Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Stats show out that poor areas are hit hardest by drug testing drivers. Which is going to get used to prove that poor people use drugs more rather than as evidence that the drug testing of drivers is targeting poor areas and completely ignoring what would get rich areas into the stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
There is nothing funnier in court than 'pro se'

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

ABC posted:

Welfare drug tests: 10pc expected to test positive, those who fail twice will pay for analysis

Almost 10 per cent of welfare recipients are expected to test positive for cannabis, ice or ecstasy in a new drug-testing trial.

Those who return a positive test more than once will also have to pay for some of the cost of the analysis, a Senate estimates hearing has been told.

The Federal Government wants to drug test 5,000 new Centrelink clients and those who test positive will be forced onto an income-management scheme, which controls how a recipient spends their money.

The Department of Social Services' Cath Halbert told the hearing she "was not expecting very large numbers" to fail the illicit substances test.

"Out of 5,000 recipients who will be randomly selected for drug testing, based on available data and Department of Human Services data is that up to 425 recipients are expected to test positive to the initial test," Ms Halbert said.

"Around 120 recipients are estimated to test positive to a subsequent test and be referred for assessment for treatment."

Young people deemed to be at risk of substance abuse will be required to undertake random saliva, urine or hair follicle tests for drugs in three locations from next year. The method of testing is yet to be decided.

The Department of Social Services confirmed recipients who fail a test more than once will pay for the cost of subsequent tests.

"If one or both tests return positive, they will be called back within 25 working days to have a second test to ensure this is actually an ongoing issue and they will be required to pay for that test too," Ms Halbert said.

"The cost of the test will be set at the lowest cost of the types of testing that are being conducted and if they need to pay the cost of that, it will be through withholdings from their payment."

Labor and Greens senators expressed their surprise about the move and wanted to know the cost of the drug tests.

Department officials refused to provide detail, citing negotiations with a private firm that may conduct the tests.

They also told the hearing the drug testing proposal, announced in the budget, had been considered "for well over a year".

So despite no other attempt to do this coming close to that sort of a number this is how they're trying to sell it.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

DancingShade posted:

It's not about the tests or the results.

It's about paying a mate's private company a shitload of taxpayer money to conduct the tests and getting favors in return.

Classic corruption :toot:

Don't forget poor shaming. Even if there wasn't graft they'd still need that to get hard.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

and the ways that drug testing will be used for graft continue to appear [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/couriermail/status/870010232923070464

:munch:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Black and / or Muslim

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Paywalled but you get the gist of it

https://twitter.com/crikey_news/status/870070042435694592

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

None that McDonald gives a poo poo about anyway.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/srpeatling/status/870127891979280384

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

JBP posted:

Has anyone gone into the Roberts crazydome and just cut loose with invective yet?

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover
And my penis was missing again.
This happens all the time.
It's conceptual.

[Background singing begins: "conceptual penis" over and over]

This comes in handy a lot of the time.
I can leave it home, when I think it's gonna get me in trouble,
Or I can rent it out, when I don't need it.
But now and then I go to a party, get drunk,

And the next morning I can't for the life of me
Remember what I did with it.
First I looked around my apartment, and I couldn't find it.
So I called up the place where the party was,
They hadn't seen it either.
I asked them to check the medicine cabinet
'Cause for some reason I leave it there sometimes
But not this time.

So I told them if it pops up to let me know.
I called a few people who were at the party,
But they were no help either.
I was starting to get desperate.

I really don't like being without my penis for too long.
It makes me feel like less of a man,
And I really hate having to sit down every time I take a leak.
After a few hours of searching the house,

And calling everyone I could think of,
I was starting to get very depressed,
So I went to the Kiev, and ate breakfast.
Then, as I walked down Second Avenue towards St. Mark's Place,

Where all those people sell used books and other junk on the street,
I saw my penis lying on a blanket
Next to a broken toaster oven.
Some guy was selling it.

I had to buy it off him.
He wanted twenty-two bucks, but I talked him down to seventeen.
I took it home, washed it off,
And put it back on. I was happy again. Complete.

People sometimes tell me I should get it permanently attached,
But I don't know.
Even though sometimes it's a pain in the rear end,
I like having a conceptual penis.

[Background voices continue to sing "conceptual penis"]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/srpeatling/status/870153254901907456

If we kill all men then we end terrorism. Seems like a net gain for humanity.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Chief Scientist Alan Finkel discussing science with Mr77

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

States aren't even invited to senate education committee to talk about funding

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

What could have happened in 2013 that caused business investment to tank? :thunk:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Game of Mates - How Australia's rich get money off political connection and not innovation [SMH].

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kate_McClymont/status/870478176945819648

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Someone at centrelink doubled the value of my house, and now I need to actually prove it's worth half of that. :toot:

Just throw a goon party. Pretty sure we could halve the value of it overnight.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

It's not victim blaming to blame the victim. Got it.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Lid posted:

A friend — who would have been about 14 at the time — once showed me a folder on his phone full of naked photos of girls because he wanted to boast. He knew them all. 

Shot in the dark

Caleb was 13.

Caleb doesn't have any friends. :happened:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

Today STA has ripped up the Sydney Buses driver industry allowance, basically a ~$48 weekly 'bribe' to not engage in industrial action, so expect a few more strikes through the year. Which the IRC will stop again :argh:

The classic lines never go out of style.

I kind of like the fares off protest. Everyone gets a bus still and they don't make money. Do it enough and no one will want to buy it because everyone is so used to free fares that they can't charge enough to make it worth owning.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

What if protests, instead of inconvenience me, gave me a financial windfall?

Jokes on you, I don't catch the bus. Walk or run gets me around.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

WA Today posted:

Perth Muslim students attending a career expo at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre were allegedly forced to leave after onlookers felt threatened by their "attire" because of Manchester's suicide bombing.

Some people complained the school children's hijabs were "making them feel uncomfortable after what happened in Manchester" and asked staff to have them removed from the venue.

Perth Muslim students attending a career expo at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre were allegedly forced to leave after onlookers felt threatened by their "attire" because of Manchester's suicide bombing.

Some people complained the school children's hijabs were "making them feel uncomfortable after what happened in Manchester" and asked staff to have them removed from the venue.

A mother of one of the students, who didn't want to be named, said her 16-year-old daughter was at the Careers Expo at the Convention Centre last week when she and her school friends were told by their teacher they had to pack up their lunch and leave.

"I'm not angry, I'm just sad," the mum of the student told WAtoday.

"I feel particularly sad that my daughter went on an excursion and didn't enjoy it.

"I see this as an opportunity to raise awareness and get a deeper understanding of how young Muslims in Australia feel.

"For starters, how can people think what the students are wearing has anything to do what happens elsewhere?

"If I was there I wouldn't have gone off my head, I would've asked 'what is it about how the girls are dressed that makes them feel uncomfortable'."

The well-know educator said when her daughter and friends were looking at sewing machines a woman holding the stall said "in our country young people ask for help".

"My daughter was born at King Edward, so this person thinking she comes from another country just shows ignorance," she said.

"These are young people who feel on the outside, who were made to feel isolated, yet they should be embraced by our society.

"What does this do to a young person's self-esteem, self-worth and confidence?"

"I'm not interested in making a complaint with the centre or following it up with the staff; it just shows we need more dialogue and more education.

"Like I said, I'm not angry, I'm saddened."

Islamophobia Register Australia President, Mariam Veiszadeh, told WAtoday she was "very disappointed to hear about the incident."

"Time and time again, we come across examples of ignorant prejudice in which every day people conflate the faith of 1.6 plus billion Muslims worldwide with that of the murderous acts of a group who hold themselves out to be Muslims.

"Women often bear the brunt of Islamophobia and a rather alarming number of incidents take place in the presence of children.

"There has been very little research done into the impact of Islamophobia on young people and the inevitable impact it would have on their sense of identify and self-worth."

The prominent lawyer and Daily Life 2016 Woman of the Year said there was "little doubt" that young people, continually exposed to acts of Islamphobia, would lead to feelings of alienation and disenfranchisement.

"In the coming months we will launch a comprehensive, first of its kind report on Islamophobia in Australia which will critically analyse verified incidents of Islamophobia reported to the Islamophobia Register Australia during the period 2014/2015," she said.

A spokesperson for PCEC said the centre did not condone discrimination of any kind.

"All staff are aware of this as a condition of employment," he said.

"After an internal investigation, the centre does not believe any of the PCEC's staff were involved in such an event."

Careers Expo has been contacted for comment.

Trump thinks he's winning but we're miles ahead.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

New thread is up. Stop using this one you losers

• Locked thread