Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

adaz posted:

He has had his best years under Andy. Yards, completion percentage, touchdown, low interceptions, etc all way above what they were in San fran.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitAl03.htm

Andy Reid's offense is a tad bit different in focus than Jim Harbaugh's. Just a tad.

Okay, maybe more than just a tad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

adaz posted:

Because Andy retools his offense to fit his players. As Durandal1707 pointed out, he has had a lot of different QBs with a whole lot of different styles and they've all been good to above average. That's coaching, nobody just lucks into that.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I want Favre 2.0 so bad - neglecting the fact that it's extremely unlikely - so i'm really talking myself into this. BUT STILL.

Partially, I guess, maybe; but in a completely irrelevant way to Alex Smith being "good" or not. He was perfectly good in Jim Harbaugh's offense, he was just asked to do a lot less with his arm.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Did anyone actually read the article on Foster, or just the headline? It's just reporting information that was going around pre-draft, there's nothing new in it. The 49ers and presumably the Saints doctors cleared him; some team doctors did not.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Blitz7x posted:

49ers never examined Foster

Source please, because everything I read says they cleared him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The very definition of "roster churn."

https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/860565478195970049

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They should be churning, they had one of the worst rosters in the NFL last year.

"At least we're not Jets fans!"

Edit if you're curious:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

adaz posted:

How dare any of you question Patrick Mahones, let today be known and rejoiced for generations to come as the day Mahones started his 7 time superbowl champion career.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article149092499.html

gently caress giving them a year or two; if a first rounder isn't great in their first practice, they're a guaranteed bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a neat cape posted:

The Raiders smell like poop and also eat poop

:agreed:

• Locked thread