Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi friends! I'd like to thank cda for the invitation to this prestigious event, as well as, of course, FluffieDuckie for hosting both it and me in her lovely subforum.

FluffieDuckie posted:

i love this so much! i'm going to wait and do my scoring at the end when everyone has submitted an entry

I'm going to do the same. There's a lot of great folks lined up and I look forward to learning a little more about you all! I hope to make you all proud by being a fair, discerning, and supportive judge of your many respective talents.

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I would like to sign up for the the talent pagent. My talent is signing up late for talent pagents.

Well, I'm sold!

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi again Mx. BYOB Posting Pageant Participants! All of these talents are fantastic and it was very hard not to just give each of you 11/10 and a gold star, but here we go.

hockey jockey: Wow, I love them! I have a soft spot for amigurumi and needle-felt critters. Little craft booths at street fairs kill me. And on top of that you make them for a good cause! A little extra since you kicked things off, and so in total I'm going to have to say we're starting off strong with a 10/10. Keep up your great work!

MrWillsauce: Mind. Blown. :aaaaa: Two grilled cheeses at once? Now that's using your noggin. Very clever and useful talent. Unfortunately I am hungry, and so now I want two grilled cheese sandwiches. The bread, I feel, could also have used a little more time frying, for that crispy golden-brown goodness. 8.5/10

They Might Be: Entering with a secondary talent was a bold move, and I like bold. A lovely cover and a nice way to musically kick off my morning. 9/10

Vanisher: As somebody without any gif game I appreciate things like this. An extra point for this entry's selfless nature :patriot: 9/10

N. Senada: How fun! The world needs more songs based on nutty Craigslist ads. Might I recommend browsing the Weird Craigslist Ads thread in PYF for more material? I'm shaving off a quarter-point, however, for not providing us with the written lyrics. How else can we sing along? 8.75/10

HotSoapyBeard: A chill job indeed! Driving a tour boat seems leagues above driving a tour bus. Get it? Leagues?? 8.5/10

Eugene V. Dabs: What a useful talent! It's so involved, too. I'm impressed by the dedication and skill it takes to get get the wool from sheep to spool, as if being able to make your own clothes wasn't cool and useful enough without throwing in the art of the craft. 10/10

Fanky Malloons: Beautiful! Even though I wasn't a fan of Freddie Lounds your illustration of her is striking. I also like that your very first piece was a gift for your best friend, so an extra half-point for that. :3: 9.5/10

alnilam: Oh wow, I love this. I'm a sucker for a nice harmony and the song you picked is great as well. This was really entirely you? Awesome. Do an album of this and I'll listen the heck out of it. 10/10

Munchables: I can't wait to check out Explosions in theaters :f5: It's going to blow up the box offices just like Michael blows up his sets. 9/10

posting smiling: Another fun talent, and I love how you used it for this contest. That avatar is pretty adorable! 9/10

pig slut lisa: Maddie's a beautiful dog, and I must say that I understand that occasional unhappy moment of "wow, I love this animal, but some day I'm going to have to bury him/her." I love the sentiment behind this and the reggae song as well, but I'm sad now. 8.5/10

Manifisto: How cool! I am also a fake-crafty person that makes small alterations to clothing and jewelry all the time. I don't think I could pull off a tent, though, let alone a working backpack! The mask is extremely cool as well. Are you sure you're not just regular crafty? 9.5/10

City of Glompton: Quiche is not pretentious, it is delicious and I love to make it. 5/10 :mad:

King of the Beach: What lovely photos! The panoramic of the lake and all of the vivid green pines is probably my favorite, although I appreciate the birds as well. Keep it up! A little extra to your score for being new to the photography scene and feeling confident enough to share anyway. 9/10

and last but not least:

lmbo calrissian: What a unique aesthetic. Very nice! Personality bursts from each one of these, and I'm not sure I've seen a style like yours before. 9.75/10

Thank you all for sharing and good luck in the following rounds!

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hello again, friends! Let's jump right into this.

alnilam: Like the last one, this round kicks off strong, much like alnilam as he swims through some really gorgeous green-blue waters. The sassy smile says, "yes, the setting may be beautiful, but so am I." 9/10

Fanky Malloons: I'd be lion if I didn't say that this is the finest tiger outfit slash swimsuit I've ever seen. 10/10

Munchables: A powerful mental image, if slightly unnerving. 9/10

King of the Beach: Fitting that a pirate would grow up to be the King of the Beach. You also have excellent taste in earrings. 9/10

vanisher: Not that these haven't all been great, but wow, here is an entry that really speaks to me! Such plumage. Such poise. 10/10

N. Senada: Casual confidence exudes from this photograph. I also like your smile. 9/10

hockey jockey: You are a striking woman! That hair, those pompoms, the roses! That's a face impossible to forget. 9/10

HotSoapyBeard: Oh my! 10/10

Manifisto: What interesting skin you have! I like it, but now Blue (Da Ba Dee) is in my head, and I resent that. 8.75/10

posting smiling: Nice choice of swimsuit! It really flatters your hips. 9/10

lmbo calrissian Your parasol is as bright as your smile. 9/10

Eugene V. Dabs: I am trying to imagine you on a beach, as requested, but it is very abstract if I'm to be honest. I'm going to imagine myself on a beach instead. 7/10 8/10, since now I'm in the mirage of a tropical paradise.

pig slut lisa: I'm not a real fan of mismatched bikini colors, but that's a marvelous fit for your rare body type. Nice job! 9/10

They Might Be: What a graceful figure you have! I do think it would have been easier to show it off were you not hanging upside down. 9/10

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Evening wear, eh? In honor of this portion of the pageant, and all the beautiful goons, goonettes, birds, and disembodied hands that have made it this far, I've put on my own favorite gown as I look over these entries. It's a lovely black sheath that is really stunning and in no way just a comfy extra-long t-shirt that I like to wear to bed. On with the show!

Fanky Malloons: Looks like you're first up this time around! While I'm impressed by your obvious deadliness and the inclusion of a matched set of weaponry, I'm not sure I'd qualify your outfit as evening wear. I guess that it is, technically, if this photo was taken in the evening while you wore it, but as much as I love technicalities they aren't the best way to win pageants. 8/10

vanisher: Grace, mystique, and a flair of drama. I hope I'm not going to be called a racist for awarding my fellow bird a 10/10. Work it girl!

They Might Be: Wow, what a beautiful ensemble! As an avid fan of nature and the outdoors, I appreciated the rich hues you called to mind with comparisons to milkweed pods, the summer sky, and the rich brown of a freshly fallen chestnut. The slight ironic bitterness lies beneath the gorgeous outfit like a surprise zest in the sweetest meringue you've ever tasted. 10/10

Eugene V. Dabs: The carefree swinging as your entire body blazes is a startling, poignant statement on the societal demands for effortless perfection despite any and all circumstances. I don't think it's evening wear, though. 8/10

hockey jockey: Wow! I can really see the resemblance now. A fun, floral dress and scarf combo for a summer evening out earns a 9/10. I docked a point because missing out on your scary little golem in a scary little dress is kind of a shame.

Munchables: I love the idea of this musical entry, but the lyric reconstruction was lazy -- mostly it was just the original lyrics with a word or two swapped out here and there. MSI was the first band I'd ever seen in concert though, as an angsty 16 year old goth kid, so you get the "unintentional pandering" bonus point of this round. 7/10 8/10

King of the Beach: Instead of an entry, you have submitted a photograph of a portrait of a handsome young man?? :confused: Very Basil Hallward of you, but the young man's attire does not call sopisticated evening wear to mind. 7/10

HotSoapyBeard: A lovely dress, and you are clearly singing your heart out. If only we could hear the clear, high, arrestingly beautiful note I am sure you are producing. For such a heart-stopping voice, however, I feel a slightly more formal gown is called for. 9/10

posting smiling: The same pose as last time? Scandalous! You need to expand your repertoire. However I do like the marijuana leaf in your tuxedo pocket. 8/10

N. Senada: It seems to me as though one should not wear one's best evening wear on a camping trip, even if one's evening wear is the sort closer to "pajama" than "Golden Globes." I'm thus left to assume you are not actually wearing your best or most flattering evening wear, and must judge accordingly. 8.5/10

alnilam: Wow! Look at that poise, that gown, that tiara, those tights! You've clearly brought your A-game. The eyes lifted heavenward remind me of Jesus, and the motionless grace reminds me of Kate Winslet in that scene in Titanic. 10/10

Manifisto: The magnificent getup says "I'm a hand to be taken seriously," but the hand in your pocket (is it still called a hand when it is an appendage sprouting off of another, larger, sentient hand? I'm sorry if I say anything offensive to you or about your anatomy) reminds us you're also cool, casual, and the sort of guy that might buy you a beer after work to celebrate your purchase of a new home or the arrival of your first baby. 10/10

lmbo calrissian: I've never seen an outfit like this before! It's a good thing this alligator suit and Ms. Malloons' tiger suit aren't in the same round, I don't know if we'd all be able to handle that much raw animal appeal. The stars were really beautiful the night you took this picture, but the incredible spangling on your suit gives them a run for their drat money. 10/10

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

King of the Beach is awarded a little extra for successful emotional manipulation, making his final score for this round 7.75/10.

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is going to be a really tough round to judge :ohdear:

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Good afternoon BYOB! I apologize for the delay in my response, but I was paralyzed by indecision with all of these fantastic answers. I've recovered now, so let's get to it!

Vanisher: A great start! This is an educational and in-depth answer, but not only does it make me long for a juicy, well-grilled steak, it also left me with more questions than we started with. Can one really call an answer an answer if it is still a question? On the other hand, now I'm probably going to have steak tonight, and I appreciate that. 9.5/10

Munchables: You raise interesting points, and despite being a lifelong Playstation fan I even found myself nodding along once or twice. Mario's incredible metabolism is something I never would have considered, in a question of speed, and I would expect no less of someone called Munchables. 9/10

hockey jockey: It seems like a better name for you might be frog jockey! Or, I guess one doesn't usually ride one's racing frogs, unless perhaps it is a very large frog or a very small jockey. I have a kingfisher friend that I'm going to forward this answer to. He always loves new frog-catching tips... I'm pretty sure he doesn't use them for racing, though. An extra half point for an answer teeming with practical knowledge. 10/10

Eugene V. Dabs: Jeez. This answer seems subpar, but I also don't want to join your life's unkindnesses. I'll average out those two impulses and award you 7/10.

HotSoapyBeard: In the year 2084, when empty belly buttons are forbidden, Big Belly affords us no personal freedoms or privacies, and we live in fear of Room 102 (even worse than the first one I'm told), you stand as a beacon of rebellion and justice. Also, I'm intrigued by this marble thing. 10/10

N. Senada: Hm. An interesting response, and I do very much love bread, but whether or not a burrito wrap should be toasted was never in contention (obviously, it should). It's also evident from the provided photo that the wrap has, in fact, already been toasted. I'm glad you made this pro-bread public service reminder, but now that I have obtained my (toasted) burrito, my confusion is over how best to stuff it into my face. 8/10

Manifisto: :psyduck: Wow! You must be some form of litigator outside of these forums, you've talked me round and round in circles and I'm dreadfully confused. I did see the word "parrots," though, and so I assume that's your answer to what you wish you had, how often, and why, and I think that's great. 10/10

Fanky Malloons: Ambitious ideas and I do value being chill! However, I hope that it's not un-chill of me to hesitate over your proposed primary solution of live bees as currency -- and I do assume you mean live bees, as dead bees would not do much to help their declining state -- particularly because I do not want to be stung while obtaining my steak tonight. 8/10

alnilam: Another very educational answer with great depth and breadth. And, a kickass rhyme with some mad flow. 10/10

lmbo calrissian: A fascinating look at genie lore, but you didn't pick "wings." I'm inclined to subtract points for that, but I also appreciate that you didn't go for the obvious answer. 9/10

They Might Be: Oh, I've seen these before! I was very curious as to how they tasted, but this was just after a rain and the odor of wet updog was slightly off-putting. I'm glad to have read this answer, as now I know that if I am to encounter another patch of slobberberries, I should not put them in my mouth. 10/10

posting smiling: An impressively lengthy answer with a compelling backing track. However, I had some trouble making out the actual words, and was intimidated by the scary robot voice. 8.5/10

I have to say, this was a fantastic round all-around. Even you, Eugene, for that expert psychological manipulation. Thank you all!

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Congratulations alnilam! Thank you everybody for the fun, and cda especially for organizing this whole pageant and giving me the chance to be one of the judges. It was an honor!

~*BIRD BIRD CREW*~