Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

No what needs to be done is for the tax rate to be lowered so that these companies decide to stop minimising tax out of the goodness of their heart because they need to minimise less of it now.

So, zero tax. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

EDIT: Obligatory "WHY DOES OUR ECONOMY KEEP SHRINKING AND WAGES KEEP STAGNATING? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE."

but we have to shrink the economy to attract businesses to Australia!!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmZLHNFAE

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Slow news day, no one had a fist fight with a shellfish or got their dick stuck somewhere amusing.

'Man clams up after embarrassing battle with pugilist perriwinkle'

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

No it wasn't.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

http://www.afr.com/news/chevron-loses-australias-biggest-tax-case-20170420-gvp8e1

I was going to defend Chevron given how much money I know they've been pouring into the development of infrastructure of Gorgon/Wheatstone/Jansz so they might not have been making any money but yeah holy poo poo gently caress them.

they bought a loving retired cruise liner to use as floating worker accommodation lol

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Anyone else getting mailouts from Fed ALP members asking to sign a "petition" vs the Budget to mail back? Mine is tailored to my electorate but looks like an excuse to get me on their database.

If it comes with a reply paid envelope, print out an image of scrunt and post it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Look on the bright side. Future generations of history scholars will look back on One Nation and laugh heartily as rats devour their soy based cars and slums.

• Locked thread