Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't read anything about this. Is it going to be a split situation or is someone else going to take it over?

There's a whole lot of Kareem Hunt hype, but I don't know there's anything concrete yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

ChuckBTY posted:

I can say from running an ESPN keeper league is that's the only way you can do it right now on their site.

You could always manually enter. It sucks, but it's an option.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

The Buffalo Bills have decided Jordan Matthews is a better receiving option than Sammy Watkins. Obviously, the Bills have never had JMatt on their fantasy roster. :v:

I mean, he has less receptions, yards, and TDs than Matthews...

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'd consider Matthews, he has some decent upside for the tail end of the draft. I'm probably not drafting Watkins unless he falls a long way.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

What about on a per game basis?

Good point, he has less games too.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

The problem with going deep against a strong front is that you need a line capable of buying you the time to hold it that long against above average pressure, and a QB capable of making the throw. I'm not convinced the Rams have either.

Sure, but they have a strong screen game with Austin to help balance.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm not sure I'd blow 60/200 on some dude whose going to miss at least a quarter of the season. Especially with DJ and Howard sitting there.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Any else a bit leery of Hilton given Luck's bum shoulder?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Butter Hole posted:

The reports I'm seeing today says Luck should be ready week 1, and if not it should only be 1-2 weeks where he's out. Hilton still pulled over 1200 yards and a handful of TDs in 2015 when Luck only played 7 games (granted I think that was with Hasselbeck). I'm a bit worried about him but I think he's good value for where he's being drafted.

That's a good point. I'm staring down the possibility of Hilton at 1.4 in a weird keeper league and that's a decent stat to keep in mind.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I'm fine with dropped $15 for Beast Mode for my RB3/Flex.

Yeah, I think that's about right. Third round though and he's probably not a flex or you're passing on WRs that rate better than WR3/flex to grab him.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'd really have rather seen a WR in 4, I think. I'm not sure I like Montgomery at 3 either. Basically I feel vaguely unsettled by this draft.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I have a deep keeper/pseudo dynasty draft this weekend and am trying to finalize my 6 keepers. It's a 12 team .5ppr starting QB, 2RB, 2WR, W/T flex, TE, Superflex, and assorted IDP. And I need to keep 6 of these guys. No real penalty, just different lengths of time they can be kept.

Philip Rivers
Tyrod Taylor
Allen Robinson
Lamar Miller
Todd Gurley
Dez Bryant
Jamison Crowder
Sterling Shepard
Willie Snead
Delanie Walker

I trimmed the guys with no value. I'm drafting at 4 and have a strong chance of a guy like Hilton or a QB in the Manning level, and a low to moderate chance of Wilson or Ryan making it to me. The obvious option is to keep the top 6 guys listed. The problem is I sorta don't like them anymore. I keep staring at at and thinking "Sure, Hilton, Dez, ARob is a good receiving corps." Man. I'm going to be staring at my team all season and hating myself for rolling out gurley and ARob aren't I?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Yes, no real options here, keep those 6. If you can trade a 2 for 1 to upgrade one of those guys and open up another spot, Crowder or Snead would be next up.

Somehow managed to move some stuff for Baldwin for a lot less than expected. I can ditch ARob and trot out Dez, TY, and Baldwin all year and just laugh and laugh.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Man, I dunno. Am I crazy for probably preferring Robinson to Dez in a 6 keeper league? In full on dynasty I definitely do, but I might even here.

I keep looking at Marrone saying they want to limit Bortles this year and thinking that bodes real poorly for ARob.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

Howard definitely.

Yeah, it's not even close. Howard by a mile.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

Gordon is going 2nd round in only 4 man leagues.

Yeah, he seems to be back end of the 1st. Generally seems to be the first guy of the second set of RBs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

If I could end up with both Freeman & Gordon with the #8 out of 10 spot, I'd freak

Just dropping your pants and rosterbating before the draft even finishes.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Finished first of 2 drafts today. 12 team, keep six, superflex with a bonus W/T spot and light IDP.

QB: Philip Rivers, Tyrod Taylor, DeShone Kizer
RB: Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley, Ty Montgomery, CJ Anderson, Marlon Mack
WR: Dez Bryant, Doug Baldwin, T.Y. Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Maclin Curtis Samuel
TE: Jack Doyle
K: Wil Lutz
IDP: Everson Griffen, Deion Jones, Christian Kirksey,Tony Jefferson

The keeper settings deliberately favor younger players, and basically all the QBs are kept. On the whole, I'm happy.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah there are a ton of risks with Luck, but the upside is top 3 QB. I could have likely reached for Duke Johnson instead and grabbed Dalton or Mariota.

I loving love this team. Awesome bench, amazing job with quality starters, everything about this is great.

I agree with Beer. Great team.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Did my work auction league today. 14 team, 1 PPR. $250 cap

QB - Wentz ($6)
RB - David Johnson ($70)
RB - Ty Montgomery ($30)
WR - Dez ($35)
WR - Emmanuel Sanders ($22)
TE - Kelce ($30)
Flex - Ingram ($20)
K - Santos ($1)
D/ST - Bills ($1)
Bench - Martavis Bryant ($10)
Bench - Diggs ($5)
Bench - Blount ($5)
Bench - Crowder ($7)
Bench - DeVante Parker ($6)
Bench - Jamaal Williams ($1)
Bench - Hunter Henry ($1)

This poo poo got crazy! Kickers and defenses were going for more than a dollar. Someone bid $13 for Matt Bryant.

What do you guys think?

That's nuts. I did a 14 team auction $225 and DJ went for $95. Dez for $58.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

Finished my second draft of the year last night. 10 team, non-ppr.

QB- Matt Ryan (68)
WR- Odell Beckham Jr. (8)
WR- Michael Thomas (13)
RB- Jordan Howard (28)
RB- Leonard Fournette (33)
FLEX- Isaiah Crowell (48)
Bench- Mark Ingram (53)
Bench- Jarvis Landry (73)
Bench- Pierre Garcon (88)
Bench- CJ Anderson (93)
Bench- Kenny Britt (108)
Bench- Kareem Hunt (113)
Bench- Robbie Anderson (128)
Bench- Jamaal Williams (133)
Bench- Ted Ginn Jr. (148)

A lot of guys slid pretty far down the board (Jordan Howard @ 28, etc). I think I did well. I literally drafted Beckham 30 seconds before he got hurt last night though :(

How does it look?

Can't believe you got Howard in the third. That looks like a real solid team to me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

shameless self quote.

For whatever it's worth, I think pretty well. I have a personal bias against Keenan Allen and Abdullah after drafting them last year. My initial thought was that I'd want more receiver depth, but really that's mitigated by all the flex spots. I think with that many flexes, it all comes down to how well you play it during the year. You've got enough upside that it should be competitive.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

Side note, never played in a 0 PPR league before. Standard settings with a flex. RB heavy, yeah? I'm 12th out of 12 pick though 🙄

WRs drop in relation to RB, though I think Julio and AB would go in the first still. Guys who get more passes than yards drop off as well. Fitz is a notable example, top 5 in receptions last year, doesn't make the top 20 in yards. Grab a cheat sheet, really.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

Julio and AB absolutely go in the first in a 12 team 0 ppr league. Other receivers as well. You're overthinking the value difference.

Yeah, that's true. I think there's more of a gap between those two and the guys behind them though.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

It was a 14 team auction league and everyone was snagging two QBs.

Hey! You can be my spirit animal. 14 team auction this weekend, everyone not only drafted but overpaid for 2 QBs. There's one guy with Tyrod, Wilson and Palmer. Another who spent $50 on Luck and Ryan. Brees and Stafford. None of them beat the guy who drafted Kizer, Watson, and Manning. I wound up Wentz as well. At least I beat the guy who'll be trotting out McCown.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Agreed on Hurns.

I'm not loving that draft. That's a lot of early picks on handcuffs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I don't mind taking a top defense a round or two early.

On average, the top 3 defense scored 2.7 more points every week than the 10, 11, and 12th best defenses. That's 2.7 more real, accountable points for your team. That's compared to the 0 points most 13th 14th round players give to your team. They are just warm bodies top drop once some waiver wire stud comes up or half your team is IR'd after 3 weeks (in which case you're doomed anyways).

Top defenses have a higher chance of helping you curb stomp your opponent by putting up 15-20 pts, and a lower chance of getting <1 point.

Is that the third defense off the board or the #3 at the end of the year?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

End of the year.

But you have a much better shot that your pick , which should be an educated guess will be better off producing actual points for you week in and out than some scrub waiver meat that you will drop before he even sniffs a starting roster spot.

I paid 4$ for Denver defense last year. They were number two or 3 at the end of the year. Paid off more than the other 1$ scrubs i got in the draft.

Yeah, but you could have gotten 3 $2 scrubs instead.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is that the 14 teamer where you're starting Wentz?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Contrariwise, I'd say if you don't like him, don't take him. Evans and McCoy are both going to do well. Last year Evans was a 6 points better than OBJ in my .5ppr anyways. That's basically even and Evans only stands to widen the gap if OBJ misses any time.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

He has to drop these two players anyway and he doesn't have a TE rostered. I guess you could wait until the day before Week 1.

He has to drop players, not necessarily those 2. I'd rather lose Ginn and Anderson personally.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

coronaball posted:

I'm stuck in an 8 man league that can't attract more people. I was thinking to make it so everyone doesn't have a superteam, we'd do the following.

2QB/2RB/3WR/2TE/Def/1 IDP

Are there any other tactics we can use to make this interesting?

Expanding the lineup is definitely one way to do it. I'd basically add 1 RB, 1 WR and probably a W/T flex and things even out a good bit. Even a QB or Superflex is fine, I'd think. You could limit the bench of you wanted to, that can force interesting choices.

I don't think adding 1 IDP does much of anything. I'm in a 12 teamer that does 4 and even that still leaves good options open.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Depends on whether I thought I was more likely to get a better QB or RB at that spot. In a vacuum, I favor 2 QB, but I'd go through and take a look at who everyone else is likely to keep and see who you might get in your spot and use that to inform my decision.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
In my 14 team league, .5PPR, QB 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T flex, K, IDP I got an interesting offer. Derrick Henry for DeSean Jackson.

Currently I have:

RB: Freeman, Fat Rob, Henry, Duke Johnson, Rawls, Kamara
WR: Hilton, Tate, Adams, Marvin Jones, Lockett, John Ross

I've been regretting drafting Marvin Jones ever since and I feel like I can kick him to the curb. On the other hand, RBs are not particularly deep.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Butter Hole posted:

I'm gonna be annoying and quote myself. Thoughts on this draft? Should I try and land JacQuiz or ride out out the Martin suspension? 6 team playoffs if it makes a difference.

I feel like you can skate by with Howard and CJA for 3 weeks. Beyond Henry (and eventually Martin) you don't really have a playable dude, which would make me real hesitant move Henry.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

Oh standard ESPN is PPR? Where you can pick the scoring it says Standard or PPR Standard so I don't think PPR is default. Our league is "Fractional" which is just "Standard" no-PPR with decimals.

Yeah, I think they changed the default league to .5 PPR. So while "Standard" still means no PPR the default league is now PPR. On the whole, I think you're team is pretty good, but I'd rather not have the extra TE and QB. The RBs are a definite strength but you're pretty iffy at WR.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm a little leery of relying on Martin as a RB2 post suspension.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

It's not really a question of relying on Martin. It's just that that particular deal was TERRIBLE.

Terrible or not, he's still relying on Martin as a RB2 after his suspension. I would not do that.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Here's a fun one: out of the drafts you've done this year, which one is the worst draft that you've seen that was not an auto draft? Here is my nomination.

Eli was drafted in the SECOND ROUND.

I have one that was a partial autodraft 14 team auction, spent down to $1 maxbid and walked out. He had 2 RB, total:

QB Matt Ryan $31
RB Alfred Morris $8
RB Mark Ingram $16
WR DeAndre Hopkins $45
WR Michael Thomas $65
TE Jordan Reed $24
FLEX Mike Wallace $3
LB NaVorro Bowman $4
DL Jadeveon Clowney $1
DB Kenny Vaccaro $1
DP Vontaze Burfict $2
K Caleb Sturgis $1
BE Andrew Luck $18
BE Zay Jones $1
BE Karl Joseph $1
BE Danielle Hunter $1
BE Eric Weddle $1
BE Sean Davis $1
BE Cliff Avril $1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I'm always looking for WR flyers, especially in 1 PPR. Does Jermaine Kearse gain any more value now that he's a Jet?

I think he's the only WR on the Jets who has ever started anywhere. That's gotta be worth something. Probably more than Seattle where he's presumably behind Baldwin and Graham (and maybe Lockett). I, um, still wouldn't be running out for Jets WRs.

• Locked thread