Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Happy May Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

:ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Top OP, looking forward to losing my job when the Uni cuts come through

Same here, gotta love the idiotic view the government has "Well Universities have been making profits". Yeah well they have, to cover shortfalls in funding that Howard, Gillard and now Turnbull are bringing in.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Please explain this to me.

As in, is this meaningful or just like "look at Simon in university" or whatever?

Simon Birmingham is the Federal Minister for Education who is pretty well back tracking on his student union values.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

This is pretty interesting. Imagine being the monopoly airport and not wanting to control what will amount to the competition. Something messed up going on here.

https://twitter.com/abcsydney/status/859177337274814464

lol that's what happens when you sell off our International Airports on 99 year leases.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Surely the ALP doesnt support this

Gillard was more than happy to rip money out of higher education to pay for Gonski.

After Rudd did his best to clean up the mess that Howard and Costello did to the sector.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

Devine is talking up Abbott for governor general in the toiletgraph today.

Worked for Hawke and Bill Hayden

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

St. Wankers for Gifted Children.
That would be an awesome name for a private school

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I love it when organisations like the BCA don't understand social media. The replies are always great.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Eh nothing will happen, the Liberals will get their mates in the Murdoch media to paint Barrie as a fringe crazy leftie and Dutton will continue on traumatising and harming people in detention camps

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

While not exactly political, but the AOC members have continued with their own self interest and voted John Coates back as the President of the Committee.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DancingShade posted:

President Murdoch in all but name.

He's been running Australia and the UK, so he might as well as the US to that list.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I can't wait for the headline in the near future "Are Australians who don't read this shitrag newspaper UnAustralian?"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BBJoey posted:

wasn't that deal made months ago

It was

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Firms like TPG are the worse, asset strippers

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Federal election hangs on QLD. The ALP needs a minor swing there to win government. I think a swing of 2 percent causes a gently caress load of blue seat to tumble down. Next election will have a crazy amount of pandering for Queensland.

What a Queenslander thinks.txt

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why does Latham hate Sam Dastyari?

Probably due to his skin colour and maybe in a different faction in the Labor Party to what Latham used to be in

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

The Australian Federal Police has decided not to investigate Human Services Minister Alan Tudge over the controversial disclosure of a welfare recipient's personal information to a journalist.

Seriously, does the AFP ever do any work? Nearly every time there's a request for them to investigate a pollie they quickly look the other way and do a Officer Barbrady "Nothing to see here"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

The only thing wrong with the ad is that they didn't think about the ensuing media beat up.

I love how the ABC thought it was a good way to start leadership spill theories in Labor since Albanese spoke up against the ad.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I've got enough for a deposit on a place, but gently caress buying a house at the moment, especially since I would like to buy near where I currently rent.

What the government is proposing isn't making me change my mind.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How incompatible are railway gauges in Australia?

Very.

However most of the lines connecting each state are on a standard gauge these days. However most metropolitan railway lines use different gauges in each state.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Spiteful little dog fucker

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I can't wait for the campaign against the Coalition that is similar to what the mining companies and the poker machine venues did against Labor.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Predicted wage growth in the budget: (lol)

Kinda reminds me of a graph done back around 2012 that showed Windows Mobile phone market share bouncing back, to the point that they would be outselling Android and iPhones this year

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

14 for 25 against removing abortion from NSW crimes act.

While that's good, it is also sad that the people for removing it was in double figures.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

This means 25 people voted to keep it illegal.

Oh well then the case is:

CrazyTolradi posted:

New South Wales, the heart of darkness in Australian politics.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol Turnbull is wanting to send troops back to Afghanistan

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Voting for the greens is a pretty big dumb waste of time and energy. Hope this clarifies the mistakes the young people itt have made politically

What happens if my union tells me to vote Greens? Huh?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sad story about people being kicked out of a caravan park near where I live because DEVELOPERS

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ng-homelessness

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

See, the electorate is confused since ScoMo brought down a Labor Budget - every Murdoch shitrag

Domain is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for "See? Housing is still affordable" stories.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kafka Syrup posted:

Good point. Privitise the Police. Nationalise everything else.

Privatise the army, imagine how much money we'd save if we sold the lot to some mercenary group!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:it's happening.gif:

I guess the Hun is going to go hog wild digging up poo poo on the people who are "attacking" Pell.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brilliant, just brilliant.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

V for Vegas posted:

And the other shoe drops - Michael Cranston was involved.

Federal ICAC FFS

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder if the writing team for that excellent 1990s ABC series "Phoenix" could come up with "docodrama" for this. Or the Blue Murder writers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gold Standard for shitness I guess.

Nice work at not sniping Tones. Still bitter as gently caress aren't we?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-24/victorian-surf-coast-shire-votes-to-remove-rainbow-flag/8555686

Stupid seaside council pulling down the LGBTI flag. Good work you snob flogs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Now I have the vision of the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketch playing in my head.

"Confess. CONFESS!"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

I have never seen that giraffe. Was this poo poo n Queensland?

Dude, the second photo in that article has the Queensland Government seal on the caravan

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

G-Spot Run posted:

I don't remember it either but it's probably because I'm old.

I remember Charlie the Fresh Fruit Bear coming to my primary school; only because when I was cleaning out my dad's house I found a sticker from the presentation

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving hell Mayne you should know better than that.

Then again, ex-Liberal staffer, so maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DancingShade posted:

Look on the bright side. Future generations of history scholars will look back on One Nation and laugh heartily as they kill another gang of outlaws for their petrol while eating possum meat.

• Locked thread