Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

Fairfax believes in COALITION MAGIC

Oh my god, it's been staring us in the face this entire time - coalition :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Has anyone asked him about it in Parliament? Because they really should if they want to gently caress him over.

And if he starts up with "secret information" they should just turn to Turnbull and ask him.

Get both fuckers lying to parliament. Even in the (most likely) event that you can't get them censured, you can still turn it into an attack ad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
High level schools are purely for getting into the old boy's club.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

JBP posted:

Real talk: drug testing welfare recipients is off the loving hook and must be a violation of something.

I encourage every Australian to eat poppy seed buns.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I now await the puff piece by Bolt, "My dear friend the sadistic paedophile and the wowsers who want to bring him low."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bogan King posted:

Not linking as it's Devine posted:

Our politically correct, feminised public school system

drat, this is textbook internalised misogyny.

Milky Moor posted:

in two pages. the most posts you've made on any one topic.

lid, please stop hating women who are poor and do things you don't agree with

Really? Because that looks to me like someone laughing at a loving idiot who got caught trying to smuggle drugs and gave an hilariously bad excuse.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 14, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

DancingShade posted:

Look if you're going to walk into the Auspol thread off your face then you really ought to bring enough drugs for everybody.

I think we can all agree on that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CrazyTolradi posted:

Dude, don't joke about Mafia, that poo poo is serious, ok? Mafia deaths are not to be taken lightly, instead you should mourn each and everyone one of them.

You nerds still playing Mafia?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

V for Vegas posted:

Late 2003 and early 2004 he was really good. He had charged the party after the disaster of Crean and was setting the agenda, making Howard look beatable for the first time since 98. But by late 04 and the election the wheels started to come off.

Crean? There's a loving name from the past.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Yes. Plus footage of some antivirus vendor office with company logos splashed all over the place.

Wow, antivirus companies are still a thing in this CE 2017?

:wow:

Windows Defender and Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool are free and will protect you from pretty much everything out there as long as you aren't using out of date software.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
From the Trump thread.

I thought it was bad when I saw some US citizens think North Korea is in the Northern Territory, then I noticed the ones who thought it was in the open ocean.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I've harped on this before, but literally every single person who has ever said they're a "self made man" has had huge handouts and help to get them where they are.

And the ones who did manage to succeed on their own are always the ones who are first to thank others.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Holy poo poo. Badass.

I've spent the last 100+ days glued to the Trump horrorshow thread because, wow, history in the making. But at last Australia puts up a contender for my interest.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
In these dark times, let us remember Roger Ailes not how he died, but how he lived.

FizFashizzle posted:

quote:

So we get in the car and that’s when he said, “You know if you want to play with the big boys, you have to lay with the big boys.” I was so taken aback. I said, “Gosh, I didn’t know that. How would that work?” I was trying to kill time because I didn’t know if he was going to attack me. I was just talking until I could get out of the car. He said, “That’s the way it works,” and he started naming other women he’d had. He said that’s how all these men in media and politics work — everyone’s got their friend. I said, “Would I have to be friends with anybody else?” And he said, “Well, you might have to give a blow job every once in a while.” I told him I was going to have to think about this. He said, “No, if you don’t do it now, you know that means you won’t.”

quote:

The next morning I show up to get my assignment and was told the guy I was supposed to be meeting with was unavailable. Back in New Jersey, I got a call from Roger Ailes. He said, “How’d your meeting go?” I said, “Actually, he wasn’t available and I’m hoping to hear back from him.” He said, “Ah, well, I’m sure you will. Have you changed your mind yet?” I said, “I’ll have to pass, Roger. I’m married and really committed to my husband. No offense.” He said, “Well, we’ll be in touch.” And that was that. A couple weeks later, I called a friend who was very high up in the RNC and I asked him what happened. He said, “Word went out you weren’t to be hired.”

quote:

This was either ’68 or ’67. At the time he was producing The Mike Douglas Show, and I had a call from my modeling agency about the show. I got a call directly from Roger asking me to come down and to make sure I wore a garter belt and stockings. This was right after pantyhose came into use, and I said, “Why would you want me to do that instead of pantyhose?” He said, “If your legs look good in a garter belt, I’ll know you have great legs.” So I go into his office and right away he says, “Sit on the sofa and lift your skirt up.” I had to do these different poses. And then, I recall very clearly, he said he’d put me on the show but I needed to go to bed with him. I was a really shy girl, but I was a little cheeky, so I said, “Oh yeah, you and who else?” And he said, “Only me and a few of my select friends.” I said, “Well, if you think I have star quality and you can make money off my looks, I don’t think it’d matter if I went to bed with you or not.” And he said, “Oh, pretty girls like you are a dime a dozen.” The interview ended quickly. I was called in to do the show and I remember passing Roger in the hallway. He pretended not to know who I was.

quote:

I was 16 years old, living in Radnor, Pennsylvania. I was sent over for a walk-on part on The Mike Douglas Show in the winter of 1967. It was 6:30 in the evening and the place was totally closing up. Ailes took me into this big office and locked the door with a key. He reclined on a couch in a seating area under a map that had flags of all the cities they were syndicated in. He proceeded to pull down his pants and very gingerly pull out his genitals and said, “Kiss them.” And they were red, like raw hamburger. He was pretty meticulously dressed, with long white shirttails coming out. It was like he was just at the end of a long day and I was supposed to know what to do. I was a kid — I’d never seen a man’s privates before. I jumped up, but the door was locked and nobody was out there. He chased me around the office, and at some point it dawned on him that this just wasn’t going to happen. He finally pulled up his trousers. He was very angry and rushed over to his desk, pulled open a door, and had a reel-to-reel tape recorder going. He said to me, “Don’t tell anybody about this. I’ve got it all on tape.” I think he knew I was 16.

quote:

It was 1975. I had a degree in mass communications. A college friend said, “Come to New York.” I got an interview with Roger Ailes. I remember I met him not at some big TV office — it was at his apartment on Central Park South. I don’t remember his exact words, but his message was: If you want to make it in New York City in the TV business, you’re going to have to gently caress me, and you’re going to do that with anyone I tell you to. I was afraid he was going to pin me down. He was a big guy and I’m not big at all. He could have overpowered me. I remember running out of that apartment like my hair was on fire and standing on the sidewalk crying, thinking, What’s that guy think I was, a prostitute? In one second, my dreams were shot. He’s going to blackball me everywhere, I’ll never get another interview, I’m not good enough — all that stuff a 20-something girl thinks. It wasn’t, That guy’s a son of a bitch and I should have kicked him in the balls.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/six-more-women-allege-ailes-sexual-harassment.html

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Don't be prole-ier than thou.

EDITED TO IMPROVE PUN

And now I shall steal it and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

starkebn posted:

We just killed a few hundred more civilians in Syria as well.

Remember: They hate us for our freedoms!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bogan King posted:

It's nice to know that useless raids are still going on. I remember getting turfed out of a clubs in the Cross back in the day :corsair:

quote:

Club-goers also reported being strip-searched on public transport that night...

People need to start suing the police when they try this poo poo.

There is only one occasion when publicly forcing someone to strip is legal - when they are an immediate threat to others and you have very good reason to believe they have weapons secreted about their person.

If police think someone has drugs they can compel them to go to the nearest police station with them under certain circumstances. But that's it. No one is ever obliged to make a cop's day easier by publicly humiliating themselves by stripping for a power hungry little Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Tell them you're Muslim.

• Locked thread