Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Am I the only person who thinks the Browns taking Kizer was fine? LOL BROWNS and LOL NOTRE DAME and all that, but this is a draft full of QB prospects who are nothing but sketchy projections. Taking one in the 2nd and stockpiling talent elsewhere seems a lot smarter than trading up in the 1st for what's fundamentally the same kind of guy and not an Andrew Luck/Cam Newton/Matt Ryan/whoever tier of prospect.

Should have just trotted Osweiler out all season and then taken Darnold next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sean10mm posted:

You also can't assume that you will be in position to take them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm glad the Vikings were able to fill their "RB who beat up helpless victims" quotient ;)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alex has two years left on his deal, Mahomes is almost certainly the starter in 2019, 2018 depends on his development

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans announced they'll let Deshaun Watson compete for the starting job

There's probably a 90+% chance he wins the job based on his draft position alone

e: also: mixone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Who is he even competing with, Tom Savage and a VHS tape of Matt Schaub pick-6s?

Savage and Brandon Weeden

COULD HAVE HAD JAY CUTLER THOUGH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

Poor Watson. He's going to throw so many picks. He needs a season to learn the offense before he runs out there chucking 49mph balls around against NFL corners. He can be good but needs complete familiarity with the offense before he attempts that in my opinion.

Based on what I've watched of him I'm starting to see him as potentially Matt Schaub with wheels

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Careful or the Stockholm will seep in.

Might as well hope for the best since the team's window is inextricably tied with how Watson does in the NFL

By the time they move on from him if he fails, it'll be closed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Getting a third for Bouye is pretty cool considering he was a UDFA and didn't do anything until this season

The uncool part is he's really good and now plays for a division rival, even if he's grossly overpaid for his track record and if he turns into a pumpkin it'll be "lol the Jags" all over again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm pretty surprised Martellus Bennett is only worth a 5th

But either way the Pats once again play nth dimensional chess, trade a 5th for Bennett and ride him to a Superbowl win then get a 5th back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wasn't he initially asking for Gronk money?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*misses on a couple picks, let's them walk, gets a little compensation*

Clearly the Raiders intentionally traded a first and second for a fifth and sixth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"I would guess" != "named starter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

The Raiders smell like poop and also eat poop

That's just second harvest

• Locked thread