Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

See, I don't like Davis that much more than Fournette, Mccaffery or Cook. I think they are all interchangeable. Hence my willingness to trade back.

Is Davis now the consensus number one over Fournette/Mccaffery? I didn't think that was the case a week ago.

I'm seeing Davis as the #1 everywhere. The logic seems to be more along the lines of "I'll take Davis #1 and have a great player for 6 years or more. If I took one of the RB's they'd likely be hurt and out of the league in 3 years."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That's my same problem. I'm really deep at WR and the only thing keeping me from the championship is a 2nd RB that puts up consistent points.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Check out this chart

dont draft rookie tight ends

Take that for data *slams table*

That is completely undoable for me.

There is one whose last name is Butt. I basically HAVE to draft him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In a 32 man dynasty league. Or deep 16 man dynasty league.

Or 1.01 of a 10 man league because technically he is draftable anytime.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Injury prone and injury prone but no production?

No thanks.

Freeman + whatever WR is available at 2.01 please.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Injury prone but no production is not how I would describe Demaryius Thomas, literally the only WR to go 90/1000 over each of the last five seasons lmao

And DT hasn't missed a game since 2011.

Fantasy productive. What did he have, 3 touchdowns last two years? Doesn't matter either way with the next picks being 12 deeper anyway. At that point it's impossible not to grab a WR at 2.01.

Edit
I just looked at Dr's Roto and if he is available at 37 I say go for it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, our argument is null anyway since the next picks would be 37 not 25. At 37 yaaaaay but at 25 it's a serious headscratcher for me.

I should have verified, but ah well.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Amergin posted:

QBs are Trubisky, Watson, Brissett, Boykin, Kaaya (limit 5). The rest of my team looks like:

12 team 1PPR 1.5TE w/KR+PR yards, QB/2RB/3WR/TE/SFlex/2DB/2DL/2LB
Trubisky, Watson, etc.
Zeke, Abdullah, bunch of dart throws
Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Fuller, Tyler Lockett, Stills, Tyler Boyd, bunch of dart throws
OJ Howard, Bucky Hodges, Jesse James
Byron Jones, Hargreaves III, Eli Apple
Leonard Williams, Shaq Lawson
Darron Lee, Reuben Foster, Jatavis Brown, other IDP dart throws
6* 2018 1sts, 2* 2019 1sts

I wouldn't call it tanking either, but statistically isn't half your team going to be done in the NFL inside 3 years?

Having a bunch of young dudes is good and all, but you have a bunch of guys who have never seen an nfl snap and may wash out inside of 2 seasons.

Add in your future firsts and you are statistically in a world of hurt by the 2020 season.

Probably can trade a bunch of the picks away before next years draft for a half dozen mid-age guys like Randall Cobb or AJ Green or someone to beef up the developing WRs for few years.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bring back Fall Guys.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wasn't he going #2 in a lot of rookie drafts?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

There is. It's called MFL platinum. It is not great.

And if you have an android you need to dowload it via the Amazon store since Google considers FF gambling.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I agree with everyone else. Sterling Shepard might be a decent 3rd option if he has a good 2nd year, otherwise Stills might get my vote.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

However, you've probably identified a legit issue.

How did none of us think of that? We should address it this off-season. Dunno what the fix is, maybe a 'known studs are blind bid upon rather than rookie draft

Or if a players starting salary was 2x or more above the theoretical rookie draft 1st pick of $20 we do something different.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

89 posted:

Draft all of them, you pussies

Most of my team is handcuffs anyway, what are 3 more roster spots?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

I think Carr or Graham are solid keeper choices from a value standpoint. Gun to my head, I probably keep Graham. You can get a QB late, but top five TE in the 8th makes life easier.

Yeah, this is my exact logic. I'd go Graham over Carr for the same reason. Can get a 5th round QB who will be serviceable or better than serviceable.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

89 posted:

Here comes Dalvin Cook into the 3rd and 2nd rounds of ADP.

Fournett just murdered one of the Pats linebackers.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Teeter posted:

I could use some extra keeper opinions.

10 team league, .5 PPR. I am already keeping David Johnson and need one more.

Mike Gillislee, NE RB - 11th Round
Tevin Coleman, Atl RB - 10th Round
Tyrell Williams, SD WR - 14th Round

I'd probably keep Coleman if you only get to keep one more. All of them are worth it in my opinion, but Coleman is a stud.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

Big year for Jared Go- ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Be fair now. The elite Tavon Austin will draw double if not triple coverage leaving Watkins wide open.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

The receivers are a pretty huge question mark. I could easily see Pryor-Doctson-Crowder-Reed be one of the best groups in football, but could just easily see a season where every receiver is pedestrian and Reed isn't playing for a dozen games.

Is Doctson ever going to suit up? He's injured again this preseason, right?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is SleeperBot worth installing this year, or is there a better app for emergency information?

Sleeperbot is good, just wish they would stop sending alerts for FFGUYS site or whatever.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You could make a playoff contending team for like $30 aside of a QB.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You would drop Marshall anyway as one of the 3 you have to drop for K, DEF, LB right?

Edit: And then you would drop Kareem Hunt for a K, DEF, LB too most likely. I don't know who you would drop to keep Hunt on the team I guess.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Now I don't feel so bad about taking Ginn in the 3rd.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah I broke the off the end of my fibula and tore all of the ligaments, completely internally detaching my foot from my leg (skin intact), and I didn't cry. Although I'll admit I was definitely in shock when it happened.

4hr surgery for the same thing. Bone was coming out of the skin till I pushed it back in and straightened my foot out from pointing backwards.

No crying because I am a better specimen of man than OBJ in every conceivable way.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ingram has been a top 10 RB for like 3 years now. He's being drafted so late I dont get it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Rotoviz just pumped out a bunch of good articles in the past 24 hours. If you've been on the fence about them, it's a good day to check out the headlines and see if it's the kind of thing that interests you. It's the only subscription I've ever spent money on for football.

What do they do?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I would reject it without even countering. What a poo poo offer. The guys play the same role but one on a high powered offense and one on a plodding offense with new QB

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How terrible are your running backs that you need Doug Martin for 13 games?

Hogan is probably gonna be your 2nd best WR this year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

89 posted:

I dunno what you're Doug Martining about, but my RBs are

LeSean McCoy
Melvin Gordon
Mark Ingram
Tevin Coleman
Terrance West
Rex Burkhead
Jonathan Williams

I have Brady & Jimmy Graham as well. Mariota on my bench, which was an alcohol move that could have been something like Tyrell Williams instead or Maclin

EDIT: oh, you were talking to the other guy lolz

No, I was talking to you. Hogan is going to be your wr2. Don't trade hogan for Martin who is suspended 3 games so you will only have 10 games of Martin.

You already have 3 good RBs. Don't dump your wr2 for a rb3/rb4.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Hogan is gonna be great for him, but i wouldn't call him his WR2 over Fitzgerald/Hilton. Unless another key offensive piece goes down for NE.

Charity bet? $10 to whatever you want? Half ppr, Hogan beats one of those two by 5pts. Injuries count.

:toxx:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Our league just had a guy go quiet on us when we've got Veteran-only waivers tomorrow and a draft this friday night.

Anyone have any interest in joining another league?

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0004

Dynasty league, $250 salary cap, $100 FAAB waivers for the year (including the waiver period in like 24hrs), and all the rules/scoring can be found here:

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/79286#7

$33ish buy-in

1.First place gets $160

2.Second place gets $80

3.Third place gets $40

4.Winner of the consolation bracket gets $20

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 29, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Robby Anderson because lol Golladay had 2 good catches and they only happened because second string CBs fell down and Anderson might literally be the only WR on the Jets depth chart

Look at this guy forgetting about Whitehead.

Edit: Oh wait Whitehead broke his foot. Where have I been?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

He won't replace Edelman's role single-handedly but his loss makes Cooks an integral part of the offense now. I have one competitive PPR where I have the #3 pick and Cooks will be on my mind at 2.10 or 3.3 depending on how the board looks. I didn't like him as a 2nd/3rd round pick before but they'll be aggressive with Cooks now. And Josh McDaniels definitely has a ton of trick plays drawn up with Cooks in mind.

I just say to take Hogan 2 rounds later and get the same production.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Errr, take Hogan in round 4 or 5?? No thanks, I'm good!

Fine, take him in the 8th and get same production as cooks in the 2nd.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

From what I understand, they don't play the same role.

What does this matter in fantasy football?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can you clone it? Import it all to a new league?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How the gently caress did you get Ol' Dirty Bastard in your league?

Edit: Beckham? OBJ?

Yeah, that's a weird trade. A waiver wire TE in Rodgers, Martin and Baldwin basically for OBJ.

Double edit: and Ellington, top 2 waiver pickups this week. I would probably veto too, cuz 4:1 is weird.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 4, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
^^^ yeah I edited a bit ago

the_american_dream posted:

Jacquizz not Richard lol

And you guys understandably don't have the context of his roster. He lost cook and dj. He's plugging in Martin and Ellington almost immediately

Hey look full names and context matter!

Who would have known?

In light of the new info it might look like it's not collusion or tomfoolery. A 4:1 trade is still really weird and extremely hard to evaluate.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Dealing in absolutes and being completely unwilling to adjust your strategy based on what other teams are doing is a really fast way to lose leagues. I'll be ok without having my sixth receiver for a week.

I'm doing the same thing to get by Lutz's bye week. Dropped Decker for a temporary kicker. Don't want to drop Lutz since he's #2 kicker in the league right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Can't answer on #1 but for the flex pick the player who kneels for the anthem.

E: also find someone to take over who isn't a diaper filling racist

All of this, but play everyone based on if they kneel or not.

Drop anyone who stands for the anthem.

• Locked thread