Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Caleb Bond in bold "kill all men" angle - they can't be trusted, after all ladies

We just not doing a June thread then?

Shhhh you'll rumble our secret plan to return to the glory of the megathread...

there will be no nandos chat under the thread I lead.

EDIT: While I'm at the top of the page I miss hambutt, he was the OP we deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Caleb Bond in bold "kill all men" angle - they can't be trusted, after all ladies

Full matriarchy now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/golf-courses-in-the-crosshairs-as-sydney-councils-seek-space-for-sporting-fields-and-parks-20170531-gwhs1m.html

Predicted this a while back: with land a premium they've realised "wait why does this golf course exist?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
A friend — who would have been about 14 at the time — once showed me a folder on his phone full of naked photos of girls because he wanted to boast. He knew them all. 

Shot in the dark

Caleb was 13.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Lid posted:

A friend — who would have been about 14 at the time — once showed me a folder on his phone full of naked photos of girls because he wanted to boast. He knew them all. 

Shot in the dark

Caleb was 13.

Caleb doesn't have any friends. :happened:

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Lid posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/golf-courses-in-the-crosshairs-as-sydney-councils-seek-space-for-sporting-fields-and-parks-20170531-gwhs1m.html

Predicted this a while back: with land a premium they've realised "wait why does this golf course exist?"

This makes sense because it's publicly owned land however what we'll find is that it'll be the publicly held courses that lease the land from local councils sold off. None of the private courses in the same circumstances will be touched at all.

I also worry that this will be a back door in for developers where the land will be given away for a section of development, the other part retained for public green space until the new residents complain of the noise and the rest is sold into private hands for loving nothing.

Edit: I'm a golfer and am seeing this article pop up on various FB groups I am a part of, the best part are the dickheads who fail to understand that Clover Moore is only the Mayor of Sydney City Council and there is very little she can "ruin" north of the bridge.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 2, 2017

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Caleb should at least reach the age of consent before he starts policing people's privates.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bogan King posted:

Caleb doesn't have any friends. :happened:

This ones uncle worked at nintendo

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

loving hell. I'm working on technology-facilitated abuse legislation now and little sewerdwelling dickknuckles like Bond send in their little loving letters and post their comments all the time.

If you want a laugh, check out one fella who wrote a letter to the NSW inquiry. Not only should girls stop taking nudie photos, those drat brownies should stop doing crimes. What an amazing and progressive country we live in.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Full matriarchy now

drat it lowtax why can't we like posts yet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
drat that Xbox One Race Wars bundle actually looks alright.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 2, 2017

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

drat that Xbox One Race Wars bundle actually looks alright.

Love it.

Nice to see the night cat is still open.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Today STA has ripped up the Sydney Buses driver industry allowance, basically a ~$48 weekly 'bribe' to not engage in industrial action, so expect a few more strikes through the year. Which the IRC will stop again :argh:

http://busexpress.com.au/dog-act-sydney-bus-drivers-punished-constance-opposing-privatisation/ posted:

“These public transport workers have families to feed.”

The classic lines never go out of style.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

Today STA has ripped up the Sydney Buses driver industry allowance, basically a ~$48 weekly 'bribe' to not engage in industrial action, so expect a few more strikes through the year. Which the IRC will stop again :argh:

The classic lines never go out of style.

I kind of like the fares off protest. Everyone gets a bus still and they don't make money. Do it enough and no one will want to buy it because everyone is so used to free fares that they can't charge enough to make it worth owning.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Bogan King posted:

I kind of like the fares off protest. Everyone gets a bus still and they don't make money. Do it enough and no one will want to buy it because everyone is so used to free fares that they can't charge enough to make it worth owning.

What if protests, instead of inconvenience me, gave me a financial windfall?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Jokes on you, I don't catch the bus. Walk or run gets me around.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Solemn Sloth posted:

You would be a cop earning double time and a half for a few hours of standing around on a Sunday.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

WA Today posted:

Perth Muslim students attending a career expo at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre were allegedly forced to leave after onlookers felt threatened by their "attire" because of Manchester's suicide bombing.

Some people complained the school children's hijabs were "making them feel uncomfortable after what happened in Manchester" and asked staff to have them removed from the venue.

Perth Muslim students attending a career expo at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre were allegedly forced to leave after onlookers felt threatened by their "attire" because of Manchester's suicide bombing.

Some people complained the school children's hijabs were "making them feel uncomfortable after what happened in Manchester" and asked staff to have them removed from the venue.

A mother of one of the students, who didn't want to be named, said her 16-year-old daughter was at the Careers Expo at the Convention Centre last week when she and her school friends were told by their teacher they had to pack up their lunch and leave.

"I'm not angry, I'm just sad," the mum of the student told WAtoday.

"I feel particularly sad that my daughter went on an excursion and didn't enjoy it.

"I see this as an opportunity to raise awareness and get a deeper understanding of how young Muslims in Australia feel.

"For starters, how can people think what the students are wearing has anything to do what happens elsewhere?

"If I was there I wouldn't have gone off my head, I would've asked 'what is it about how the girls are dressed that makes them feel uncomfortable'."

The well-know educator said when her daughter and friends were looking at sewing machines a woman holding the stall said "in our country young people ask for help".

"My daughter was born at King Edward, so this person thinking she comes from another country just shows ignorance," she said.

"These are young people who feel on the outside, who were made to feel isolated, yet they should be embraced by our society.

"What does this do to a young person's self-esteem, self-worth and confidence?"

"I'm not interested in making a complaint with the centre or following it up with the staff; it just shows we need more dialogue and more education.

"Like I said, I'm not angry, I'm saddened."

Islamophobia Register Australia President, Mariam Veiszadeh, told WAtoday she was "very disappointed to hear about the incident."

"Time and time again, we come across examples of ignorant prejudice in which every day people conflate the faith of 1.6 plus billion Muslims worldwide with that of the murderous acts of a group who hold themselves out to be Muslims.

"Women often bear the brunt of Islamophobia and a rather alarming number of incidents take place in the presence of children.

"There has been very little research done into the impact of Islamophobia on young people and the inevitable impact it would have on their sense of identify and self-worth."

The prominent lawyer and Daily Life 2016 Woman of the Year said there was "little doubt" that young people, continually exposed to acts of Islamphobia, would lead to feelings of alienation and disenfranchisement.

"In the coming months we will launch a comprehensive, first of its kind report on Islamophobia in Australia which will critically analyse verified incidents of Islamophobia reported to the Islamophobia Register Australia during the period 2014/2015," she said.

A spokesperson for PCEC said the centre did not condone discrimination of any kind.

"All staff are aware of this as a condition of employment," he said.

"After an internal investigation, the centre does not believe any of the PCEC's staff were involved in such an event."

Careers Expo has been contacted for comment.

Trump thinks he's winning but we're miles ahead.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress this country

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

gently caress this country

That already happened.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There you have it. Just need to work 5 jobs (possibly 5 full time jobs) at the same time :toot:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Felicia Coco

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
five (jobs) for you felicia coco you go felicia coco

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

3 internships, 1 retail job, 1 $100,000 a week job "helping" her Dad with his filing.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Verdict: Death by Guillotine

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/870610715366707200

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You know what's a waste of tax-payers money? The ABC! Now, summon Valdimir Putin to appear in Senate Estimates and we won't rock up!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

:discourse:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

New thread is up. Stop using this one you losers

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Last post.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Starshark posted:

Last post.

Incorrect.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005