Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
2 keeper league and you give up the round projected to go in.

I have LeVeon Bell who I'm keeping so there goes my 1st round pick, but I'm not sure if I should keep another player.

Rankings are based off ESPN top 200 and here are my other options. Non-ppr league and 6 td -2 isn't for qb's

Carr - 9th round
Ware - 6th round
Fitz - 5th round
Hill - 5th round
Graham - 8th round
Crowder - 6th round

2nd keeper has to be from round 4 or later so those are my options. Anyone worth keeping and giving up a draft pick for or should I just let it ride only with Bell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

That sounds awful. The whole fun part of a keeper league is you get to keep guys for less than their market value.

Why even have keepers then?

It's a step in the right direction. Compared to how it used to be where you could keep any two players and didn't have to give up any draft picks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

2 keeper league and you give up the round projected to go in.

I have LeVeon Bell who I'm keeping so there goes my 1st round pick, but I'm not sure if I should keep another player.

Rankings are based off ESPN top 200 and here are my other options. Non-ppr league and 6 td -2 isn't for qb's

Carr - 9th round
Ware - 6th round
Fitz - 5th round
Hill - 5th round
Graham - 8th round
Crowder - 6th round

2nd keeper has to be from round 4 or later so those are my options. Anyone worth keeping and giving up a draft pick for or should I just let it ride only with Bell?

Quick repost since keeper selection is due tonight. If anyone has any input.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

I think Carr or Graham are solid keeper choices from a value standpoint. Gun to my head, I probably keep Graham. You can get a QB late, but top five TE in the 8th makes life easier.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Graham. I debated Ware as well. 4For4's rushing expectation series is very high on him.

pubic works project posted:

I think Ware. Now you can go for WR/BPA in the 2nd round since you have a stud in Bell and a solid RB/Flex in Ware.

I ended up going Graham. I didn't want to gamble a 5th on Ware and his backup looming. Would rather gamble an 8th on Graham.

Appreciate all the help.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Signing up for some fantasy info websites gave me access to the Draft Analyzer.

Never used it (or something like it) before.

Is it worth utilizing?

Pros?

Cons?

I've run a few mock drafts on it with my current league settings, but can't really notice much during a mock.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'd stick with beer sheets. They have been pretty accurate and have found some nice value picks later in drafts.

I've stared at these sheets and think I understand most of it, except for why certain players are shaded. I originally thought it was showing tiers, but that doesn't make sense to me since for example DJ & EE are shaded but Bell isn't.

So if someone could explain what the shading of players means and where I can find tier rankings on beersheets that would be a huge help.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The shading is indeed tiers. The disparity in shading is to indicate where each tier is. So every time it goes from gray to white (or white to gray) that means a new tier has started. Sometimes a player is a tier of their own.

That makes sense. Now the entire sheet is understood and will definitely be used. Thanks for putting the work in on these and if I do win make the money (instead of coming in 4th like usual) I'll definitely donate.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

edit:

Just see below a few posts

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 14, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Words & Jibberish

Reread that and it made no sense.

Basically 12 man keeper league and these players are already off the board:

DJ
Bell (my keeper)
D. Murray
A. Brown
L. McCoy
T. Hilton
T. Kelce
Eze
M. Evans
ODB
Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Freeman

I have 20th pick (since Bell took my 1st round pick) snake draft and have been offered the following trade. 13th pick & 8th round pick for my 3rd and 4th rounders.

Is that worth taking since so much talent is gone already?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Welp there goes my late round sleeper pick...

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Oh I don't care. Just throwing in some news since it's dead for me at work.

Stuff like this is why I like drafting week 3 of the pre-season. There's always injuries and people getting released.

At this point I really think Mathews is irrelevant. I can't see any teams that could use him as a starting RB.

He will be a Denver Bronco or Baltimore Raven by end of the week.

I was just kidding about him being my sleeper pick

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

What are everyone's thoughts on Ted Ginn this year?

I've always stayed away from him because he isn't consistent, but being on the Saints and them needing to replace 110+ targets with Cooks gone, is he worth a 10th-12th round pick if I miss out on Thomas or Snead earlier?

Our league is a measly .1 ppr if that actually changes anything.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

2. Am I the only one down on Ajayi and Howard? I just can't bring myself to draft a potential one year wonder on the league's worst offense that'll face nothing but stacked boxes, aka Gurley last year (Howard). Then Ajayi, dude only had a few big games that inflated his stats. Granted, they were BIG games. And Gase tends to lean on a lead cowbell back. But, I just can't do it in the 1st or 2nd. Although, I know some people are crowning Ayaji to be the steal that Lamar Miller :barf: was supposed to be last year (that I fell for). I'd rather have DeMarco Murray over Ajayi and Howard.

The only thing about say, drafting Freeman and Murray, is that you're gonna have to burn higher picks for Henry and Coleman. BUT, do that and you're RB1 & 2 spots are set with two RB1's.

Every mock draft I've done has one of these as my pick and I hate both decisions. I somewhat feel better about Howard than I do Ajayi though since Howard at least has a really good line. But I'm also the guy who got burned by Gurley last year sooo I pray both are gone by the time I actually pick.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Messing around with a few different online draft analyzers with Mock Drafts.

Which draft would you say went better?

12 Man Standard 6 PATD scoring

Draft 1:
L. Bell
J. Ajayi
D. Baldwin
J. Mixon
M. Bryant
M. Gillislee
W. Snead
D. Martin
J. Graham
M. Mariota
J. Winston
E. Ebron
K. White
R. Anderson
Panthers D/ST
W. Lutz

Draft 2:
L. Bell
J. Howard
D. Bryant
M. Crabtree
B. Powell
M. Mariota
J. Graham
J. Crowder
D. Henry
K. Britt
J. Matthews
P. Rivers
J. White
J. Conner
Panthers D/ST
M. Prater

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah definitely 2

That's what I was leaning as well. Pretty interesting plugging in the same league info into 2 different draft analyzers and seeing such a difference in drafts/recommendations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Willninho posted:

So I feel fine everywhere else but who would you target at the 3/4 turn in a league this year? That early middle just feels full of landlines. 12team league no ppr so like 30-40 adp.

Do what I did in one of my leagues. I traded my 3rd and 4th to another guy for his 1st and 8th. Problem solved and I honestly don't feel like I'll miss much in those rounds I can't find somewhere else.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Mikey Purp posted:

Hey guys, the ISO:FT beer league is looking for 2-4 more players to join us for season 4! The basic premise is that instead of traditional dues, every person pledges a box of a minimum $50 worth of local craft beer. At the end of the season, everyone ships their boxes to the winners. If you've never done beer trading or anything that's shouldn't be a problem, there is plenty of time before you'll actually need to ship and we can show you the ropes.

As far as league settings, it's pretty standard .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or check out the thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830042

Right up my alley. Posted

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I don't know what just happened... Everyone got drunk and screwed up my whole draft board.

Please tell me how screwed I am.

12 Man 6PATD

1) Le'Veon Bell
2) Jay Ayayayayayay
3) Michael Thomas
4) Mark ingram
5) Russel Wilson
6) Allen Robinson
7) Jamison Crowder
8) Jimmy Graham
9) Tevin Coleman
10) Kenny Britt
11) Johnson Stewart
12) Rishard Matthews
13) Tyrod Taylor
14) Robby Anderson
15) Giants DST
16) W. Lutz

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I don't think you're super screwed. I don't like Wilson, but that's just me. WR2 is a little weak, but I think Crowder will step up. Not a fan of Kenny Britt though.

The numbers are kind of screwed up. I had no 3rd and 4th round pick trading my 3rd and 4th for a 1st and 8th.

So Mark was round 5, russel was 6 if that makes it any better

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

12 Man 6PaTD 1 PPR league where I had 2nd Pick.

My browser crashed on 3rd round so I got L. Fournette auto picked but guess it could have been worse.

1) L. Bell
2) A. Cooper
3) L. Fournette (auto-picked)
4) D. Adams
5) M. Gillislee
6) S. Diggs
7) S. Watkins
8) A. Luck
9) C. Meredith
10) Z. Ertz
11) CJ Prosise (auto-picked)
12) Cardinals
13) J. Brown
14) C. Conley
15) T. Taylor
16) Succop

thoughts or suggestions on moves?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At what point would you guys drop John Brown?

I did it this morning because someone dropped Doctson and he has a slightly better chance of seeing the field and producing. (Only slightly though)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Fall luck fall luck fall

There's plenty of qb15s I can plug in waiting for him to get back up to speed

I got him in the 8th and my "starter" until he comes back is Tyrod. I still feel confident since the Bills at least should try in the first few games before they totally tank.

Besides I have nothing better to choose from...

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 22, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Yeah and I refuse to trade with those idiots. I'd much rather have a solid team with a mediocre QB. I'm just going to roll with Wentz until either someone new pops up or I can find a great deal.

This is how I've approached it the last 5 years with decent success.

This year like I said previously took Luck in 8th and Tyrod in 15th (since I might need a week 1, 2, 3,...16 starter).

Except everyone is telling me Tyrod will be garbage which I don't fully believe (yet).

Cutler... Siemian,and Bradford are all on the wire. Any of those a better option since it looks like I'll have to play my QB2?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

gloom posted:

I'd like some advice on my keepers.

The league is 10 teams, 0.5 PPR. Roster is QB, WR, WR, TE, RB, RB, flex, K, DEF, six bench slots. I'm drafting #9 in a snake draft. We get two keepers, price is previous year's draft round minus one, or round 15 for guys acquired off waivers. My lock is Le'Veon Bell, for the price of my first round pick (was lucky enough to get him in round 2 last year because of the suspension). For the other, I'm considering these guys (pick cost in brackets):

Derek Carr (11)
Marcus Mariota (12)
Justin Tucker (13)
Ty Williams (15)
Thomas Rawls (9)
Greg Olsen (3)

I really like Mariota in round 12, and think Carr would be fine in 11 but like him less. Both guys seem better than other QBs to be had in those rounds, but QB looks stacked this year. I also kind of like Tucker, after seeing him go as high as round 9 in a few mock drafts. For reference, I want to spend less time managing my team / streaming this year. Is Williams worth a flier with Keenan Allen / Travis Benjamin back to full? Can Rawls beat out Lacey for carries? Is round 3 too high for Olsen, as good as he is? So many questions.

Mariota or Williams if you have to choose one.

In a 10 man there will be plenty available in those rounds so I'd honestly not take any.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Looten Plunder posted:

My league has a keeper rule that allows you to keep a player for one round earlier than he was drafted the previous year. If you're prepared to carry an injured player on your list all year (we even have an IR slot) you can keep a player even if he never hit the field.

One guy in our league secured Jordy Nelson for a 13th Round Pick two years ago and has basically locked himself into the championship for as long as he can keep him.

Are there any players this year with X term injuries/on the Injured Reserve list that I can target late in the draft for some mega value the following year?

Kenneth Dixon, Ryan Tannehil, Josh Gordon :420:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

I drafted for my main league last night. 12 man league, 0 PPR, 4 pt passing TD, 30 return yards/pt

QB: Wilson (7)
RB: David Johnson (1) Marshawn (3) Doug Martin (6) Terrance West (8) Sproles (11) Chris Carson (15)
WR: Doug Baldwin (2) Tyreek (4) Crabtree (5) Decker (10)
TE: Ertz (9)
K: Tucker (12)
Def: Car (13)

I agonized on Marshawn over Crowell. Tyreek seduced me with the return yards and big play ability. I chose Sproles over Jamaal Williams, that may have been dumb in 0 PPR, even with the return yards.

Lynch over Crowell isn't a good choice.

Who was your mystery 14th round pick? Backup kicker?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

keldegar posted:

Are T.Y. Hilton or Lamar Miller worth a 1st or 2nd round keeper? (ESPN, so keepers are 1st or 2nd round only, yes it sucks).

2nd for Miller. Not sure about TY with his current "luck"

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

There'd be even more of them but everyone who asks me for advice i tell them i only look at espn articles.

Everyone that asks me I highly recommend they purchase ESPN Insider.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Just got sent trade request from a person in my 12 man .5 ppr league

Give - C. Hogan (picked him up 30s after Edeleman's knee exploded)
Receive - K. Stills

Person proposing the trade has/had both Edelman and Ware so that sucks.

Not much either way but wanted to post it here to see if I was missing something since I was leaning towards rejecting it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

That's what I thought. Countered with C. Hogan & CJ Prosise for D. Martin because why the hell not.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Who are your receivers?

A Cooper, D Adams, S. Diggs, S Watkins, R Anderson, C Meredith

Bell, Fournette, Gillislee, & Prosise are RB's

I'm hurting at QB (Luck & Taylor) (for now) and TE though (Ertz)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ertz will be fine at TE. But who is his TE? If he's desperate for Hogan, try Hogan/Prosise/Ertz for Martin/his TE.

His is Rudolph so I'll probably just stick with Ertz and hope I can use hogan or some other WR's for trade bait later.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

FAT BATMAN posted:

Goons please help I need a clever and SFW fantasy team name for my workplace league. Suggestions? :(

I always go with "It Ertz when Eifert" for my clean leagues.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Guy who lost Ware for season just offered me J Nelson for M Ingram and T Coleman. This leaves me with Bell, Ayayayayai, and J Stewart.

Standard league no ppr 12 man. My only decent WR is M Thomas so is this an accept?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

should i drop Pierre Garcon for Chris Hogan?

No

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

My team's draft was today. I think I'm mostly happy with my team.

Snake draft, I was 10th in line. The first pick in the draft was Le'Veon Bell and the second was David Johnson, in fact the first four picks were RBs, and half of us grabbed one as soon as we could. I went RB first round for Devonta Freeman, and when my pick came up in round 2 and Gronk was still there I had to take a chance on him.

I feel like I'm weakest at WR, since I didn't take one until round 4, but there's usually a pretty decent amount of WRs available, unlike TEs and RBs, so I should be okay I hope.

I'd drop yeldon, sims, kaep, and amendola. I'm in 3 12 man snake draft leagues no one has a bench this weak.

Who are the top people on the waiver wire?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'm hoping someone in here could help me out. I'm down here in Houston helping with hurricane rescues and have a FF Draft tonight. Would someone who has access to beersheets and ability to be online mind drafting for me?

If so please PM me and I can provide login info.

Draft is tonight at 7pm cst

edit: back home so I can draft. Thanks everyone for reaching out to help.

:goonlove:

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 29, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

drat I should have let someone draft for me. I was so tired I wasn't even marking people off on beer sheets thinking I had some sleepers since most I drafted against were idiots (10 man league 0 ppr - kickers started going in round 7)...

I butchered this draft up I think...

8th Pick:

1 - J. Jones
2 - M. Evans
3 - D. Cook
4 - K. Hunt
5 - TY Hilton
6 - D. Thomas
7 - A. Jeffery
8 - D. Martin
9 - J. Crowder
10 - L. Blount (right after this pick 13 straight QB's picked so I knew I was going to be reaching and screwed)
11 - C. Palmer
12 - D. Walker
13 - D. Parker
14 - NYG
15 - Some kicker from being forced too.

10 man leagues make it tough for me to judge but any suggestions?

People like this are still available:

RB's:
Duke Johnson
C.J. Prosise
Latavius Murray
Jonathan Williams
Aaron Ripkowski
DeAndre Washington
Matt Forte
James Conner
Jacquizz Rodgers
Rex Burkhead

WR's:
Decker
Coleman
R. Matthews
J. Matthews
J. Brown
T. Lockett
A. Thielen
M. Jones
K. Golladay
Maclin
R Anderson
C Davis

All of these are available should I try to pick up any sleepers or adjust in anyway?

I know 10 man is a crapshoot but my brain isn't working now so I'm turning to you guys for help.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

Not in 0 PPR

Biggest problem I have with that team is Palmer as an every week starter. But AZ has a cupcake schedule to start, so it might work for awhile.

Yah. One guy autodrafted with 1st pick and ended up with Ryan, Taylor, and Mariota (and 3 kickers lol) so might try to send something his way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

6paTD and -1 int

Would you rather have Dak or Big Ben?

• Locked thread