Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Spudd posted:

So what exactly are the maximum rules for Centrelink? Just so I'm clear on how much of a dredge to humanity I am.

getting a job and stopping payments, ya bum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Spudd posted:

So it should be instead

Be on welfare in any way at all: bad

Although welfare for the rich: good

?

The article is complaining that people are getting payments for meeting mutual obligation requirements. There isn't much room for interpretation.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Basically it means that they take a sewage sample at someplace like Mt Druitt, say 'yep, there's a lot of meth in this sample', and test everyone in the region. It is the simplest means to justify targeting areas with known drug problems. If you don't live in those areas, you'll probably never be tested.

I can't imagine that concentrating spending restricted recipients in specific regions will have a very positive impact on the community and local economy. I imagine that after the first program review, they will point to the increased arrests and incarceration as having made an impact. The bad people will be in jail which means the program is good and is working, and fewer people claiming payments which is obviously good. While any other measure (jobs, well being...) will show that it isn't doing poo poo, or making things worse.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

Name: Avocado hand.

Prevalence: Widespread and increasing in middle-class kitchens

Symptoms: Blood everywhere. Shouting: “Ow! My hand!” Chronic embarrassment.

If you use a kitchen knife or have to apply any pressure, you are doing it wrong. I imagine the author cut their hand, and that only a select number of idiot well off people (who never cook) ever cut their hand.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Paingod556 posted:

Huh, wasn't expecting Theme Hospital 2 to be announced here. Or at all. What treatment room would cure this one?

A robotic device resembling a sewing machine that sews stitches along your hand, and a big spool of bandage that spins around the hand.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

open24hours posted:

They already know who they're going to test. The waste water testing is just a way to dress it up as 'evidenced based policy'.

I wouldn't be shocked if they skip individual testing, and just say everyone in a region is on the welfare card because of the sewage test.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*updates goons.xls*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

JBP posted:

Is this satire?

Caleb was struggling to explain to his mum why he was looking at her photos all day. Running her facebook fan club is a good outlet for him.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Looks potentially better than a Four'N Twenty

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I bought two avocados to make guacamole. Where does that place me on the entitled millennial scale?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yes, but if they attack the LNP on refugees, they will upset the Howard battlers and swing voters. *beep boop* the best decision is to implicitly endorse it so you'll keep the support from the base and get the xenophobe/bigot vote. Nothing bad will come from this.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

bowmore posted:

in other news, is Trump getting impeached or what?

No, lol. Come on now. He is the president, who is going to stop him?

http://i.imgur.com/rMJRIV6.gifv

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

$33,000 per refugee, per year? They must be getting some insanely good welfare benefits!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:thunk:

• Locked thread