Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Conley thing is weird because the girl said he first approached her in the elevator on the way to his room, and there's video evidence of her following him around the bar and tugging on his arm to get his attention when he starts talking to another girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not sure why anyone is trying to project what drafts were good. Outside of the top 10 everything is a coinflip as to whether the player will be in the league in 2 years.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

fsif posted:

It's fun and the last nuggets of football content we can consume for the next three months, but I hear your point.

Almost every post-first round pick gets around a B+ for filling a need, but questions on how the talent will translate to the pro level. The consensus lovely picks, though, usually end up staying lovely.

Sorry I was in a buzzkill mood, I actually agree with you.

I want the Eagles to get one or two good seasons out of Pumphrey, a little tiny man that no one can see squeezing through traffic like Simba in the wildebeest would be hilarious.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What's a great draft? Getting 3 first year starters?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Basically.

If you can get 2-3 immediate starters, a couple of developmental backup types, and some camp bodies, it's a good draft.

anything after the third is total guesswork.

That's what I thought. I'm kinda curious because the Patriots look a shitload stronger but may have sacrificed long term potential. I'm not sure how to analyze their off-season since they traded all those picks, but they said they only had roughly 50-75 players as draftable.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Did the Bears even draft a single player who we can expect to be a starter on opening day?

Isn't that a really over ambitious metric, even with the Bears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How did Jabaal Sheard get that much money? It looks like only one year has any guarantees but just pure desperation on the Colts' part?

• Locked thread