Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

remember how we were going to become a nation of innovators and STEM and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

turning up to centrelink appointments just to get paid, presumably as opposed to turning up to centrelink appointments due to the cheery atmosphere and enjoyable conversations you have at the centrelink offices

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

iajanus posted:

Again, I love how apparently the solution for new home buyers not being able to afford to buy a home is buying tiny shares in properties they don't get to live in. This is totally helping, guys!

Bonus points for the photo of the lady who owns 20 bricks looking at a kitchen like she's just dropped in from another galaxy and it's a new and amazing thing to her.

we've got to the point that the rentier class are so deranged that they've forgotten that the purpose of a house is to live in

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh my god, it's been staring us in the face this entire time - coalition :coal:

congratulations you are now fully qualified to post in the guardian comments section

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

snoremac posted:

I did not know that. What is the ethical reason they give for that? I mean officially.

cfmeu bikies drugs people smugglers

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wasn't that deal made months ago

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Chadzok posted:

what the gently caress is this frankenstein bullshit. people can withdraw $30K of their super salary sarcifice for a deposit. congrats to the boomers that will get some more of their children's future to fund their retirement.

do those words actually mean anything

I'm not a finance dude but that looks like the results of a markov chain generator to me

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Increase housing affordability by increasing demand, that'll do it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

But there is a glut of apartments.

you can build as many apartments as you want, if investors think that they'll make a profit regardless of how much they cost you'll never manage to fulfil non-investor demand

suppose you give half of potential buyers an extra $1 million to go towards buying a house to make it 'easier' to enter the market. all that happens is sellers raise their prices by $1 million, the potential buyers who received the $1 million are no better off than before, and those who didn't receive the $1 million are even further away from home ownership.

I'm an idiot so tell me if this is a retarded analogy

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

foolish_fool posted:

Drug tests for job seekers seems like a can't lose proposition for the libs, it appeals to the base, is irrelevant to most of the rest of everyone, and provides an opportunity to paint the greens (who were inevitably going to take the bait) as bonkers. The budget is huge and contains lots they should be criticised; any focus spent on the drug thing distracts from the other bits that might actually have an impact on voters.

i agree, opposing bad things that only affect a small number of people is a bad idea, which is why hitler did nothing wr

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 10, 2017

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i was referring to foolish_fool's post, not jacqui; i didn't notice the post before mine

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

totems like Medicare

"totems like Medicare"

totems
Medicare

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

one nation

the only way out is accelerationism

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i legitimately voted 1 Bullet Train for Australia last election because i've developed prodromal schizophrenia

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Just FYI on the schools thing Sarah Hanson-Young is a gigantic idiot and going rogue

maybe i'm being naive but the schools proposals seem reasonable? i am not particularly swayed by the cries of well off catholic schools that they're losing money

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

racing identity posted:

Two things have made me patriotic in my life - the 2006 Australia vs Italy World Cup game and the Australian pokemon

um
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzLc50uVj8

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i don't mean to offend but i hope dutton is murdered

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

christensen has come out against the penalty rates ruling, having realised he's going to get turfed by one nation next election

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if they already have data on who's doing drugs why do they need to do the testing

oh right there no data nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

covfefe is no longer funny,. please edit your post.

• Locked thread