Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I don't follow college ball much at all, so I really don't know. Outside of Takk, I have never heard of any of our picks but that is par for the course. I remember people not being thrilled about our draft class last year and it ended up being gang busters so I have faith that TD and DQ did their jobs and got some players. I was really wanting Foster in the 1st, is his shoulder really that bad? Anyway, if anyone can tell me anything about these guys that'd be swell.

1. Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA : Surprised he was there at 26 considering most everywhere had him a top 15 talent but this draft was so weird. Loved the f bomb, loved the grandma picture, loved the crazy. Seems like he is a fun player that was productive while playing through shoulder injury. I'm reading he should be good to go for the preseason. The obvious goal is to pair Takk with Vic and let them wreak havoc on opposing QBs.

3. Duke Riley, LB, LSU : Have zero clue other than LSU DAD making that amazing youtube video. Reading up on him, he seems to fit the mold of Deion Jones and Kwon Alexander so if that is the case than super cool! They are slotting him at weakside which would true up our LB corps with a young, fast, trio of Campbell/Jones/Riley.

4. Sean Harlow, G, Oregon State : Zero clue. Seems like a big bully and we have a need at Guard :shrug:

5. Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State : Zero clue. Paging Ross. Have read he is a ball hawk and may have been a pretty good middle round steal.

5. Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming : Zero clue. Have again read good things and sounds like he could also be a middle round steal.

5. Eric Saubert, TE, Drake University : I don't know why everyone passed on Bucky Hodges so much, but he was the other guy I knew about going in and really wanted. Supposedly this guy is very similar to Bucky, but coming from Drake? Eh?

Thus concludes my in depth analysis. Thank you for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

And every UDFA is a diamond in the rough!

That's ridiculous, not every UDFA can be a diamond in the rough.

Only the ones my favorite team picked up!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

MAHOMES.

I love how there is only 20 yards between him and Hill (I'm assuming) before he pulls a "Nope, too far..."

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Kazee was our senior captain of the best defense in college football last year in terms of turnovers. He's a ball hawk and he'll tend to gamble a lot. Great instincts, but his tackling could use some work too. Glad to see him go to a good team with a good defensive coach

Awesome, thank you! Do you think he could transition to FS? Without taking one in this draft and with this pick, I am thinking DQ is moving someone to FS in the near future but not sure who. Poole maybe? Kazee if he has those ball hawk skilllllllllllllllz

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm not sure about his speed in covering the whole field. And that 5'10 listing is a bit generous

So we basically re-drafted Brent Grimes? I'm ok with that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Why are those pullup bars like 13 feet in the air?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Olympian Evan Jager went to my high school. Also Ryan Hartman of the Chicago Blackhawks!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Doesn't surprise me that he was a jerk to his weed dealer, but every now and then I go watch Jason Williams highlights and they never ever get old.

Jason Williams was the truth. That dude was extremely talented.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

No he hasn't been Jesus Christ.

According to their beat writer he is, so I'm not sure why you are so angry you weirdly aggressive internet man. It may not be official, but it's not like it's totally coming from warcrime's rear end.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/861665042399473664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

If we can take a step back here, maybe the Raiders own?

I agree with this assessment

• Locked thread