Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Who is the Nazi that the Bears apparently drafted, and please provide proof?

Cowboys did well. My only complaint is that I wish they had grabbed Kevin King, Budda Baker, or Sidney Jones in the first, and then went DE, and DB again. Yes, the DB class is deep, but with as many holes as we have I think it should've been a priority to put as much talent into the backfield as possible.

My second team (Seahawks) did ok. Think they should've capitalized on Lamp falling into their laps but more teams have seemed to become obsessed with trading down.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Filthy Casual posted:

Dexo saved it:

He also said he "hates Obama with an unhealthy passion" lol. Good luck getting fan support in Chicago.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think many people misinterpret what the grades actually represent. What I've always took away is they're a form of ranking that considers: the overall consensus of each individual player that you took, how much you had to give up to get them, and whether or not the player fills a void in the team.

Personally, I think this is the only possible way that the grades many any sense whatsoever. Using hindsight would be flawed due to the many influencers/dependencies of a player's development.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand I'd argue this isn't very valuable, other than for determining which draft pundits are idiots when you see how things actually pan out. I mean it's better than mock drafts I guess but not by a whole lot.

I'd also say Raiders fans' opinions of the Chiefs aren't very valuable, and I want Marty back. Alzheimers or no he'd probably beat the Raiders 9 out of 10 times just because of spite.

None of it is very valuable, really. It's all entertainment bullshit for the off-season. However, of all the busllshit, I believe it is the most applicable in terms of assessing a draft.

Consider this: we grade/rank prospects based on production, perceived value, and essentially guessing how their skills/tangibles will translate to the NFL. Teams even have a point system to map value to picks. So other than leveraging the aforementioned train of thought, how else would you gauge how well a team did?

Most importantly, let's not confuse drafting with development. Whether or not a pick panned out pertains more so to the latter for a lot of reasons. We've seen teams pick great prospects and completely botch their progression.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This begs the question, if forced to choose between a good coach and a good GM, which is the better option?

I'd side with the coach since his staff is responsible for developing talent. Tough choice either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I went to Cedar Hill High School which has produced...Devon Briscoe (?) thus far.

• Locked thread