Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Raiders drafting...defense??? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

1st Round: potential rapist CB
2nd Round: athletic safety with low football IQ
3rd Round: ACL guy DT

I'm not feeling too good about things so far. Why couldn't we draft a solid, if unspectacular LB?

1st round guy has passed a poly he was more than happy to take and has literal video footage contradicting the woman's account of events. I'm normally the first person to give the victim the benefit of the doubt but it's a really shaky accusation right now, regardless of which team I follow. It's extra disgusting of the allegations aren't true because our makes it that much harder for other victims to come forward and get justice.

If I end up wrong though then I'll eat a big ol' helping of poo poo and gladly crucify him.

The others I'm happy with. Anything that isn't a T of sticks with a jersey on it is a huge step up. Worse comes to worse we can dump them on some team as a "project" to get some cheap picks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CharlestheHammer posted:

A poly proves he's more guilty not less.

wut

Anyway I sense this subject is probably either going to start a brawl or a dogpile, so I'll mostly stay off of it. This is just the one time I'm dubious. :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grittybeard posted:

Being a homer is hard work.

Ask me about Blaine Gabbert, future all pro.

Every one poo poo on DHB when he was picked but he turned out to be a decent to good WR so

I usually give draft picks the benefit of the doubt at first

I mean Jamarcus was terrible but we lured in Lynch with his leftover Skittles, you never know what role someone will play

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PrinceRandom posted:

NFL network had a blurb that said the rape accused guy was totally open to a DNA test too.

that just means he's even more guilty

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Especially if it exonerates him at that point they might as well convict

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol do you really believe polys are worth anything.
     /

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CharlestheHammer posted:

So that's a yes

Lol

The fact that you don't agree about my opinions on polygraphs means that you agree with them

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blitz7x posted:

Pretty excited about the Raiders safety they drafted in the second round specifically to counter Gronk

Sure that should go well

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I wanted Obi for that very reason.

I kind of want to see a couple of seasons before I go that far but I sure as poo poo wouldn't argue.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

And thus we see time is a flat circle :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blitz7x posted:

Obviously just drafting him isn't crossing Gronks name off the list, but he has the build and athleticism that the Raiders don't currently have.

After the amount of yards that tight ends gouged the Raiders for last year I'm shocked the Raiders only took two safeties

I'm actually glad we took a high round CB. LB can be somewhat mitigated by Mack eating everyone's lunch, but it'd be nice to not have every deep pass that they finally manage to get off go sailing into the end zone for a touchdown :sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Volkerball posted:

I don't see the point in drafting a CB that high with how much we've invested in Amerson and Smith. Smith is getting older and coming off a down year, but still. With literal gaping holes at MLB and DT, to not address them in free agency or in the draft except with a 3rd round project and a 5th feels stupid. We're in win now mode and we've got a guy to compete with Nelson for a starting safety spot and a guy to compete with Carrie for nickel corner in the first round, without addressing our biggest needs. I'd imagine that our defense is going to be not good again, and the center of the field is going to be where we get hurt. Again.

counterpoint: we're going to own and win all the games and somehow beat the chargers 12 times in one season

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Volkerball posted:

Lol I wondered what your angle on this was going to be. I guess WE DIDN'T NEED ONE ANYWAYS is about what I expected.

amongst the afc west the only true constant is hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
the raiders literally had no secondary last year, none, I can't count the amount of times someone caught a ball deep with nothing but green meadows around them

what I'm saying is, it can't get any worse, so why not

• Locked thread