Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cda posted:

There's only one problem: sonic is faster.

this contest is a fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
mario's sprite is half the size of sonic's and he's pretty zippy when you hold the b button. correcting for visual scale there's a good chance that he's measurably faster but i have neither the skills nor the inclination to perform that kind of analysis sorry :(

They Might Be

FluffieDuckie posted:

(+1 for making me google slobberberry)

dang i got beat by e-cig liquid. gross.

joke_explainer

sonic is faster? yeah ok let's see sonic beat super mario world in <10 minutes. goddamn.

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Good afternoon BYOB! I apologize for the delay in my response, but I was paralyzed by indecision with all of these fantastic answers. I've recovered now, so let's get to it!

Vanisher: A great start! This is an educational and in-depth answer, but not only does it make me long for a juicy, well-grilled steak, it also left me with more questions than we started with. Can one really call an answer an answer if it is still a question? On the other hand, now I'm probably going to have steak tonight, and I appreciate that. 9.5/10

Munchables: You raise interesting points, and despite being a lifelong Playstation fan I even found myself nodding along once or twice. Mario's incredible metabolism is something I never would have considered, in a question of speed, and I would expect no less of someone called Munchables. 9/10

hockey jockey: It seems like a better name for you might be frog jockey! Or, I guess one doesn't usually ride one's racing frogs, unless perhaps it is a very large frog or a very small jockey. I have a kingfisher friend that I'm going to forward this answer to. He always loves new frog-catching tips... I'm pretty sure he doesn't use them for racing, though. An extra half point for an answer teeming with practical knowledge. 10/10

Eugene V. Dabs: Jeez. This answer seems subpar, but I also don't want to join your life's unkindnesses. I'll average out those two impulses and award you 7/10.

HotSoapyBeard: In the year 2084, when empty belly buttons are forbidden, Big Belly affords us no personal freedoms or privacies, and we live in fear of Room 102 (even worse than the first one I'm told), you stand as a beacon of rebellion and justice. Also, I'm intrigued by this marble thing. 10/10

N. Senada: Hm. An interesting response, and I do very much love bread, but whether or not a burrito wrap should be toasted was never in contention (obviously, it should). It's also evident from the provided photo that the wrap has, in fact, already been toasted. I'm glad you made this pro-bread public service reminder, but now that I have obtained my (toasted) burrito, my confusion is over how best to stuff it into my face. 8/10

Manifisto: :psyduck: Wow! You must be some form of litigator outside of these forums, you've talked me round and round in circles and I'm dreadfully confused. I did see the word "parrots," though, and so I assume that's your answer to what you wish you had, how often, and why, and I think that's great. 10/10

Fanky Malloons: Ambitious ideas and I do value being chill! However, I hope that it's not un-chill of me to hesitate over your proposed primary solution of live bees as currency -- and I do assume you mean live bees, as dead bees would not do much to help their declining state -- particularly because I do not want to be stung while obtaining my steak tonight. 8/10

alnilam: Another very educational answer with great depth and breadth. And, a kickass rhyme with some mad flow. 10/10

lmbo calrissian: A fascinating look at genie lore, but you didn't pick "wings." I'm inclined to subtract points for that, but I also appreciate that you didn't go for the obvious answer. 9/10

They Might Be: Oh, I've seen these before! I was very curious as to how they tasted, but this was just after a rain and the odor of wet updog was slightly off-putting. I'm glad to have read this answer, as now I know that if I am to encounter another patch of slobberberries, I should not put them in my mouth. 10/10

posting smiling: An impressively lengthy answer with a compelling backing track. However, I had some trouble making out the actual words, and was intimidated by the scary robot voice. 8.5/10

I have to say, this was a fantastic round all-around. Even you, Eugene, for that expert psychological manipulation. Thank you all!

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

cda

by Hand Knit
The SECRET JUDGE speaks!

Vanisher
Strong joke about North Korean bug and seed diet. Your post was very educational, now that I know we're just smoking North Korea - well, I'm excited. I can't wait to take a bite, I bet it's going to be delicious.
9/10

Munchables
You're exposing some hard truths about Sonic here. I've always wondered how comes Tails could so easily keep up. Nice to see someone appreciating the raw talent and sportsmanship in Platforming.
8.5/10

Hockey Jockey
Do you know where I can find a book about how to hop on lillies? I want to try your advice but I'm stuck on that part, after dressing up like a girl frog. I like your answer but I feel really bad for the frogs!!
8.5/10

Eugene V. Dabs
I am sorry that you are having a rough time and I don't mean anything about you as a person, but as a Mx. BYOB when you are having a rough time is a good time to turn your dark talents toward epic BYOB threads. If you view any of the ancestral goodposters truthfully you will see that all of them are old, old men, and fat, flabby, disgusting, people whoare never loved and will never have friends, because that's funny, it's a committment-to-the-act thing.
4/10

Hot Soapy Beard
Look this isn't about the quality of your post but this is the Mx. BYOB posting pageant, the truest Mx. BYOB would understand that the rotation of the image would overlap the text, and make it hard for judges to read. I call it the BYOB intuition.
However your call to rebellion has inspired me, and I took the pickle rhind out of my belly button.
8/10

N. Senada
You inspired me and I made my own tortillas today, so this is what it feels like to be multicultural. Very inspirational, thank you!
9/10

Manifisto
This kind of flattery will get you everywhere except into first place, sucka. Mr. T with crossed arms looking mad.

Fanky Malloons
I've been checking my mailbox every day and still haven't received the bees you promised me for a 10, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a 8/10

Alnilam
9/10 for the song, which taught me more about global trade than my economics class.

lmbo calrissian
This is really funny and I don't have anything to contribute to the joke, this is the one I would emptyquote the most. It's a funny joke that's unexpected, but explored well enough go well beyond zanyisms and encourages the reader to think about a familiar subject in a way that they probably haven't before (having a genie vapor trail).
10/10

They Might Be
I'm allergic to slobberberries but the picture is cute.
8.5/10

posting smiling
At first I almost turned it off right away because of the 30 minute length but I decided to skip forward and see what the rest was like and I'm glad I did. I didn't expect this to be a full concept album about the Mx. BYOB Posting Pageant and that's very cool. However I think it's a little too monotone for the length.
9.5/10

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
And the scores for the QUESTION PORTION are:

1. posting smiling -- 9.5
2. alnilam -- 9.45
2. Manifisto -- 9.45
3. hockey jockey -- 9.35
4. vanisher -- 9.275
5. lmbo calrissian -- 9.15
6. They Might Be -- 9.075
7. HotSoapyBeard -- 8.875
8. munchables -- 8.775
9. N. Senada -- 8.75
10. fanky malloons --8.625
11. eugene v dabs -- 5.5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ non-participation zone! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King of the Beach
pig slut lisa
Mr Willsauce
City of Glompton
farg
Hogge Wild
Android Blues

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
And now....the moment you've all been waiting for...

:toot: When we declare the WINNER OF THE MX. BYOB POSTING PAGEANT! :toot:

But before we get to the results, let's have a hand for our fabulous judges who gave their time to this glorious endeavor.

Literally a Bird!!!! who did her judging even while doing the most difficult thing a human being can do: moving houses.

Fluffieduckie!!!! who did her judging even while doing a more difficult thing than that: putting up with me.

THE SECRET JUDGE who did their judging while fighting cyberjackers in NeoTokyo with nothing but a gunblade and a Spirit Vape. Not as difficult as the other two, but still pretty difficult!

Without further ado, I would like to announce that the :toot: WINNER OF THE MX. BYOB POSTING PAGEANT! :toot: is...

wait...but first, let's take a moment to reflect on the grace, beauty, poise, talent, wit, and sheer courage of all of our participants. It takes guts to put yourself out there and let three nice people and one weirdo judge you at all. I can't speak for the other judges, especially not the weird one, but I have gained a lot of respect for everyone that saw this strange thing through to its completion. It was hard not to give everyone a ten! Just know, you're all tens in my heart. For real though, thanks for doing this.

AND NOW

THE WINNER

OF MX BYOB

AND RECIPIENT

OF THIS BEAUTIFUL, ONE-OF-A-KIND GANG TAG

IS

ALNILAM!!!

Take a bow, buddy.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
BUT WAIT, we're not quite done! There will also be a winner for the special AUDIENCE PRIZE. This prize will be awarded to the contestant, other than alnilam, who is voted by the audience to be the the most BYOB participant in the pageant. There will be a separate thread for this in just a moment.

----------------

Impkins Patootie

I'm holding out for Mx. Congeniality...

Congratulations to the winner! And thank you to our host and the fabulous judges.

vanisher

Awe shucks congrats Mx Al

It was just such an honor to participate and be surrounded by such talented folks, ill cherish these memories.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Good job Al, congrats! Thanks judges and thanks cda for putting this on, it was real fun :)

City of Glompton

congrats to my good friend alnilam who is truly a worthy mx. byob

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

congratulations Al, the mxiest of mxs! it was a lot of fun, people put a lot of creativity into their responses and it was a very enjoyable read. and yes, thank you judges and cda!

ty nesamdoom!

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Congratulations alnilam! Thank you everybody for the fun, and cda especially for organizing this whole pageant and giving me the chance to be one of the judges. It was an honor!

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
Yaaay Alnilam!! :neckbeard:

I am v. proud of you and enjoyed your presence in the pageant very much, especially the part where your question portion entry was a mountain next to my molebeehill. You rule!

Also, thank you judges for your time and effort, you also rule!!

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Congratulations alnilam!

This was fun and good and I would do it again.

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

alnilam

Really though thank you so much and thanks so much for having this lovely pageant!! i think we all had fun and learned the value of fxship

ilu all and we will always be posting pals, and you're all mx byob in my heart :love:

Yob bless us everyone. Pllllay ball!

alnilam

i lolled at many of tge entries, hmm'd thoughtfully at others, and was genuinely impressed and enjoying of still more

vanisher

Now who was the secret judge cda

Twenty Four

Congratulations, and thanks all, this was a neat idea and a bunch of fun to watch, read, listen to, whatever!

Peg Sliderskew
It has been fun!

Congratulations anilam! You earned it :) I hope you will be accepting your sash and crown while topless!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
conglaturation

pogi

:blush: alnilam...

Impkins Patootie

alnilam posted:

Really though thank you so much and thanks so much for having this lovely pageant!! i think we all had fun and learned the value of fxship

ilu all and we will always be posting pals, and you're all mx byob in my heart :love:

Yob bless us everyone. Pllllay ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGRZBa4cKWA

FluffieDuckie

anyone who completed all 4 rounds of the pageant can pm or email me their address and i'll send them a coveted byob sticker

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Peg Sliderskew
I emailed you (I think)!

Then I emailed you again after reading your post properly.

Lucky this wasn't Mx Reading Comprehension.

Peg Sliderskew fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 14, 2017

Courtesy of Manifisto

alnilam

Accepting recommendations for community badge placement. Should i shed bone buds? :ohdear:

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Contragugeisha!

vanisher

alnilam posted:

Accepting recommendations for community badge placement. Should i shed bone buds? :ohdear:

It was a difficult shed for me

I originally took bone buds because you had it and it looked good.

deep dish peat moss

vanisher posted:

Now who was the secret judge cda

It was rapper Matty B

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Congratulations alnilam!! You totally deserve it! I thought everyone was amazing and I had loads of fun being part of it.

Munchables

Hey vanisher whatever happened with the custom plat icon?

FluffieDuckie

Munchables posted:

Hey vanisher whatever happened with the custom plat icon?

He was stymied by upper management

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Munchables

:argh:

vanisher

I don't blame upper management

In fact, I commend them for not giving in to peer pressure

Peg Sliderskew
Thank you FluffieDuckie! Stickers arrived today. Finally I have something to put in my will that ensures my children will keep sucking up to me for the rest of my life! It was a great idea to send it in the armoured van with the guys in bullet proof vests and helmets with kitty ears attached and the male strippers were amazing. You rock!

Courtesy of Manifisto

alnilam

can i have my bone bud tag replaced with the pageant one pls

fare well bone buds :sadwave:

ty manifisto

vanisher

alnilam posted:

can i have my bone bud tag replaced with the pageant one pls

fare well bone buds :sadwave:

I'd like to think that the old avatars and tags we change out go to live on a farm together and get to run and play in the sunshine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

vanisher posted:

I'd like to think that the old avatars and tags we change out go to live on a farm together and get to run and play in the sunshine

:unsmith: