Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Why on earth are you rostering 2 kickers? And to a slightly lesser extent, why are you roster 2 D/STs?

Are those really the best guys on the wire? I don't like either of them and would honestly probably prefer to hold Jacquizz if for some weird reason you need to roster 2 kickers and defenses. Definitely drop a K and D/ST before Quizz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Pretty sure Martin's suspension is 3 games, not 4.

generally I prefer posted:

Short story, I started with Janikowski and got a bit overzealous in getting rid of him. Long story, I've been playing FF for four years because a friend needed me to fill a spot in his league and I know nothing about it/American football besides what I've learned from playing FF.

edit: I get a bit paranoid about making sure I have cover for bye weeks because it's a 14 team league and there's never usually much on the wire.

Okay yeah, you never need to have 2 kickers. They are fungible. Someone will be available to cover the bye week (and drop your kicker to replace him. Not someone on your bench). D/ST can sometimes be worth rostering 2, but definitely not in your case because Miami is bad. Drop them and worry about covering Denver next week.

Can you post a list of the top available WRs and RBs?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jaron Brown is not a must-own. He's 4% owned on Yahoo. Not sure why Pubic is so high on him compared to JJ Nelson. They're both going to be boom or bust guys, but Nelson is the better bet (looks like he's probably already owned).

Scoring looks like standard to me, so I don't love Gio or Vereen in your case either. Foreman is a good stash.

That list of available WRs is ugly, but I'd rather have guys like Travis Benjamin and Robby Anderson than Will Fuller or Mike Williams, tbh.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

pubic works project posted:

In a 14 person league and based on what I saw in last night's game, I'd definitely roster Jaron Brown. Someone must already have Nelson, so I'd rather have Brown than 2 kickers.

I mean yeah, he's obviously better than rostering 2 kickers. And I'm not saying he shouldn't be looked at in deep leagues. You've just been pretty vocal the last few days suggesting that people drop JJ Nelson (unless I'm confusing you with someone else, in which case, my bad!) and now you called Jaron Brown a must own. Those two opinions don't jive with my understanding of the Arizona offense.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah this dude is right. Why do you have Flacco? Is it 2 QB? I'd drop him for someone like Smallwood or Foreman. Why do you have Fitz and JJ Nelson? I'd pray Nelson has a good game and try to sell him for someone like Bilal Powell.

This is what I was remembering. You went from questioning roster Nelson and even Fitz, to recommending picking up Jaron Brown.

Agreed though that Brown is as good of a flier as any in that 14 teamer that 'generally I prefer' posted. Until John Brown comes back anyways.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

nbzl posted:

How long are we letting the Golladay and Rahsard Higgins experiment play out? I have both rostered with a starting stable of Green, M. Thomas, and Garcon. Kupp, Amendola, M. Lee, and J.J. Nelson are all available on waivers. Should I pick any of those up?

Edit: 10 man .5 ppr league

Grab Garcon immediately. I'd also grab Amendola.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

He owns Garcon.

Oops, misread that. I'd grab Amendola and Lee over Golladay and Higgins.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

So I think I caught my commissioner cheating. We're in a Yahoo league where waivers generally run early Wednesday morning. When they ran today I noticed something weird. Two transactions ran an hour before the others and picked up free agents rather than waiver claims. Both of these claims were by the commissioner, who happens to be 0-3. The two other teams that made moves are now 11 and 12 on waiver priority but the commissioner is still sitting at 3rd.
Here's a screenshot:

This seems sketchy as poo poo, but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything simple before I call him out.

Yahoo's waivers process at 3am eastern, but they aren't actually logged until an hour or so often. You can pick up the FAs as of 3:01, so as long as a guy didn't have a claim on him, he can be picked up before the Waivers actually go through and show up in the transaction log.

That's probably confusing to read, but he didn't cheat.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

We're dropping our Perkinses for literally anything. Kamara is a good pickup.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

would you rather have Jamaal Charles or Wendell Smallwood?

I'd rather have Charles, unless you need someone to start right now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

gently caress I really don't want to start Monty + Howard on a short week.

I'm starting Howard and Cohen :stonklol:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

someone offered me Mike Gillislee + Kenny Golladay for my Chris Thompson in PPR. Can Thompson keep this up or should I sell?

I'd be selling Thompson, but I'd be aiming higher than Gillislee.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jota posted:

Someone in my one league just offered me OBJ and Lamar Miller for Melvin Gordon and TY Hilton.

I'm obviously going to say no to that trade, but if I could get him to give up Carlos Hyde instead of Lamar Miller is that something worth considering?

If you get Hyde I think that's an easy accept.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I am so sad that I've lost DJ AND Monty in both of my main leagues.

I like God is trying to tell him this isn't my year.

God is trying to tell you not to draft the same team in multiple leagues. That's just asking for trouble.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Kloaked00 posted:

In my non-PPR league, I just noticed that that Cohen and Smallwood are both free agents. Who should I drop for one/both? Lynch, J Stew and Gore are my RB1/2Flex right now (RIP D.J.)

Bench:
Crabtree
Buck Allen
JJ Nelson
Garcon
Ellington

I'm thinking that dropping Allen (since the Ravens offense looks to be in shambles) and Nelson since he has the hammy injury and Brown is expected back

I think Ellington is only potentially useful in PPR. He'd be my first drop.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

89 posted:

My starting RBs are McCoy, Gordon, and Ajayi (flex). But I also have Coleman, Smallwood, Ingram, and Collins on my bench.

Somebody offered Julio for Ajayi. Take it?

Obviously. How is this even a question?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ZIGfried posted:

Potential Trade 1

Melvin Gordon & Martavis Bryant
For
Julio Jones & CJ Anderson

Potential Trade 2

Melvin Gordon & Jeremy Maclin
For
Brandin Cooks & Christian McCaffery

Do you like either of these trades as the Gordon owner?

Mash that first trade imo

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Boywunda posted:

With Doug Martin available this week, would he be a better option this week than Jordan Howard?

Howard vs MIN (a good run defense)
Martin vs NE (a lovely run defense).

I made the mistake of benching Howard in week 3 due to Cohen hype and injured shoulder and PIT run defense. That mistake cost me my only loss this year. Don't really know how much Martin will be used yet, but that Patriot defense looks ripe for the picking. This would be my flex play, with McCoy and Gurley taking my other RB slots.

It's Thursday night and we have no idea what Martin's usage is going to be like. He's not even going to get a padded practice in. I wouldn't be starting him this week unless I absolutely had to.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

lol Rotoworld

-----------

Titans signed QB Brandon Weeden to a one-year contract.
With Marcus Mariota (hamstring) day to day, the Titans need insurance behind Matt Cassel. The signing obviously doesn't bode well for Mariota's availability, but it is not a guarantee Mariota will sit against the Dolphins. Coach Mike Mularkey has already sign Mariota could come down to a game-time decision, and does not need to practice to play. Now 62, Weeden would become the oldest professional athlete to appear in a game in American history if he takes snaps on Sunday.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

lmao this trade request I just received

Somebody offered me Demarco Murray and Keenan Allen for Antonio Brown and Alvin Kamara this morning.

Eh, this is a fine enough offer to gauge whether someone is panicking on AB. I wouldn't do it, but some dummies out there are going to sell AB low this week and it doesn't hurt to throw out feeler offers.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Ezekiel Elliot and Stefan Diggs for Michael Thomas and Le'von Bell? PPR league.

Easily prefer Bell/Thomas, even without the risk of a Zeke suspension.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Dropped my kicker to grab Alfred Morris this morning just in case. Anyone that is RB needy and has a free bench spot/kicker to drop might want to do the same. I doubt Zeke ends up serving that suspension this year, but you never know.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Is Jaquizz worth keeping on my roster now that Martin is back? I need a kicker for Bryant's bye week.

I'd hold him for at least another week, personally. Who is your next best drop candidate? (The real answer is drop Bryant)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Liquid Banjo posted:

I'm going to pass on throwing Martin out there in his first game back. Doesn't seem right.

Having said that, I seemed to have covered my RB options too well. Fuller is out there on FA and I'd rather drop one of Ingram, Smallwood or Aaron Jones for him.

12-team standard.

Is he worth it or should I sit tight?

All of a sudden Ty Montgomery AND Jamaal Williams might play this week. Aaron Jones is probably droppable.

Definitely don't drop Ingram.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Would you rather have Brice Butler or Jaron Brown on your roster? .5 ppr

Brown

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doltos posted:

Anyone who watches the Cards regularly have an opinion on Jaron Brown? I nabbed him this week with a late waiver wire and I'm not sure if I should plug him in over Cobb or Parker.

I haven't seen him play, but Cobb and Parker are both good plays this week. I would not start Brown over either.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Eddie Lacy or Wayne Gallman as an end of bench garbage RB for a team lacking impact backs? Full PPR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Thanks guys. My thoughts as well. Just saw Lacy still sitting on the wire and thought I'd check.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Gallman

new page repost:
Dynasty question. Would you rather have Carr or Winston? -2 for INT and 20 yards per 1 point for passing, 4 pt TDs.

I'm not a dynasty guy, but I'd lean Winston.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gronk added to the injury report with a thigh injury. I don't like the sound of that considering they're playing tomorrow.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Elotana posted:

My league gives QBs 6 points and not 4, plus this guy's desperate, so I'm opening with Evans and another player.

You'd be insanely lucky to get Evans. Asking for more is crazy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Does anyone know if you're able to put OUT players in the IR slot on yahoo?

Some dude dropped Dalvin Cook and it's a keeper league, so i want to grab him and stash him as he'd cost a 4th rounder next season.

I'm not sure if it's true of all Yahoo leagues, but this is definitely true in mine. I've got Carr there right now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

I'm trying to see if my brain is thinking logically or just wanting action tonight.

Martin has only gotten in one practice in 3 weeks and TB has another rb perfectly capable of carrying the mail tonight.

Other rbs are Ty Mont who didn't practice today and I'm afraid will be limited at best if he did play and Ellington who isn't a bad alternative

PPR I'd go Ellington. Standard I would roll the dice on Martin.

I'm still leery of Martin tonight, despite the reports. I wouldn't play him if I had a decent alternative.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

At least you've got the K1!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Are the Pats doing that annoying injury list bullshit with Gronk or is actually gonna play?

Also someone dropped Derrick Henry so I just swapped him for Crowder.

RB: Bell, CJ, Tarik, Gallman, Henry
WR: M Thomas, Fuller, Shepard, Funchess

.5ppr, .2ppc

Heavy RB and jack poo poo at WR paid off with a championship last year. So far it's working wonderfully since I'm at a nice 4-0 to start.

:getin:

Gronk will play. There's a chance he doesn't play a full complement of snaps, but you start him regardless.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Likewise with Lee but he hasn't practiced the last two days so I'm assuming he's going to be out. Unsure about Gallman, but that's more a question for the Sit/Start thread.

There are players like Woods, Kearse, Britt, and Terrance Williams on FA/Waivers but they're not particularly appealing either. Maybe over someone like Marvin Jones.

Jaron Brown gone?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Oh yeah, has been rostered for weeks. Available WRs ranked by projected points this week are Williams, Dorsett, Kearse, Beasley, JuJu, Taywan Taylor, Woods, Golladay. RBs are similarly thin.

Yeesh. Adam Humphries too? I'd rather stream him tonight than play Rawls/Lacy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

God damnit.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I know you're not supposed to have a Thursday game in your FLEX or whatever, but if I have Doug Martin there and my other RBs are Bell and Gurley, it doesn't matter, right?

I'm not going to end up sitting either of the other RBs no matter what happens.

Todd Gurley could get hit by a bus and die. Start Martin in your RB slot.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

To those who blasphemed and drafted a tight end and now face a weekend without rob gronkowski

The love

The light

ASJ

Available in 86% of yahoo leagues

This is probably what I'm doing, unless people think Dwayne Allen is a good spot start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

The Giants are the best TE matchup in the league so far. I'd start Hunter Henry anywhere I could this week.

• Locked thread