Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Polys are unreliable garbage that guilty people love to use as they aren't hard to fool.

How does that reflect poorly on him and not the team dumb enough to demand he take it? (the Ravens)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I thought the article said he volunteered to take it

I heard he did, but they had asked him to take it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's what I thought. I'm kinda curious because the Patriots look a shitload stronger but may have sacrificed long term potential. I'm not sure how to analyze their off-season since they traded all those picks, but they said they only had roughly 50-75 players as draftable.

The only ones worth worrying about are the 1st for Cooks and the 2nd for Kony Ealy. I'm a lot higher on Cooks then Ealy for obvious reasons I'm sure Fiz would love to expand on, but both of them are only 25, so it's not that short term of a deal (outside of they have to actually sign Ealy next year and Cooks the year after.

Also my view of what makes a good draft:

- A quality starter at an important position (pass rusher, secondary, tackle) or very good player anywhere else. Typically your first round pick, but if you gently caress up on that, but find a gem in the 3rd round, fantastic, who cares where they were drafted.

- 2 fine starters or good rotational pieces. Solidify your offensive line with a guard that doesn't get embarrassed or an inside linebacker that give you the first two downs of every drive and tackle well. A running back that fills a specific role well or a 2nd wide receiver that can make plays against weaker coverage.

- Some guys who can contribute as backups, fringe roleplayers and good special teams players. Basically every 5th-7th round DE, LB, receiver or secondary guy is gonna play 100+ snaps a year on ST, and as long as your ST are fine, and these guys were fine, you're happy. Just get on the loving field and don't embarrass yourself much

What makes a great draft is any excellent player, a capable franchise caliber QB, or doubling up on either of the first two options here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A good coach can put limited players into good positions and get the best out of good players.

Bad GM's get you worse talent and gently caress up your salary cap so over time you lose useful players.

I'd take the bad GM over a bad coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Oh San Fran

At least it's "only" the 31st pick. But yeah, the 49ers are bad enough that taking high risk / high reward players isn't the best idea.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Worst coach to win a Super Bowl?

John Gruden?

Barry Switzer, the coach dumb enough to bring a loaded gun to an airport

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine being one of the 4 offensive lineman being assigned to block this guy.

https://twitter.com/SandPSports/status/859100929353818114

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

i love poo poo like this

what do you even do as an opposing coach?

I'd say hold on for dear life but :lol: at the idea of even being able to hold him for more then a second.

I think "lose 138-0" is the only thing you can do here.

• Locked thread