Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
Hi BYOB! I am not a talented poster, which pains me, but luckily I have this other thing I do that I'm p okay at and which I will humbly share with you, since we're having a pageant and all.

So, may talent is that I like to make art out of paper cut-outs. Like, really elaborate cut-paper things, with layers and stuff. Sometimes I can't find the right colour of paper, so I have to paint my own which is fine, but it takes forever to dry and I am impatient!! I had lots of pictures and I didn't want y'all to be bored, so I made some collages instead:

Here is a collage of my fave thing I've made so far, which is an octopus in the shape of a human heart (I sent it to my best friend because I love her). I thought you might like to see the difference between the drawing and the finished product, and also I wanted to show some of the layers, and a close up of the octopus skin texture, which I did with watercolour paint and I was pretty proud of myself for! (In case anyone is wondering, the final image is flipped because I usually trace the layers, and I wanted the finished image to be mirrored so that it was anatomically correct [insofar as that is possible when you are a heart made from an octopus])

Here's some other small things I made for fun. The jellyfish is the first paper art I ever made! It has some glue ~issues~ because I hadn't figured out that part yet when I made it. The portrait is Freddie Lounds from Hannibal, because I really liked her hair and wanted to see how it would look, and the bear is a bear.

Finally, here's a card I made for one of my other friends for Galentine's Day, and also a drawing of a work-in-progress that I've been meaning to finish for like a year but I've been busy with funeral school and also I don't want to start it because all those flowers are gonna be real difficult and I'm lazy.

Thanks for looking I hope you liked my stuff!

Edit: IDK If was supposed to sign up beforehand somehow?? I just got real excited to post, so here we are, sorry if I'm doing things wrong cda!!

Fanky Malloons fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 3, 2017

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanky Malloons

cda posted:

You were, but I don't care if you sign up now. Do you want to be in the pageant? We still have swimsuit, evening wear, and questions to go.

Yes!

(Sorry for breaking the 1 post per participant rule)

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Fanky Malloons

I was going to explain the story behind this, but I think maybe it's better sans context??? Either way, I am wearing a swimsuit, so I assume it totally counts, pls enjoy.

Fanky Malloons

Evening wear, you say? Please accept this, my most formal and serious set of pyjamas (and weaponry):

Fanky Malloons

lmbo calrissian posted:

this is a full alligator bodysuit, I like to wear it with the hat to cocktail evenings

Pro tier evening wear my friend.

Although this is my favourite so far, I have to say that all my fellow participants look wonderful and are beautiful :3:

Fanky Malloons

While I generally enjoy not being judged in my daily life, cda pls do not forget about me :ohdear:
(just making sure, since vanisher's entry was so incredible that it was probably easy to overlook any that came before it, i.e. mine)

Fanky Malloons

Esteemed judges,

As I am sure you know, money, much like time, is an ideological construct used to bind humanity within the most un-chill of systems: capitalism. I believe, therefore, that there is a strong argument to be made that the Euro isn’t even real anyway. In fact, I’ll make that argument right now: money is a social construct, and the Euro isn’t real. BOOM.

In terms of the markets, it is my view that their current instability derives from the inherent un-chillness of capitalism. “But wait,” you may say, “aren’t the problems actually due to issues that stem from and maybe even pre-date the collapse and subsequent bail-out of the Greek economy by the richer and more powerful EU countries?” Well, probably yes, BUT those economy-collapsing issues are most definitely the result of the permanent state of needing to chill TF out that capitalism causes in all societies. Look at Iceland – they are way more chill than Greece, both in terms of personality AND climate, and you probably didn’t even remember that their economy collapsed. Why? Because they’re super chill. Like, hella chill, my dudes. I know, I’ve been there (in the airport). And probably also because we all forget that Iceland exists sometimes. Unlike time, and the Euro, Iceland actually is real, even though it doesn’t seem like it should be. It’s very confusing, as is the science of economics.

Anyway, given that the Euro probably isn’t real, and that capitalism is the most un-chill of economic systems, I propose that we abolish it entirely, along with all other currencies, and instead adopt an economy of BYOB-style chill, with currency replaced by bees. In the BYOBeeconomy, friendship and chill would be the most valuable things, rather than the extraction of maximum profit and the concentration of material wealth in the hands of the owners of production. The use of bees as currency would serve a dual purpose: it would encourage people to work to reverse the decline in bee populations worldwide (a v. important task, because bees are a keystone species), and it would prevent anyone from hoarding too much bee-wealth, because bees can sense how chill you are and also they do what they want. Nobody can truly own a bee, so if they felt a person was being too un-chill and getting bee-greedy they would just peace out. No more bees for you, you jerk.

The beauty of this system is that even if all your bees left, you wouldn’t be poor, because in the BYOBeeconomy, built on a solid foundation of being chill, all of your skills would be valuable. Since bees are sentient and may not always be willing to go along with being the currency in a bee-based barter system, other things like telling good jokes or making really great pies would also be acceptable forms of payment for goods or services. All of the talents displayed by my beautiful and brilliant fellow competitors would be precious commodities, sought after by all, instead of hobbies that we have to fit in around boring office jobs. We could all be artists and beekeepers and live the BYOB(ee) dream! It would be so beautiful I can hardly stand to think about it anymore *a dramatic pause as I wipe a single tear from my eye*

So there you have it. Money isn't real. Abolish the Euro, replace it with bees. Do away with capitalism and replace it with maximum chill at all times. Everybody wins! Honey not money! Honey not money! BEE-CO-NOM-ICS! BEE-CO-NOM-ICS! BEE-CO-NOM-

[ A large hook extends from the wings and yanks competitor off the stage ]

Fanky Malloons

hockey jockey posted:

You're both right- it's a Universal Bee Income.

Team work makes the dream work!! BEES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanky Malloons

Yaaay Alnilam!! :neckbeard:

I am v. proud of you and enjoyed your presence in the pageant very much, especially the part where your question portion entry was a mountain next to my molebeehill. You rule!

Also, thank you judges for your time and effort, you also rule!!