Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

pubic works project posted:

CMike lives! The Colts just signed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Benne posted:

Get rid of mandatory TEs, use an WR/TE flex spot, draft Gronk and Kelce wherever the hell you want. There I just fixed fantasy football.

We've been doing this for 8 years. It owns.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Is the line still hilariously terrible?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Can anyone give me a good FAAB system to propose to my league? We have rolling waivers right now and I hate it and the commish is asking what we'd like to see changed.

We use CBS.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

$200 a season, standard waiver window (process 3 days after sunday iirc), min bid of 0, free agency after FAAB process until kickoff.

My league uses 1000 per season just so we can see lotto tickets go for a couple hundred.

Perfect, thanks!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

*curb theme music*

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I love Crow. I'll absolutely grab him if I see value in the middle rounds.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I;m thinking about thos teams

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Congrats to anyone who scoops up DJ outside of the top 3 because of a sprain.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ben Nevis posted:

Sorry bro, not gonna grab DJ at 7 cause I'm going zeroRB.

If he's there at 7 and you don't throw that strategy out immediately, congrats on not making the playoffs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I am, much to my protestations against, the biggest MY STRATEGY dink in this thread (most of those strategies being staunchly anti-strategy, but still an ethos is an ethos) and I'm on board with this 150%

I'm going Zero RB until I die, but if DJ is available at my first round pick it's a all but a certainty that I'm picking him.

It's just that my next ~6 picks are going to be WRs probably. DJ falling to you after 3 is a zero RB dream because you literally don't have to worry about picking a RB again for like 5 rounds it's literally best case scenario. Having a top 3 pick this year is actually where it gets annoying, because there's very little in the way of truly justifying AB/OBJ/Julio/what have you over the top RBs and then you have to wait like 18-20 picks for your WR1 and WR2 which severely limits your chances of getting top flight WR talent. The Zero RB dream is to have pick 5-6 and somehow by the grace of god DJ or Zeke fall to you, and you laugh all the way to the bank when you somehow get both a legit RB1 and two top-15 ADP WRs

e: If DJ fell to me at 6, maybe I'd even pick a TE since I'll need one less 5-7th round pick for a zero RB target!!!!!

I have him in the 7thas a keeper and am picking 6th. I might go 0RB for the first time ever :smuggo:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

coronaball posted:

Why would David Johnson fall out of the top 3 in anything but a public free league with 3 maniacs picking 1-3? I'd be more concerned about having to make a decision about Zeke if he fell out of the top 3, considering his woman issues, constant car wrecks, and smaller sample size.

Read back a bit before my comment and you'll see.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Is Dallas' line still good?

Yes?

Zeke gon eat

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

The NFL is an ongoing experiment in what happens when you give millions of dollars to men in their early 20s, it's kind of hilarious if you think about it.

e. Also this is gonna be Run DMF's breakout year, finally!

That experiment has been going on in wall st for years.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Veritek83 posted:

cue Cecil Lammey telling us that this is the year Latimer breaks out (of jail)

New thread title please.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

:lol:

I love Denny

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/887764051488645120

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

FFFFFFFFFFFFuuucccckkkkk

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

One keeper per year just means everyone is keeping their first round pick and you're basically skipping the first round. Which especially sucks for anyone who like, picked 10th in your first draft. You're handing the first few teams Zeke, David Johnson, OBJ, Brown, etc. forever.

In my opinion you need to have: more than one keeper (or why bother), have keepers cost some round's pick that escalates each year (so a fifth round pick kept costs a 4th the following year, then a 3rd the year after, etc.) and maybe make it impossible to keep a 1st round pick from one year to the next.

The way we do it is as follows:

Only players picked after the 6th are keeper eligible
3 year contracts (includes the year you drafted them)
Each year kept is minus one round
Waivers are a 12th. If you keep 2 waivers, it's a 12th and 11th to start, highest point total from the previous year is the 11th.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Any CBS commissioners in here? Is there any way to see ownership history on a player?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ok, I need keeper help.

Definite:
David Johnson for a 6th rounder. No brainer.

Possible:
Cam Newton - 9th
Jimmy Graham - 13th
Stafford - 12th
Cam Meredith - 13th

6 points passing/rushing/receiving. 1PPR.

I'm leaning towards Jimmy Graham tbh. We don't have a dedicated TE spot, but on that list he's the only guy I'm reasonably confident in. Cam scares the poo poo out of me this year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Doltos posted:

I'd keep Graham definitely and maybe Stafford. I plan on taking Meredith that late this year anyway so maybe he'll be available when you toss him back into the pool.

Sorry, I can only keep one from that pool. I forgot to add that.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'll target the Jets every opportunity I get.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Benne posted:

People sleep on Stafford every year and he puts up perfectly good numbers while still being dirt cheap. At least that's been my go-to recently.

Romo 2.0

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

On the other hand, cats always fall asleep in the sun and it's really sunny in Miami.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RisqueBarber posted:

Vegas had the Dolphins winning 7 games before Tannehill's injury. I'm staying away from anything Dolphins.

Players on bad teams, even with bad QBs, can be useful in fantasy football.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teeter posted:

Those of you in keeper leagues, how are waiver wire acquisitions valued the following year compared to players obtained through the draft?

My league does "previous draft round -2" for retaining players, i.e. draft a player in the 6th and it will cost a 4th to keep them the following year. If an undrafted player obtained through waivers is to be kept, they will cost a 14th. These rules seem to be hastily thrown together by others in my league and it has already had an impact because I kept David Johnson for a 14th last season and had a fairly easy road to the championship. I've now been made commissioner and want to make some tweaks so that keepers don't give as big an advantage but don't know where the sweet spot is. There are currently two situations unfolding in my league that I can foresee being an issue:
  • Jordan Howard was undrafted and picked up off waivers so he is set to be kept for a 14th.
  • Michael Thomas was drafted in the 16th round and is set to be kept for a 14th.
I don't feel that keeping Jordan Howard as a 14th is fair. It can throw things off as I learned from DJ last year, and should be moved up. Michael Thomas for a 14th is in a similar situation but I'm more inclined to let it slide because that's a solid play. They drafted a sleeper and retained them on their roster the entire year so that keeper discount feels a bit more "earned" than simply winning a waiver auction mid-season.

tl,dr: How does your keeper league find a balance between retaining undrafted players vs retaining late-round draft picks if their value spikes the following season?

All of this defeats the purpose of keepers and if you're going to gently caress with things, just get rid of them altogether.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teeter posted:

:agreed:

e: I just inherited this mess and want to slow the bleeding a bit for the upcoming season while potentially reverting back to redraft for next year.

You'll probably disband the league. Part of the fun of keepers is getting a stud like DJ that late and getting to keep them for a few years. Honestly once they're in a league its pretty much impossible to get rid of without upsetting a lot of people.

Just do 3 year contracts (including the year you draft them), and 1 round penalties for each year kept. Maybe move waivers down to a 13th or 12th instead of a 14th.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Wasn't touching Watkins/JMatt before the trade, nothing has changed.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ben Nevis posted:

I'd consider Matthews, he has some decent upside for the tail end of the draft. I'm probably not drafting Watkins unless he falls a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XbukdoGmM

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

In our keeper league, I have DJ and the 4th OA. If the big 3 WRs are off the board I might go Gordon and pair him with DJ.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I had no idea my dad/uncle post here.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Question...

I'm keeping DJ in the 7th and Jimmy Graham in the 12th. PPR league.

I could cut Graham loose and keep Henry in the 12th.

We do not have a dedicated TE spot, just a WR/TE flex.

Should I do that? I'd be able to keep Henry next year too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

pubic works project posted:

So what's a good defense to have for week one? Bills against Jets? Rams against Colts?

Yep. In that order probably.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

89 posted:

I am really confused as how to draft in a non PPR league. I want to go BPA. But now receivers are devalued and it's throwIng my stuff off

If you have a RB flex go RB-RB-RB

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

VietCampo posted:

Just got offered Gurley + AP for my Demarco and not entirely sure how to think about this.

Help me out here friends

My other RB's are Powell, Ingram, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams.

Big loving no.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The guy that is really going to benefit from Jordy getting healthy is Cobb. With the emergence of Adams on the outside, he's going ro slide back into the slot. He has historically abused nickel corners. Dude is going to be an ADP sleeper because everyone is drafting him based on what he's done as an outside WR over various points during the last 3 years, completely ignoring that he's a completely different WR working from the inside. I'm willing to go on hot take record that he's going to outscore pretty much every one of the WRs going a round before him, and probably everyone going after him

Doing the dril tweet as my team name if I get him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Jared Cook is available?

New thread title please.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I drafted a weird team last night. Because of our keepers a lot of guys went earlier than normal. I ended up with Luck in the 7th and then Winston fell to me 3 rounds later. Both are now keeper eligible for me for the next 3 years so that's nice.

Went Evans, Hopkins, Hyde, Sanders with my first 4 picks and David Johnson as a keeper (from the 5 spot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

TUS posted:

It's the fun part of streaming, being asked why you've picked up mediocre defenses, rather than looking at who they're playing against :smith:

Yep. I picked the Rams in the last round last night. Hello Colts without Luck.

• Locked thread