Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

1st Round: potential rapist CB
2nd Round: athletic safety with low football IQ
3rd Round: ACL guy DT

I'm not feeling too good about things so far. Why couldn't we draft a solid, if unspectacular LB?

It's super boom or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

1st Round: potential rapist CB
2nd Round: athletic safety with low football IQ
3rd Round: ACL guy DT

I'm not feeling too good about things so far. Why couldn't we draft a solid, if unspectacular LB?

4th round: A cyclops offensive tackle

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

PrinceRandom posted:

NFL network had a blurb that said the rape accused guy was totally open to a DNA test too.

Gonna be a steal when he's exonerated

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Pretty excited about the Raiders safety they drafted in the second round specifically to counter Gronk

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I kind of want to see a couple of seasons before I go that far but I sure as poo poo wouldn't argue.

Obviously just drafting him isn't crossing Gronks name off the list, but he has the build and athleticism that the Raiders don't currently have.

After the amount of yards that tight ends gouged the Raiders for last year I'm shocked the Raiders only took two safeties

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Volkerball posted:

I don't see the point in drafting a CB that high with how much we've invested in Amerson and Smith. Smith is getting older and coming off a down year, but still. With literal gaping holes at MLB and DT, to not address them in free agency or in the draft except with a 3rd round project and a 5th feels stupid. We're in win now mode and we've got a guy to compete with Nelson for a starting safety spot and a guy to compete with Carrie for nickel corner in the first round, without addressing our biggest needs. I'd imagine that our defense is going to be not good again, and the center of the field is going to be where we get hurt. Again.

In today's NFL, nickel is almost a base offense and the more corners the better!

They almost have to resign Perry Riley jr

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Someone go through old draft threads and correlate TFF post draft rankings with these numbers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nfl-draft-performance-grades-best-drafting-teams-picks-classes-2012-2016

Aka never trust a SF or CLE draft

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

In the past the Raiders had no push up the middle, no edge pressure, and no coverage. Now we have edge pressure, theoretical coverage and no push up the middle. Maybe the former can make up for the latter? Or maybe I'm an optimistic retard

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Fenrir posted:

Oh horse poo poo. I know you hate the Chiefs but you can't tell me that wouldn't be fun to watch.

It actually wouldn't be

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

warcrimes posted:

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/859843218719907840

well poo poo

e: and apparently he's had three concussions.

Oh San Fran

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Did anyone actually read the article on Foster, or just the headline? It's just reporting information that was going around pre-draft, there's nothing new in it. The 49ers and presumably the Saints doctors cleared him; some team doctors did not.

49ers never examined Foster

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

You're right, the 49ers subreddit was wrong. One guy said that during a radio interview, that the 49ers docs never looked him over but I just checked and they had Foster in for a visit

In any case, the Saints certainly looked him over and we're going to draft him anyways

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raekwan will be a better pro

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Austin Collie was our Kicker, punter, KR, PR, WR and cornerback and was amazing at every one of those positions

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

John Dorsey had some interesting insight on Sirius XM, basically the trade with Buffalo was agreed pre draft and he kept calling buffalo after every pick saying "we still good?"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Don't age shame

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

MrSargent posted:

My school was not known for basketball and football but we had a really good soccer and baseball team. I know one guy ended up playing for the LA Galaxy and another played for the Twins. I happened to play basketball and our team was poo poo. We were way undersized to begin with and to add to the problem, the big guys we did have were soft as hell. We would usually play in a couple tournaments before the season started and in this particular one, we went up against Oak Ridge and Ryan Anderson. We got loving wrecked. He was basically scoring at will anytime he got the ball and was a dominating presence on defense.

Interesting fact about Ryan Anderson. He took that Oak Ridge team to the California DII Championships held at Arco Arena in Sacramento, where they were nearly upset by a team from Turlock, CA led by none other than Colin Kaepernick. Kaep had 34 points in that game and Anderson had 50.

:smug: Ryan Anderson on the basketball team and Austin Collie on the Football team

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I'm gonna post my Oak Ridge gaudy section championship football ring once I find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

If we can take a step back here, maybe the Raiders own?

• Locked thread