Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been following college ball as well as I used to... how did the Packers do, aside from the no-brainer Kevin King pick we all knew was gonna happen? I don't know who the rest of these dudes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I didn't expect world shaking poo poo with the Packers being at 29 and I figured Ted would trade out of the first round, he's done that before.

SKULL.GIF posted:

1/3rds of the draft won't make it out of camp, most likely, because the Packers drafted two WRs and three RBs and the offense is already stacked. Malachi Dupre looks like he might stick around, Yancey probably won't, one of Janis/Davis is probably gone. One of the three RBs we took will probably end up our main bruiser with Monty spelling him.

The defensive picks seem good - not only do they fill a need, they're also significantly larger and faster than the usual players we draft. Also we drafted Vince Biegel out of Wisconsin and I'm sure he's selling dozens of jerseys already.

There's some speculation that Eliot Wolf had much more of a hand in this offseason's free agency and drafting, which is why it seems so uncharacteristic of Ted's usual approach.

Right, when I saw 3 RBs I knew right away that they're gonna shake that tree until something decent falls out and toss the rest. I was happy with the Kevin King pick and also the trade down when the guys realized he'd probably still be there at the top of the 2nd. Might as well get him and an extra pick to throw a dart and see if it lands. Not sure what to think about the late round WRs but if even one pans out it's a win. It wouldn't be the first time one became a legit starter with the Pack.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 30, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I hope Mahomes does get the time to sit and learn from Andy before he has to take the field, because if he corrects his footwork and his pocket presence we really could be looking at a monster. I think his ceiling could really be the best years of Brett Favre with possibly an even bigger arm. The difficult part is going to be getting him to that ceiling because good god drat he's raw and he's just not NFL ready right now. I'd love to see it, though. He's got an arm that won't quit and the talent to funsling a 70 yard bomb from the opposite side of the field and I love that kind of bullshit. (See also: Aaron Rodgers heaving a 60 yard hail mary while running at full speed, and scoring a loving TD)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

This but the exact opposite

Oh horse poo poo. I know you hate the Chiefs but you can't tell me that wouldn't be fun to watch.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

I couldn't even enjoy Jamaal Charles, who is my football spirit animal. I wish he was dead, even. The gently caress do I care about another wanna be Derek Carr. I hope a teammate murder suicides him.

You are a monster.

It hurts my soul to imagine anyone not wanting to see the dragon unleashed in the most hilarious possible ways.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

fsif posted:

Heck, *we* don't even have a draft grade thread this year.

Which is surprising, but considering the chaos factor of this year's first round, I understand it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

I want Marty

Words I'd never expected to see or hear from a Charger fan again.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Wait, do you think Chargers fans have anything but undying love for Marty?

I remember people calling for his head on a pike for "Martyball" and supposedly wasting LdT's prime.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Those people were dumb and a small, small minority. 99% of Chargers fans adore/adored Marty

I still think he's the best coach the Chargers had since Coryell.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Durandal1707 posted:

Yeah, if there's like one thing Chiefs and Chargers fans agree on, it's that Marty Schottenheimer loving ruled.

Well, aside for "gently caress the Raiders" and "gently caress the Broncos" but that goes without saying

Marty probably wouldn't have won a title in SD, but at the same time I think most Chargers fans nowadays (what's left of us, anyway) recognize it was stupid to get rid of him, especially after a 14-2 season.

Like most things, I blame Dean Spanos.

I worked with a Charger fan who loved the firing and talked about how it was a bold move that would end the perpetual playoff exits and the future was gonna be so bright.

He was a loving idiot.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
My high school (years and years after I graduated) had Jarius Wright, Greg Childs and Chris Gragg. All at the same time. Holy poo poo.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

sean10mm posted:

Piss blowback in the face man doesn't recognize the smell of poo poo? :v:

Carr funslinging does own actually

I like Derek Carr and I hope he wins the Raiders a super bowl

I just hope it isn't against the Packers

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

He never said it had to be with the Raiders. :v:

Yes I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

You motherfucker

Hey buddy I hope the Chargers win one too. You know drat well they're my favorite AFC team. Especially if it's still with Rivers at the helm. He deserves one, but with the state the franchise is in right now, I think he'll retire without even sniffing one :(

Sorry man. Rivers deserved better. He's one of my favorite QBs in the league.

• Locked thread