Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
did you no victor cruz was an UDFA
yah
yeah
yes
smoke weed every day
View Results

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

R.D. Mangles posted:

No, the loving Patriots took Austin Carr

he is going to be so good on that team, though, mark my words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUBHktoAM7Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

boooooooooooo

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Would it be kinder for the Lions to sign Barry Sanders Jr., or to not sign him?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lazerbeam posted:

It would be a bit awkward if they only kept one.

It's gonna be pretty tough for either to make the roster, easier at TE, but you'd still have to beat out a guy they traded.

At WR: Cooks, Edelman, Hogan are mortal locks. Malcolm Mitchell (30 receptions last year as a rookie), Amendola (25 but a cagey veteran) and Matt Slater (1st team all pro ST guy last year) are all going to be pretty difficult to dislodge.

At TE: Gronk of course. Then there's two guys they traded draft picks for this offseason,
Dwayne Allen and they also traded a 5th round pick for Chiefs TE James O'Shaughnessy (0 receiver, I guess he's a good blocker?). There's also two other camp bodies in Matt Lengel and the incredibly fat Michael Williams, but if you can't beat them out, you don't have a prayer.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Shangri-Law School posted:

Would it be kinder for the Lions to sign Barry Sanders Jr., or to not sign him?

Not sign him, he should go to a team with more recent playoffs success, like the Browns.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Flikken posted:

Not sign him, he should go to a team with more recent playoffs success, like the Browns.

he's not good

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Metapod posted:

he's not good

I don't want the Browns to sign him I just felt like taking a crack at the lions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flikken posted:

At least we've gone to the playoffs in this decade.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Lazerbeam posted:

It would be a bit awkward if they only kept one.

Or...would it?

Keep one, and you get two roster spots for the price of one :getin:

Start one, and if he gets hurt or too winded, bring him back to the dressing room and then...
he comes right back out good as new, if you know what I mean...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles signed a few but the only one I'm interested in is Corey Clement. Did anyone here watch Wisconsin last season? He was their bellcow and the backup to Melvin Gordon before that. He's a local kid so if he ends up making it this town will never shut the gently caress up about him. He seems like a pretty big guy too so I figure there's something very wrong and I don't see it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets signed Connor Harris, a NAIA linebacker from Lindenwood that apparently has the all-time NCAA record for career tackles. Probably a real lunchpail type, if you know what I mean.

I don't know anything else.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Diqnol posted:

Eagles signed a few but the only one I'm interested in is Corey Clement. Did anyone here watch Wisconsin last season? He was their bellcow and the backup to Melvin Gordon before that. He's a local kid so if he ends up making it this town will never shut the gently caress up about him. He seems like a pretty big guy too so I figure there's something very wrong and I don't see it.

Been watching Clement for years, he initially looked like he was going to be great, but after his Sophomore year he regressed. Really difficult to describe, just looked average in everything, doing barely enough to keep the starting job.

I hope he can turn it around, but if the amazing backs from Wisconsin just do Ok or worse in the nfl, I don't have much hope for the average ones.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets signed Connor Harris, a NAIA linebacker from Lindenwood that apparently has the all-time NCAA record for career tackles. Probably a real lunchpail type, if you know what I mean.

I don't know anything else.

I'm biased but he's a pretty good pick-up for a UDFA. He definitely has a non-ideal build and is also a little old but he easily could have been selected in one of the later rounds of the draft because he could be a decent backup.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Diqnol posted:

Look at every other Wisconsin back in the NFL other than Gordon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Gordon loving sucks too

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I mean, James White seems pretty good and I'm still not convinced Montee Ball got a fair shake.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Diqnol posted:

I mean, James White seems pretty good and I'm still not convinced Montee Ball got a fair shake.

... Didn't he show up to practices and the film room drunk multiple times?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Outside of Wilson I've never heard of any of these guys. Not even any good name guys.

code:
Name                                      Position                         Ht.             Wt.                             College
Antony Auclair                        Tight End                        6-6            256                                 Laval
Deondre Barnett                     Defensive End                6-2            240                 Southern Illinois
Richie Brown                          Linebacker                      6-2            234               Mississippi State
Riley Bullough                         Linebacker                      6-2            228                  Michigan State
Maurice Fleming                     Cornerback                    5-11           202                     West Virginia
Cole Gardner                          Tackle                             6-6            301              Eastern Michigan
Alex Gray                                Safety                             6-3            219            Appalachian State
Korren Kirven                          Tackle                             6-5            315                            Alabama
Sefo Liufau                              Quarterback                   6-3            232                           Colorado
Greg Mabin                             Cornerback                     6-0            198                                  Iowa
Paul Magloire                          Linebacker                      6-0            225                              Arizona
Jonathan Moxey                     Cornerback                    5-10           188                       Boise State
Thomas Sperbeck                  Wide Receiver                6-0            187                       Boise State
Bobo Wilson                            Wide Receiver                5-9            186                     Florida State
Formatting is hosed but who cares.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Outside of Wilson I've never heard of any of these guys. Not even any good name guys.

code:
Name                                      Position                         Ht.             Wt.                             College
Antony Auclair                        Tight End                        6-6            256                                 Laval
Deondre Barnett                     Defensive End                6-2            240                 Southern Illinois
Richie Brown                          Linebacker                      6-2            234               Mississippi State
Riley Bullough                         Linebacker                      6-2            228                  Michigan State
Maurice Fleming                     Cornerback                    5-11           202                     West Virginia
Cole Gardner                          Tackle                             6-6            301              Eastern Michigan
Alex Gray                                Safety                             6-3            219            Appalachian State
Korren Kirven                          Tackle                             6-5            315                            Alabama
Sefo Liufau                              Quarterback                   6-3            232                           Colorado
Greg Mabin                             Cornerback                     6-0            198                                  Iowa
Paul Magloire                          Linebacker                      6-0            225                              Arizona
Jonathan Moxey                     Cornerback                    5-10           188                       Boise State
Thomas Sperbeck                  Wide Receiver                6-0            187                       Boise State
Bobo Wilson                            Wide Receiver                5-9            186                     Florida State
Formatting is hosed but who cares.

Sefo Liufau was rad as hell. Riley Bullough is not as good as his brother Max, who the Texans occasionally call up from the practice squad.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 1, 2017

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Cardinals signed Trevor Knight, who has a great name for a QB and it's going to be an intense camp battle for the #3 spot between him and Zac Dysert for the right to get beaten by Patrick Peterson in the weekly QB competition and have to wear weird outfits before games.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/861293285012193280

JFC, the guy must be truly awful.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

... Didn't he show up to practices and the film room drunk multiple times?

Yes, he had a serious problem with alcoholism but is now in counseling and attempting to finally graduate from Wisconsin

Pretty typical and sad story.

quote:

Ball was trashing his body and mind at the same time he was ignoring the NFL's outreach. He would usually drink to excess on four nights (Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday) during a normal in-season week featuring a Sunday game.

Ball said Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville suspected something was wrong when he asked Ball to stay following one running backs meeting.

"He talked about how he could smell the alcohol on me and that he thinks I may have a problem with drinking," Ball said. "He said if I needed any help with that he could reach out to people I could talk to.

"I didn't listen to him."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Coldforge posted:

JFC, the guy must be truly awful.

Or he was smoking meth in the bathrooms.

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/861280954136047618

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sefo Liufau was rad as hell. Riley Bullough is not as good as his brother Max, who the Texans occasionally call up from the practice squad.

Sefo Liufau is such a Star Wars name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bigmcgaffney posted:

Cardinals signed Trevor Knight, who has a great name for a QB and it's going to be an intense camp battle for the #3 spot between him and Zac Dysert for the right to get beaten by Patrick Peterson in the weekly QB competition and have to wear weird outfits before games.

Katy Perry said Trevor Knight was attractive on national television so he has a clear advantage.

• Locked thread