Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami clearly doesn't mind linebackers who aren't coverage dudes evidenced by our 2nd rounder and Lawrence Timmons

Bit worried about that guy, but Tankersley in the third is A-OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Dolphins needed a pass rusher, LB and CB going into this draft.

We drafted a pass rusher, LB and CB so far.

Maybe they will be good!!

It's the Dolphins...

Vaguely curious to see if they trade up into the 4th. Isaac Asiata is still there and I know the team likes him. I also like Jadar Johnson as a safety who might fall to the 5th. Those guys would basically cover everything we went into the draft needing apart from a rotation DT

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Puppy Bowl posted:

As much as everyone drafts for need, it strikes me as a really silly thing to do on the 3rd day. 3rd day guys are overwhelmingly just going to be rotational contributors. Back up o-linemen, #4 corners, special teamers, etc. Because of that why not just take that absolute best guy on your board and fill any of those small holes with UDFA and pre-season cast offs. You don't want to pass on Antonio Brown in order to take the guy who is not an answer at slot corner.

I tend to agree with you, but Caroo seems to show that the Dolphins will target their guys if they think they've fallen enough, and enough sources have said that Asiata is a guy they like.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

SHOAH NUFF posted:

A lot of the criticism of the Chiefs draft is that they took developmental guys (Mahomes, Kpassagnon) with their high picks, and instead should have taken immediate-impact rookies that would help them get over the 1st/2nd round playoff exit hump and into a Super Bowl.

I don't really agree with that, I don't think the Chiefs were a All-Pro defensive player away from a SB. They have a very limited ceiling due to Alex Smith, and unless they somehow put together a 2000 Ravens type D in the offseason, it's not a Super Bowl team at all, it may not even be a playoff team this coming season. So I'm pretty happy with the high-ceiling risks Dorsey took, especially since he is usually is a pretty conservative GM cut from the typical Packers mold.

The Mahomes pick is especially interesting because: A) He doesn't fit into Andy Reid's offense at all, at least how its built now for Alex Smith and B) Reid/Dorsey were really excited to get Mahomes, to the point where they had the trade up to #10 planned out with Buffalo a week in advance, and according to Peter King's 49ers war room article, the Chiefs were even ready to trade up to the Jags top 5 pick to get Mahomes. That juxtaposition is exciting.

I kind of feel the same about the Dolphins, QB excepted. Next year is not our year, but all the players we drafted should benefit from a year of limited snaps and being an understudy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A few people were upset that the Lions Dolphins passed over him to pick Davis Harris but man oh man if that story is true I'm glad we went with the safe choice.

• Locked thread