Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A lot of the criticism of the Chiefs draft is that they took developmental guys (Mahomes, Kpassagnon) with their high picks, and instead should have taken immediate-impact rookies that would help them get over the 1st/2nd round playoff exit hump and into a Super Bowl.

I don't really agree with that, I don't think the Chiefs were a All-Pro defensive player away from a SB. They have a very limited ceiling due to Alex Smith, and unless they somehow put together a 2000 Ravens type D in the offseason, it's not a Super Bowl team at all, it may not even be a playoff team this coming season. So I'm pretty happy with the high-ceiling risks Dorsey took, especially since he is usually is a pretty conservative GM cut from the typical Packers mold.

The Mahomes pick is especially interesting because: A) He doesn't fit into Andy Reid's offense at all, at least how its built now for Alex Smith and B) Reid/Dorsey were really excited to get Mahomes, to the point where they had the trade up to #10 planned out with Buffalo a week in advance, and according to Peter King's 49ers war room article, the Chiefs were even ready to trade up to the Jags top 5 pick to get Mahomes. That juxtaposition is exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

MAHOMES.

oh god

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Alex Smith throws like 4 picks a year and has never sniffed 4k yards, I am 100% okay with more interceptions from future Chiefs QBs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I am not sure how great of a QB developer Reid is, as in, someone who helps a QB get better at individual quarterbacking skills (footwork, ball placement, arm mechanics, etc.), I think what is he better known for is slotting in a variety of flawed QBs into his offense and getting very good results from them.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
the guy behind him has a powerful rear end

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

and I want Marty back. Alzheimers or no he'd probably beat the Raiders 9 out of 10 times just because of spite.

Andy Reid is 5-1 against Oakland since he came to KC, 2 more season sweeps and he will have beaten them 9 out of 10 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The best player from my HS ever got a scholarship to be a kicker at UVA but got kicked off the team because he went on a Mormon mission to convert people in Mexico or something

• Locked thread