as many holes as we have I think it should've been a priority to put as much talent into the backfield as possible.

My second team (Seahawks) did ok. Think they should've capitalized on Lamp falling into their laps but more teams have seemed to become obsessed with trading down.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions fans wanted to draft Aaron Curry, roll with Kitna for another year and then take Sam Bradford. That would have been bad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sean10mm posted:

You also can't assume that you will be in position to take them.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

John Brown posted:

Who is the Nazi that the Bears apparently drafted, and please provide proof?

Dexo saved it:

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Filthy Casual posted:

Dexo saved it:

Urgh, great.

Did the bears get most of their picks back at least?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Filthy Casual posted:

Dexo saved it:

He also said he "hates Obama with an unhealthy passion" lol. Good luck getting fan support in Chicago.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Lazerbeam posted:

Urgh, great.

Did the bears get most of their picks back at least?

They got their 4th back but lost their 3rd this year and next.

John Brown posted:

He also said he "hates Obama with an unhealthy passion" lol. Good luck getting fan support in Chicago.

Given the reaction I've seen for Bears fans re: Kaepernick's kneeling, he'll do just fine.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

John Brown posted:

Ditka

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Filthy Casual posted:

Dexo saved it:

Sounds like he's gonna get along just fine in NFL locker rooms!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears going to address their DB problem with their fourth round picks just like last year, which produced a grand total of zero playable DBs, all so they can draft an inept, squareheaded quarterback and a DII tight end who tweets about white power.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Darth Brooks posted:

The Vikes have done well with the picks they have. Spielmann has been adding picks in the later rounds with the idea that this is a really deep draft.

Still quite a few decent DT players left. I'm excited to see who they grab.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

All I wanted was Jake Butt to end the night and we trade out.

Marcus Maye I'm fine with. He's awesome. Not exactly ideal team building strategy with safeties 1-2 but the Jets roster is a trash heap anyways so any good players are welcome. Would have preferred Chris Godwin to Ardarius Stewart honestly. Lots of Hines Ward comps with him which makes me hate and respect him already.

I keep telling people that the Cover 5 is the hot new defense so load up on safeties now!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I need to know who the most ethically challenged players on the vikings, titans and jaguars are, because of reasons.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Probably Delvin Cook now tbh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns are going to hope the husk of Joe Haden can lock down both sides of the field while Kizer flounders on the bench forever. The Jersey is going to have a full loving Batman glider cape at this rate.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears going to address their DB problem with their fourth round picks just like last year, which produced a grand total of zero playable DBs, all so they can draft an inept, squareheaded quarterback and a DII tight end who tweets about white power.

That's incredible.

Also, it's good to know that the Bears are deadset on ineptitude for the forseeable future so that the Pack can run up the score a bit before Rodgers retires.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Raiders drafting...defense??? :confused:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I approve of the second and third round draft picks made by the Eagles football club of Philadelphia.

Is anyone out there still hoping they look for a WR or is that gone by the wayside now that we're out of rounds 1-3? I wouldn't strictly be against it but that run game needs more help and (admittedly without knowing anything about the draft class) I feel like it'd be easier to find an RB in rounds 4-7 who could make some kind of contribution. They've already got a bunch of random bodies at WR now anyway.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Random nobodies would be a substantial upgrade in Baltimore so I'm all in on the WR.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Raiders draft summary:

1st Round: potential rapist CB
2nd Round: athletic safety with low football IQ
3rd Round: ACL guy DT

I'm not feeling too good about things so far. Why couldn't we draft a solid, if unspectacular LB?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

I'm not feeling too good about things so far. Why couldn't we draft a solid, if unspectacular LB?

It's super boom or bust

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

drat y'all got good and then started taking insane wild swings in the draft.

You really took the mantle from the early 2010s 49ers

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

I mean our defense can't be worse than last year. That's what I keep telling myself anyways.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
All I really wanted out of this draft was for Lynch to trade down, and/or not reach on a QB. I give this draft a big ol Niners bitch.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Blitz7x posted:

It's super boom or bust

That seems to be Reggie's MO the last few years.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

1st round guy has passed a poly he was more than happy to take and has literal video footage contradicting the woman's account of events. I'm normally the first person to give the victim the benefit of the doubt but it's a really shaky accusation right now, regardless of which team I follow. It's extra disgusting of the allegations aren't true because our makes it that much harder for other victims to come forward and get justice.

If I end up wrong though then I'll eat a big ol' helping of poo poo and gladly crucify him.

The others I'm happy with. Anything that isn't a T of sticks with a jersey on it is a huge step up. Worse comes to worse we can dump them on some team as a "project" to get some cheap picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A poly proves he's more guilty not less.

Because polys are garbage and I bet he knows that.

• Locked thread