Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

Raiders draft summary:

1st Round: potential rapist CB
2nd Round: athletic safety with low football IQ
3rd Round: ACL guy DT

I'm not feeling too good about things so far. Why couldn't we draft a solid, if unspectacular LB?

You're underselling Obi, who is going to be a very good starter for us in two years and Vanderdoes is two years from the ACL, he'll be a good to very good D-lineman. Conley is a loving stud and those rape charges are bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BlindSite posted:

I believe its probably more that if he agreed to take one its probably a good sign.

We're not dealing with a career criminal with weeks to prepare we're talking about a college athlete in his early twenties.

You're acting like hes guilty when there's currently no proof. Would I draft him? No but you're choosing an odd hill to die on.

You must not be familiar with CharlestheHammer

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

The pearl clutching amongst Raider goons over the "importance" of a MLB in today's NFL is pretty hilarious.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Lol I wondered what your angle on this was going to be. I guess WE DIDN'T NEED ONE ANYWAYS is about what I expected.

My angle is that RM picked up a guy off the street last year and he played well at MLB. The Raiders spent three picks on improving the middle of the defense but because none were MLBS at pick 1 or 2 they somehow failed? Marquel Lee's tape looks good, he can shed blocks and is a big kid.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 1, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

In the past the Raiders had no push up the middle, no edge pressure, and no coverage. Now we have edge pressure, theoretical coverage and no push up the middle. Maybe the former can make up for the latter? Or maybe I'm an optimistic retard

A hopefully healthy MEJ and Vanderdoes should give solid push up the middle. FWIW, here's Rotoworld's take on the Raiders draft:

Overview: Since a fire-able start to his tenure as GM, Reggie McKenzie has been on a wicked tear. The Raiders have earned consecutive B+ draft grades from Rotoworld – in hindsight, they deserved a capital A+ in 2015 – and delivered another solid haul here with four likely early contributors in Conley, Melifonwu, Vanderdoes, Lee, and an intriguing project in Sharpe at a position of need. I trust McKenzie has solid information Conley will be exonerated of the draft-week allegations against him, of course. I thought Conley had the best tape of any corner in this class, including higher-rated teammate Marshon Lattimore. It was not Lattimore whom the Buckeyes’ coaching staff left on man-coverage islands against Clemson’s Mike Williams and Penn State’s Chris Godwin. It was Conley. Ware is a player Rotoworld’s Josh Norris identified as a pre-draft sleeper. Lee was a terrific round-five value pick I expect to push for immediate snaps. Melifonwu is George Iloka 2.0, and Reggie Nelson’s eventual replacement. More often than not, the rich get richer in the NFL draft. The Raiders have established themselves amongst the rich.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/859843218719907840

well poo poo

e: and apparently he's had three concussions.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 3, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Well well well, looky here:

https://overthecap.com/2018-compensatory-draft-picks-update-592017

Huh, tied for the most

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

DJ Hayden and Menelik Watson are, in fact, comp pick fodder just like I said they would be.

:smuggo:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Trading a 1st and a 2nd for a 5th and a 6th was all a part of our diabolical plot. That's why we had to take a completely unremarkable corner instead of Lotulelei, and a 26 year old project tackle with our first picks.

I mean, you can be obtuse all you want. There was a comparison with Hayden/Watson and other players who were outright released. I said at least we'll get some comps in return not that it was some kind of insane great trade value. Also, Lotulelei had a great rookie year and has regressed steadily since, not exactly the retro home run/obvious pick it's made out to be.

e: to be clear, of course I'd have rather had Lotulelei but we can play that game with almost every Raiders draft pick in the 00s pre-2014.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 10, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Honestly if anything those comp picks how broken the system is bc lol getting for Hayden what a top tier LT got after 10 years

Hayden won't even start

Actually he's already been named the slot starter.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

weird Asian candy posted:

it's not like it's totally coming from warcrime's rear end

Unlike the other 90% of my posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

"I would guess" != "named starter"

Fair enough.

• Locked thread