Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What's a great draft? Getting 3 first year starters?

Basically.

If you can get 2-3 immediate starters, a couple of developmental backup types, and some camp bodies, it's a good draft.

anything after the third is total guesswork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's what I thought. I'm kinda curious because the Patriots look a shitload stronger but may have sacrificed long term potential. I'm not sure how to analyze their off-season since they traded all those picks, but they said they only had roughly 50-75 players as draftable.

In the world the rest of us inhabit, the Patriots should be sacrificing long term viability for short term success, based on the age of their hall of fame quarterback. It doesn't matter if they're trading future pieces.

In the world the Patriots inhabit, they just drafted a bunch of hall of famers in the 4th round, everyone is going to play for free, and oh I don't know Tom Brady will start another 10 seasons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I'm sure Fiz would love to expand on,

he sucks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He coulda been Super Bowl MVP!

and it woulda turned out to be a cruel joke.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

where are all the grading articles btw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Imagine being one of the 4 offensive lineman being assigned to block this guy.

https://twitter.com/SandPSports/status/859100929353818114

i love poo poo like this

what do you even do as an opposing coach?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Helix High in San Diego had Alex Smith and Reggie Bush at the same time.

That's not even fair man

oh please

i went to a stoner ESL high school that could barely field a team

we went up against Chris Leak and Hakeem Nicks

they scored 35 points in the first quarter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if we're talking about physical highschool freaks, let's talk about julius peppers

quote:

As he got older, Julius matured into an amazing physical specimen. He stood 6-5 and weighed 225 pounds at the start his freshman year at Southern Nash Senior High School. Basketball, which Julius saw as his ticket to fame and fortune, remained his primary passion.

Southern Nash football coach Ray Davis had a different idea. After one look at the strapping teenager, he became intent on getting Julius in pads and a helmet for the Firebirds. The frosh, however, had never played football, and wasn’t all that enamored of the thought of banging bodies with the upper classmen. Davis convinced him otherwise by promising to make him a running back.

As Davis suspected, Julius was a terror on the gridiron. For his career, he rushed for 3,501 yards and 46 touchdowns. He made an even greater impact on defense. Davis installed him on the defensive line and let him loose on opposing quarterbacks and running backs. Though most teams ran their offense away from him, Julius still found ways to dominate games. In the final contest of his career, he tracked down a back for Northeast Guilford High School, stripped the ball and raced 90 yards for a touchdown.

Though Julius also starred as a triple jumper and sprinter in track, he still felt his future was brightest in hoops. A power forward with a nose for the ball and outstanding leaping ability, he earned All-State honors as a senior and was voted All-Conference four times. In four years with Southern Nash, he amassed more than 1,600 points, 800 rebounds and 200 assists. During the summer, Julius made his name in AAU competition, and once captured a national title on a squad that included future college teammates Brendan Haywood and Kris Lang.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Jamarcus Russell's high school highlights are hilarious

i have a buddy that played hs football in alabama at one of the power schools.

he had a free blitz as a safety against russell that wasn't picked up.

he told me russell looked at him and smiled.

the way he tells it, he came to on the field with the offense celebrating a touchdown. Russell had stiff armed him so hard he blacked out, right before stepping up and throwing a 50 yard TD pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raku posted:

That explains why Saban was so pissed he went to an outside doctor instead of the team's

why in the world would you not go to James Andrews?

• Locked thread