Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

https://youtu.be/0ttzrNFSEPw?t=326

^ lol

Also, Chiefs got Tanoh Kpassagnon(DE) and traded up to get Karemm Hunt(RB). I don't watch college football so.... is that good?
Hunt was really good at Toledo and I couldn't tell you too much about Tanoh, but he looks like a freak.

I'm a bit surprised that Dorsey also used his 2nd round pick to future proof the roster. They must not count on Allen Bailey being around for long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

They lost Howard and Poe in the last 2 months and Bailey is really inconsistent against the run.

I'm really surprised Dorsey hasn't even made an attempt at ILB, which is a far bigger need than RB. Maybe they have a ton of faith on DJ coming back strong.
This really wasn't a great ILB class.

After Reuben Foster, it was a lot of, "man, eh. I don't know how well this player really projects in what they run."

Howard was already replaced by Chris Jones and they just swapped NT's basically.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 29, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Maybe March is the heir to DJs spot.
Man are we hosed if that's the case.

I think they were planning to go ILB but the best choices came off the board before they ever picked again. They will sign Hodges after the draft and try again next year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

adaz posted:

Andy Reid is a Really Good Coach. if anyone was going to turn mahome into something good it's ANdy.

I mean, he's turned Alex Smith into a fairly decent quaterback.
And won a playoff game with an old as hell Jeff Garcia

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Alex Smith was already decent!

Has Reid actually developed a good QB since McNabb?
He turned Vick into an adequate passer :shobon:

Kolb might of turned out alright if he didn't get his brains scrambled.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I can buy that. In my ideal world he sits for two full seasons.

But if Alex Smith throws for 15 touchdowns again, the heat will be on in 2018.
You're not going to sit a guy (for more than one year) that you moved up into the top 10 for unless Alex Smith pulls a Favre and starts playing out of his mind. We both know that's not going to happen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

So you can't see a possible timeline with Reid starting Alex Smith in 2018 after he wins 12 games again? I mean, he'd have to rework his contract. I can see it.

But I could also see Alex getting hurt for three games, Mahomes throwing as far and as hard as he can and somehow still not be able to overthrow Tyreek Hill and Alex never getting that spot back.
Who says Alex would want to take a steep paycut? I think 2017 is it for Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Josh Freeman is probably the best player my high school ever played against regularly. I believe him and Brian Manning (WR who got a cup of coffee with the Dolphins and Packers in the 90s) are the only NFL players our district ever produced.
Josh Freeman and Chase Coffman were a son of a bitch to face.

• Locked thread