Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/873512812836007936

e:

Matt Zerella posted:

We've been doing this for 8 years. It owns.

I think you might be the one I got that idea from and one of the reasons why I didn't want to play in my old keeper league anymore, aside from wanting to expand to 14 or start fresh as a 10-12 team auction dynasty, was because my friends wouldn't adopt this rule change. We already do WR/WR/RB/RB/W-T/W-R-T so I was just proposing making the TE an 3rd WR or a second W/T

TEs are fuckin stupid, making every team have one in any league bigger than 8 is fuckin dumb

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

see that might be fun tho because then clive walford is in play

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If you want to start a 2 TE league I'm fully prepared to go through the looking glass with you

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

List of receivers who got at least 5 targets in 16 regular season games in 2016:

Mike Evans
Odell Beckham Jr.
Antonio Brown
TY Hilton
Demaryius Thomas

Raise your hand if you had 3 of these guys and lost in the finals anyway

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

we willingly play fantasy football we are all owned

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

He's got 1.14, 2.14, 3.1, 3.14, 4.14, 5.1 and 5.14, not starting with 2.14 don't know where you're getting that from. It'd also not really matter that much if it's a snake or not since he's getting the last pick in those rounds regardless. It's not really all that different waiting those 14 picks from 1.14 to 2.14, than it would be from 1.1 to 2.14 provided he gets someone good in the 1st

e: that's assuming that he meant first overall as in 1.1, not just his first pick

I would probably like that trade better if you had swapped 2nds, and possibly 4ths, instead of taking the 5th, but I don't hate it. I think you could've done better than the last pick in 3 rounds for 1.1

I would've liked to see you get at least 1.14, 2.1, 3.14, and 4.1 for 1.1, 2.14, and 4.14. I'd rather have the higher picks than the extra 5th to be honest

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 26, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It also is going to be hard to judge fully until we see who ends up on the board at 1.14

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Lammey : Latimer :: Harris : Joique loving Bell

Everybody's got their guy I guess.

Ask me about Clive Walford

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Hey y'all wanna hear something good

In best ball drafts, I'm all about drafting a TE in the first 5 rounds

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Ya boy just got offered $150 to put 500 words on cbs digital's scout.com about the fantasy football prospects of the jacksonville jaguars

Gonna go hang out with prisco now

nerd

grats hmu when the podcast deal comes through

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

clive tribe 201X

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Papes posted:

People are way overreacting to an outlier rb season last year. I dunno how many leagues I'll do this year but I'll be going zero rb in all of them.

:yeah:

Zero RB still worked out for me last year anyway because I got Murray and Gore (and Gio was a pretty great RB3 for a while) for a song

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

If he's there at 7 and you don't throw that strategy out immediately, congrats on not making the playoffs.

I am, much to my protestations against, the biggest MY STRATEGY dink in this thread (most of those strategies being staunchly anti-strategy, but still an ethos is an ethos) and I'm on board with this 150%

I'm going Zero RB until I die, but if DJ is available at my first round pick it's a all but a certainty that I'm picking him.

It's just that my next ~6 picks are going to be WRs probably. DJ falling to you after 3 is a zero RB dream because you literally don't have to worry about picking a RB again for like 5 rounds it's literally best case scenario. Having a top 3 pick this year is actually where it gets annoying, because there's very little in the way of truly justifying AB/OBJ/Julio/what have you over the top RBs and then you have to wait like 18-20 picks for your WR1 and WR2 which severely limits your chances of getting top flight WR talent. The Zero RB dream is to have pick 5-6 and somehow by the grace of god DJ or Zeke fall to you, and you laugh all the way to the bank when you somehow get both a legit RB1 and two top-15 ADP WRs

e: If DJ fell to me at 6, maybe I'd even pick a TE since I'll need one less 5-7th round pick for a zero RB target!!!!!

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 8, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DT fuckin owns always draft him he's been a (comparative) ADP bargain for like each of the last 5 seasons

he's also likely the most consistent weekly scoring "big play" WR in fantasy history this side of Randy Moss

e: a year or two ago I got him near the 3/4 turn which should never happen

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Mike Zimmer hates rookies and the Vikings all but handed Murray the keys, so as long as he's healthy, Cook has no shot at being a factor this season. If the foot issue lingers, that could change things, but then again, knowing Zimmer, we'll just see Matt fuckin Asiata come back before we see Cook get significant touches.

Unless Dalvin Cook is some kind of rookie pass blocking wizard, I fully expect anyone who drafts him expecting anything more than a keeper/dynasty stash, is going to spend 2017 cursing the Vikings coaching staff

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Amergin posted:

My tight takes on tight ends

The season TE1-TE12 will be:
1. Gronk
2. Kelce
3. Doyle
4. Eifert
5. Ertz
6. Henry
7. Fleener
8. Graham
9. Rudolph
10. Howard
11. Reed
12. Witten

The fact that you assumed this list was predictable enough that you felt compelled to post it in the first place is by far the hottest take in this thread and I fuckin applaud you for it sir

fake edit: also swap Eifert, Ertz, and Rudolph with Henry, Graham, and Witten and maybe you got sumtin dere

real fake edit: cook steps up early and the Raiders see the appeal of utilizing the TE, then he predictably cooks and

clive tribe 2017

get in

real actual edit:

Spoeank posted:

Final Tight End Ranks

1. Clive Walford
2. Belldozer
3. ASJ
4. Polish Hat
5. Eric Ebron
6. Will Tye

:yeah:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Amergin posted:

AP will average ~50 yrds/gm at ~3.2 YPC and have < 8 TDs, ending up as a fringe RB2.

I honestly believe that if they use him exactly as they've indicated using him (and just let him assume Hightower's role plus a little extra if he shakes off the rust) he'll only be seeing 125-200 carries. That's 8-13 carries per game.

If he's getting 800 yards (50 per game, which I don't think is inconceivable) he's averaging like 4-6.5 YPC. And if he's doing that well, he'll probably get way more inside the 30 work, and 8 TDs could easily be 14 if everyone is expecting Brees to pass and he's a decoy outside of goalline packages

The one thing that I don't do is count out Adrian Peterson, and there were enough factors the last two years that prevent me from calling this a trend. It's the inverse logic train as to why I discounted Charles last year: that we take for granted recovery because guys like Peterson and Charles can still be effective (and really good because Charles was really good both before and after the first surgery as well) but we ignore that Peterson is a freak of nature, and these advanced recovery abilities and time tables aren't proportional to football skill. "Jamaal Charles survived one ACL injury and was dope for a long time, but wear and tear, especially compounded with that injury, will catch up" is a different sentiment than "I think Adrian Peterson was designed by whatever the opposite of whatever the organizers of the Munich Olympics were on about"

If he's getting 50 ypg, I legitimately think that's a 165-175 point season, which would've squarely put him as RB22-24 in ppr last year (his value obviously gets a bump in standard no matter where you rank him). So I really think the take here is that you (and I) think Peterson has fringe RB2 floor which should make him at least a matchup Flex play/backup RB which is still pretty gat dang off the consensus from what I've seen. I also haven't read anything between your post from three pages ago and my post now, but I'm willing to bet the Peterson confidence is not at an all time high

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm just gonna keep responding to things as I read them in real time from 80 posts ago like an rear end but

Tiptoes posted:

Again, Rodgers averaged 2 targets a game when Cook was active last year. Finley only played in six games in 2013 so no surprise the Quarless' numbers from 16 games look similar. And who gives a poo poo about what numbers Andrew Quarless and a rookie Richard Rodgers put up? So I'm not seeing any consistent splits here. They've just had lovely TEs since losing Finley.

Yeah but if you look at those looks you'll see that the Packers suffer from the same fate as the Eagles where everyone conflates Those 1.5 Seasons Of Brent Celek with a philosophy, and chases the usage dragon. Bennett being the most talented TE they've had doesn't necessarily turn "we appreciate how having the option to attack the middle" suddenly turns into "We're going to legitimately try to use the TE"

It's the same reason why I am down on Kelce at his ADP: offense caps usage which trumps talent. Then again, Bennett is talented enough to turn 75-90 Rodgers targets into 65-80 catches and then the only really difference between him and Kelce is ADP and their offense holy poo poo I think I just talked myself around on this one WHERE IS BENNETT GETTING DRAFTED?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Let's not get into the Alex Smith Can't Throw Seam Routes So All Those Extra Targets Are Going To Be Split 65/35 Between RBs And Kelce Inside Of 12 Yards And Under Triple Coverage argument again it's late and I'm out of weed

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Benne posted:

Don't draft any Bears, problem solved.

I say this about Vikings every year and no one listens :(

RVProfootballer posted:

The Too drat High meme, but it's your projections for Martellus Bennett

65-80 catches is like 650-950 yards and 6-9(+ with Rodgers??) scores when comparing Bennett's career numbers, and those Packers TE stats show that their TEs will see ~95 targets, and if they have a legit TE1, he can expect like 85% of that target share. What about Bennett's talent, quarterback, or complementary weapons, make you think he can't turn 75 targets (85% of 90 total TE targets) into 157 points (60 catches for 670 yards and 5 TDs, aka his average the last 5 years with 4 of those getting the ball from Eli and Cutler), which would've made him TE11 last year. Obviously matching Kelce's numbers is hyperbole unless the Packers actually really do use the TE (lol) but at whatever he's going, I'll take a TE10 floor over spending a top-60 pick on a TE 105 out of 100 times especially when Alex Smith is throwing one of them the ball capping his ceiling from locked and loaded TE1 to "just another good TE you will draft too high at the expense of the rest of your team" goddamn I thought we weren't talking about this

e: I'd also rather bank on the equally hypothetical "Rodgers makes Bennett a TE1" than "Kelce overcomes lack of outside threats, and a QB incapable of attacking safeties, into a season any better than the one he just had, which would've made him TE4 in a normal year and he'll also be going in the goddamn 4th round"

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I had Jason Witten last year who was a solid TE11, cost absolutely no draft capital, and looked really fuckin good when I had the DeMarco Murray I drafted with a mid round pick that I could've totally used on a TE who would've obviously also carried me to two separate finals

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kelce is going at ADP 32.5 (3rd) and Walker, Bennett, and Henry are going at 88, 92.5 (8th) & 99 (9th)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiGIQrt1IaE

e: ebron's going in the 11th where my spoeank at

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Just to put my takes where my talk is:

5 over 100 ADP TEs where at least two will be top-12, and one top-10, next year:

156 (13.12) Witten
157 (14.1) Hooper
166 (14.10) Brate
170 (15.2) Polish Hat
178 (15.10) Allen

e: there's also reasonable scenarios that could lead to mostly undrafted Gates/Watson/Davis being solid TE1 options for good stretches of the season

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I always have to remind myself that every year there's like four surprise TEs that were completely undrafted in fantasy that finish in the top twelve. Just pick one of them off the waiver wire and you're gold.

It's not so much that it's deep, just that the good ones realized that the position is actually trash top to bottom and they've adjusted their output accordingly

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

I'm biased against Witten because I feel like he always ends up as TE11 because he'll score the 11th most points every week. Not really a week winner but he is an iron man, which is pretty rare for tight ends.

The thing is though, that the only TE, aside from a full season of Gronk, that is a week winner it's Reed and you're missing like 6 of those weeks minimum so it doesn't make sense (unless you're doing best ball but that totally changes everything)

Like, Kelce is the defacto TE1 if Gronk is hobbled and I'd say there are a good handful of guys around his ADP like Rodgers/Robinson/Allen/Brady/DT who are infinitely more likely to win you any given week

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

And Teemu, Bennett is the worst, you know he's terrible, he's a tight end after all. I rest my case.

fuckin QED

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

I'm not meaning like dominant blow-up performances. I'm just thinking relative to my opponents in a 12 team league. If I'm starting a TE that gets me the 11th most points that week, I'm at a disadvantage against someone who started the TE6 or TE9 that week. I just don't think Witten is enough of an asset in my lineup.

Again, not really, because historically the difference between like TE5-8 and TE9-14 is about 1.5 PPG and not worth the draft capital.

I would say you have a point when it comes to TE1-3/4/5 depending on the year, but a) we already know how I feel about drafting those guys b) There's always one ADP80+ TE that breaks into that club or at least knocks on the door, and since it's already established that 6-14 is effectively the same, I'd rather take a chance and try to hit on that guy, and just make up those <2 ppg elsewhere if I miss and have to start Jason Witten

e: the difference between TE5 (Graham) and TE11 (Witten) last year in full PPR was 2.3 PPG, the difference between Witten and Brate (TE7) was 1.2 PPG

After you get past the Gronk/Kelce/Reed tier, every single TE is pretty much exactly the same relative to ADP and I'm not wasting dart throws at more important positions to hopefully (hopefully is the operative word because TE is so goddamn volatile) lock up an extra maybe 2 points that I could easily find elsewhere if I'm not wasting higher picks on TEs

e2: this is doubly wrong with Witten, because as stated, he's a model of consistency and he's going to get you TE11 pretty much every single week, instead of half the guys in front of him between TE5 and TE10 who will fluctuate any given week between the 3rd and 15th best score

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Watson is basically going undrafted and he's the #1 guy on my TE-diamond-in-the-rough WW watchlist

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

They lost 120 TE targets but thats because Flacco gets a favorite target and obliterates them with targets (Boldin, Mason) I wouldn't look at the TEs specifically to soak up targets. They'll distribute to Maclin and Woodhead, mostly. The whole TE situation there is a M E S S.

Yeah, I would expect like 90 targets max, but Watson could turn that into TE9-14 easily if there are red zone looks, and for that price, I'll take that all day. A lot has to break right, but he's got the best shot of any UDFA TE to be that out of nowhere guy, so I'm definitely watching him. I doubt he'll be rostered before like week 3 or 4 so there's plenty of time to let things shake out

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/886942306510700551

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I might be interested, I'll.look when I get home if no one has stepped up

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Below market value or on some dumb contract because if so, if I take over first thing I'm doing is trading his rear end

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

CLIVE WALFORD?????

i'm in

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So, is there an app for MFL? I'm doing the GFB, and I'm finding their site incredibly ugly and impossible to navigate on mobile. I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN before so this is literally my first time and I have no idea what's going on

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

welp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:thejoke:

It's the fish bowl, that scoring system completely changes everything. TE early there and in best ball is definitely the preferred play imo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sataere posted:

Yeah, I know. I can't resist low hanging fruit. I was hoping goon hatred of TE would let him swing back to me.

Is fish bowl best ball? Or are you saying only in those formats.

The latter. In best ball, the whole *positional scarcity* bugaboo actually holds water, because you're not going to get the opportunity to pick up one of those 4 WW TEs that make drafting one high a waste. Also, it seems more like you're really trying to get the most possible points out of every position individually, rather than building a team that can outscore everyone else on the whole (which makes the whole "less than 3 PPG separate TE5 from TE15" thing moot)

In the Fish Bowl, the TE premium scoring and first downs added just makes the chasm between Gronk/Kelce/Reed/Olsen/maaaybe a healthy Eifert (lol) and the rest of the field so much loving more pronounced that you're killing yourself by waiting.

That said, in best ball, I'm taking like 3 TE. Grabbing one of those 5, someone in the middle-late rounds who I think has a non zero chance of being a top 3 TE (Bennett?) And using my last pick on one of those potential WW gems (Brate/Allen/Polish Hat/etc) because if and when one of those guys I drafted early doesn't live up to his ADP (or in the case of Gronk/Reed/Eifert, gets hurt) I really need stability at the position. I can't invest in the position early at the expense of others and not hedge.

In normal formats, TEs can still go screw

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 25, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

insert Generic TE Take here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I used to score "competition percentage" weighted by attempts by doing something like .1 points per completion and -.125 for an incompletion. If you could nail down a better ratio, something like that could work

e: you're already doing that!

Maybe make them worth more?

e2: right now going 20/35 (58%) is worth a net .125 points. If it were like .25 for a completion and -.4 for a incomplete, it would be worth -1. By contrast an 18/27 game (67%) would be worth .9 instead of .675

If you we willing to bump it to something more extreme like .5/-1, you would likely see elite QBs whocan consistently complete 60+% of their passes to really separate from the pack

e3: 20/35 would become -5 and 18/27 would become 0, so essentially instead of rewarding good QBs, you're making good the baseline and punishing average and below, so the top scores wouldn't change much, but those guys from like QB8 and beyond would take increasingly larger hits

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 28, 2017

• Locked thread