Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peg Sliderskew
I will take one for the team (please add points for teamwork) and get mine over with so that others can learn from my mistakes. I can't sing or dance so...

My talent is working with yarn, in particular crochet. I have made clothes and throws but my favourite thing is the story sets I make for teachers. This is a Hungry Caterpillar set. I made most of it from patterns, but had to freehand the finger puppets and cake because there was nothing out there that looked right.

After doing a few of these I decided to start designing my own sets, like this Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

I make these sets for the cost of the materials for receptions (4-5 year olds) teachers who have a lot of children with English as a second or third language so that they can participate in story time more easily.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew

vanisher posted:

I make gifs sometimes they aren't always great good luck other contestants

This one is definitely great and far more useful to BYOB than mine.

Delicious food and great taste in socks! Definite asset to the forum!

They Might Be posted:

Since my main talent of making delicious beer doesn't translate to a recording very well, I humbly submit my hot-take karaoke session of a favorite song of mine from two of the greatest adult folk contemporary artists of all time, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.

http://tindeck.com/listen/txyto

Cool dude laying down sweet tracks- what's not to love?

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

You are from the UK so obviously have an unfair advantage already, but you should still get double points for the ice cream bit.

I love Lovecraft and your talent.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Eugene vs Dabs, we should be partners! Beautiful wool. I have a huge weakness for variegated colours.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

Fanky Malloons posted:

Hi BYOB! I am not a talented poster, which pains me, but luckily I have this other thing I do that I'm p okay at and which I will humbly share with you, since we're having a pageant and all.

So, may talent is that I like to make art out of paper cut-outs. Like, really elaborate cut-paper things, with layers and stuff. Sometimes I can't find the right colour of paper, so I have to paint my own which is fine, but it takes forever to dry and I am impatient!! I had lots of pictures and I didn't want y'all to be bored, so I made some collages instead:

Here is a collage of my fave thing I've made so far, which is an octopus in the shape of a human heart (I sent it to my best friend because I love her). I thought you might like to see the difference between the drawing and the finished product, and also I wanted to show some of the layers, and a close up of the octopus skin texture, which I did with watercolour paint and I was pretty proud of myself for! (In case anyone is wondering, the final image is flipped because I usually trace the layers, and I wanted the finished image to be mirrored so that it was anatomically correct [insofar as that is possible when you are a heart made from an octopus])

Here's some other small things I made for fun. The jellyfish is the first paper art I ever made! It has some glue ~issues~ because I hadn't figured out that part yet when I made it. The portrait is Freddie Lounds from Hannibal, because I really liked her hair and wanted to see how it would look, and the bear is a bear.

Finally, here's a card I made for one of my other friends for Galentine's Day, and also a drawing of a work-in-progress that I've been meaning to finish for like a year but I've been busy with funeral school and also I don't want to start it because all those flowers are gonna be real difficult and I'm lazy.

Thanks for looking I hope you liked my stuff!

Edit: IDK If was supposed to sign up beforehand somehow?? I just got real excited to post, so here we are, sorry if I'm doing things wrong cda!!

I love all of these, but the bear is my favourite, especially the way the simple shape and the colouring makes it look like a medieval picture. I would pay for this!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

posting smiling posted:

for my talent, it's 3D. 3d stands for "three dimensions", but what good is it? well you can do all kinds of stuff with 3d, but for byob, i use it to make avatars. i even noticed that one poster in this very thread didn't have an avatar so as a demonstration of my talent and my kindness i made hockey jockey an avatar

That is incredible! I don't have a credit card right now so I will save it for later :D

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
I really do like it and will use it when I get a CC sorted out- I would feel a bit embarrassed to have it otherwise!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
I was worried when I saw the criteria for this round. Firstly, I haven't owned a swimsuit since I thankfully left school, secondly I wouldn't make my worst enemy look at a photo of me in one and thirdly I have no art skills whatsoever even allowing for that aspect not being judged. Then I remembered that I own all the crafting materials in the western world. So this is my conceptual art piece 'Homely Woman in a Bikini'.

The white tissue paper accurately represents my pasty English skin and the body shape is also more accurate than one might wish. Please notice my specially done pageant make-up and hair.

I'm ready for my close-up!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Loving the piratical wink!

anilam and HotSoapyBeard slashfic anyone?

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
I was planning to remodel my artistic golem to even greater beauty, but I've had pleurisy and a recurrent chest infection for two months now and there's no more petrol (gas) in the tank. So here is me in the closest thing I have to an evening gown.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
I love all of these (and am hugely relieved that the stylish TheyMightBe isn't really upset). Vanisher gorgeous as ever and Eugene is a babe (and smells amazing too). HSB has an actual dress, arguing the existence of a real life girlfriend (or very forgiving mother). Fanky Mallons, graceful and deadly. And King of the Beach has a cute picture and was nice to me, so he should probably win. And Munchables- funny lyrics and introduced me to a new song!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Fluffie, I guess I'm the matching shoes 8?

Amazing really, they cost me £2.50 and have finally made it up to me for all the blisters.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

Twenty Four posted:

I want to post so many questions now.

Do you? Really? How come? Is that a bear on your avatar sign? Is it a joke or are there really signs like that in bear-ridden places?

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Hi everybody! I'm kind of put out that I got this question instead of one of the easy ones about world politics, but that's the way the cookie crumbles! Fortunately, after dolls houses, racing frogs is my favourite hobby, so you're getting some premium tips and tricks here for your own future endeavours. I hope the judges will take that into account :forkbomb:

The problem amateurs usually whinge most about is the obvious one- frogs are slippery. Well, hello Einstein. How do you think you might make things less slippery? That's right- sandpaper gloves. Once you've grasped your frog with a pair of 50 grits, he's going nowhere.

Problem 2 is getting close enough to catch him in the first place. Again, common sense makes it simple. We've all seen roadrunner cartoons! Disguise yourself as a sexy female frog, hop over to your smitten target and grab.

So, what kind of frogs do you want to be ensnaring with your slimy wiles? You don't want to go to all this trouble and expense only to find yourself saddled with an ambitious newt. You need to look for big legs, but don't be taken in by greedy frogs with fat thighs. Give them a good squeeze to make sure it's all muscle. Big feet are a good characteristic, as long as they're strong and flexible- again, a bit of squeezing and poking is in order.

Finally, how do you make the chosen frog hop fast enough to win the race? That one is blindingly obvious. Once you have grabbed a horny frog with sandpaper gloves, squeezed his legs and feet exhaustively and not even given him a shag afterwards, you can be sure that as soon as you open his cardboard box on race day you won't see the little guy for dust.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

Splatmaster posted:

I would like the Judges to consider this answer as "The person I look up to right now is myself" because, in the context of the answer given, the only person the contestant is looking up to right now is themself. As such, I would like Eugene V. Dabs to consider the following: I believe in you and as such I empower you to get past this hardship in your life and overcome whatever challenges beset you. Believe in you, and all else will follow. Thank you for reading.

This, and please give Eugene 50% of my points for this round, thanks.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Genuinely in awe of Manifisto, Fanky, N and HSB.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

alnilam posted:

I deliberately didn't read the other​ answers before posting mine and now i know the real answer is beeconomics

You're both right- it's a Universal Bee Income.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
It has been fun!

Congratulations anilam! You earned it :) I hope you will be accepting your sash and crown while topless!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
I emailed you (I think)!

Then I emailed you again after reading your post properly.

Lucky this wasn't Mx Reading Comprehension.

Peg Sliderskew fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 14, 2017

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Thank you FluffieDuckie! Stickers arrived today. Finally I have something to put in my will that ensures my children will keep sucking up to me for the rest of my life! It was a great idea to send it in the armoured van with the guys in bullet proof vests and helmets with kitty ears attached and the male strippers were amazing. You rock!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew
'Fun' fact: when animals at the farm die or go to slaughter and the children notice (like when the piglets vanish for example), I say they've gone to live on a different farm, while looking meaningfully at their parent or guardian.

The child's parent or guardian I mean. The piglet's parent is usually just glad to be rid of the competition for food by that stage and doesn't require a sop to her grief.

Courtesy of Manifisto