Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

newsworthy:

#Chiefs ST Coordinator Dave Toub says Tyreek Hill will not be on kick ret this season, will stay on punt ret. DAT will be the "next man up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been reading a lot of analysis on how the loss of Maclin affects Tyreek Hill and I have come to the conclusion that Kelce is my #1 TE.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is there anything more hilarious than telling me what someone's upcoming fantasy ceiling is?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like Alex Smith is gonna chuck it a lot more this year because hey it's his last year and Mahomes is creeping up behind him so gently caress it go deep dog.

Not willing to put my money where my mouth is, however. I'm just saying that Tyreek Hill in the Z is going to open the middle up a lot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's going to be so hard watching the Chiefs for 1 or possibly 2 more years hoping that Hill and Kelce don't blow out an ACL before Mahomes is ready.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Your beersheets helped me to come in last in my league.

Then again they also helped me to win two other leagues but I'm gonna need 100% efficiency moving forward.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There's a guy in my league who every year nominates adding kickers and coaches. Every year nobody seconds him but we always let him pitch it just because it's funny to watch. He's convincing nobody.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That "beard" is triggering me hard

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

*Swings in on a vine*

ahem. gently caress Todd Gurley.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chargers gonna Charger

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hate every running back but David Johnson. I don't even trust Bell.

That said I'd pick Dalvin Cook over McCaffery.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How dare you bring Bing Bong into this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

After three years of arguing it I finally got my league to approve the move from .3 PPR to .5 like the norms do.

Strong attempt to shift to auction draft but the drama of our ping pong ball ceremony is too delicious.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

I want to hear more about the ping pong ball ceremony

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who wants Alex Smith for a 1st

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watson over Smith. I'm not even mad, mahomes is coming but still.

I want to be in the league where somebody drafts Watson this year. His 49 velocity is going to cause so many picks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is that Jeremy Hill or Tyreek Hill?

Because I know you won't listen to me but you should definitely keep T Hill.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man I'm sorry to ask this but I've been searching for your request link for specific beer sheets and coming up short.

Please don't think I'm freeloading I love you forever for putting these together even if I haven't been very active in this thread this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

praise

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

maths

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 23, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm an idiot

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey David Johnson is going to get injured this year

because he's my keeper and I'm like The Cooler on keeper running backs going back to Jamal Anderson in '99

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a league with a bunch of bench spots but I prefer my other league where they limit them. It makes the waiver wire more fun and when you have an injury there are actually players worth picking up instead of trying to talk yourself into CJ Spiller.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hopkins is my #3 receiver.

That could be amazing if he turns out to be okay.

Is he going to turn out to be okay?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As safe as a player who missed a season tearing an ACL can be I suppose.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Honestly I expected to find more injury history than I did when I looked it up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Who are some good backup rb's to keep an eye out for in later rounds? I'm not good at picking out the replacement guys.

Kamara
Coleman

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have to share this desperate text from my brother.

quote:

Drafting on the phone quick who are some sleepers

*sent Beersheet list, mention Kamara

quote:

Who else!!!
I'm not looking for boards I'm looking for knowledge! Quick!

"Did you even click the link?"

quote:

Yes on my phone which is hard to see. I don't want list! QUick! What are the 10th round sleepers??

"What you're asking is an impossible question
Click the second link
It's like texting your IT guy and saying "quick I have a meeting that's about to start what's wrong with my computer?? "

quote:

rear end in a top hat! In draft! No time for list I was asking what is your tenth round sleeper was

"how are you not getting that there's no such thing as a 10th round sleeper it's literally depending on who has been picked or not and I don't know that information"

quote:

drafted Kamra

He'll probably win his league, that's just how fantasy goes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

scrubs season six posted:

If you're starting Trevor Siemian don't forget to pick up Osweiler as the handcuff.

Also don't forget to burn your sheets and then hang yourself

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Anyone have any insight on D'Onta Foreman? I liked this kid coming out of college but haven't heard jack. I figure he's probably a better gamble than Danny Amendola who I accidentally bought for a dollar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you own Le'Veon Bell, here's a thought. Consider starting him week 1. We hear at Wet Fart Fantasy News think he may be in line for some decent numbers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Butter Hole posted:

What an exciting game. My Tyreek Hill/Kareem Hunt team is looking like a juggernaut.

I was particularly impressed with Hill. I know Hunt looked amazing, but Hill looked like Antonio Brown out there. He caught everything that came his way and was targeted like a true #1. I see why the Chiefs cut Maclin now.

How are people feeling about Kelce? My team with him is looking not as strong, but I am still optimistic about his season. I think the Pats schemed to take him out of the game, and he still caught 5(?) balls. I think he's still on track for a big year.

Wish I hadn't passed on Gillislee in so many leagues.

I was saying Tyreek Hill is going to be Antonio Brown in training camp last year. I was laughed at a lot. I drafted him last year in the second to last round and made him my keeper this year. More laughter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only thing about Hill and gadget players that they have in common is top end speed. He is also extremely quick, runs excellent routes and way above-average ball skills. He's also tough and not fragile like other guys who happen to be 5'10 (the laziest of assessments) and to top it off he has that it factor that the greats have, rises to the occasion with a flair for the dramatic in crunch time. It's hard to describe that last part without sounding like a TrueFan but it's there.

Hill was used like a gadget player last year because getting him in space is so deadly but he lit up camp as a #1 receiver. Like 80 yard touchdowns every single day.

I threw out all expert analysis of Hill because one would have to be hard pressed to watch as much footage as I have on him. His college also royally hosed up figuring out how to use him, hth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How's it going yall gently caress the Jags I just lost to an auto draft team with the Jags defense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kill me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Yikes. My leagues have higher than average starting scores (12 pts), but we don't gently caress with any crazy bonuses like that.

I made a big stink and said I don't want a recount but we should alter it going forward.

Because like Kareem Hunt broke an all time record for a rookie running back. His performance was legendary. 246 all purpose yards and 3 touchdowns. That kind of game happens once in a year. He had 3 points less than the Jacksonville defense. So basically you have to break records to keep up with a good game by a defense. It’s our #1 most important position and should have been our first round pick with that kind of bullshit scoring.

Basically sacks are worth twice what they should be and other bonuses are too high as well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It makes me smile hearing people dumping their quarterbacks for Alex Smith.

He threw 15 touchdowns last year. I'm very happy about last Thursday.

The most touchdowns he has every thrown in a year is 23.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And yet he threw 33 touchdowns in a year which is 10 more than Alex Smith ever has. I'm just saying.

I'll be so glad to eat my words if Captain Checkdown somehow has a career year and manages to throw over 30 tds.

I think it's way more likely he comes back to earth, gets a concussion week 12 and Pat Mahomes takes over.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

.5 PPR should I go through with either of these trades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good idea about Eli.

• Locked thread