Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joke_explainer

It's going to be very difficult to win if you do not submit a talent portion, contestants. This may account for a significant amount of the final score. Cultivate a talent rapidly if you do not have one. That will probably be even more amusing than the already amazing entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

I've really liked the other entries so far! I'm glad everyone is having fun with this and al lthe contestants are really great. I don't mind if you think mine's the best or not because there are lots of great choices, I just hope you enjoy it and have fun :) okay thanks everyone! :love:

e: pretend the track is 9 seconds shorter :blush:

Holy poo poo. You sound like A.C. Newman but better.

joke_explainer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I would like to sign up for the the talent pagent. My talent is signing up late for talent pagents.

Hmm. Alright, let's see it. Now, this competition's rules are rather lackadaisically implemented, sure. But basic causality says you cannot participate in a contest before you join it. The talent portion is ongoing, but your talent demonstration post can't occur before you actually entered the contest. So in order to fulfill your talent, you will either have to find another talent pageant and through your determination, charm, and sheer talent at the process, enter it late and show you have a valid entry. I look forward to seeing how you hoodwink them!

joke_explainer

the secret judge is captain nomates

joke_explainer

I wasn't going to say anything. Given this group's general quibbling over food they'll be a rash of people coming out of the woodwork saying only wet-with-butter, warm but not actually toasted grilled cheeses are proper and anyone who actually lets one brown is a maniac.

joke_explainer

we need behind the scenes interviews about whats going through the contestant's heads, they could talk about tentative alliance hockey jockey and posting smiling have formed to take down anilam, etc

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 9, 2017

joke_explainer

lmbo calrissian posted:

e: Bold move going in after soapy beard's rugged burly man bod with this, me 20 lbs ago, I know

god I hope this means you gained 20 lbs and not lost them my friend

joke_explainer

This competition is getting pretty spicy!

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 16, 2017

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

Hurf de Durf its global trade time
Sit back and think to my global trade rhyme

This is global trade and you can trade with me
You can chill out relax and smoke a bong with me
If you need some money cuz you're now a jobless guy
Just go check your mail and they'll send you UBI
Providing basic living, and paid for by the hosts
Especially rich countries cuz they have the most

See what i did dere dat wuz redistribution of wealth
Because it's necessary for people's dignity and health

It's all about rules see how many we can make
To stop abuse of workers, or dumping in the lake
And if one of these rules a company should break
Their product will be banned for import's sake

Make an inspection team to check on da rules
If dey find out ur bad you get called a fool
No one will buy your stuff until you stop bein a dick
Just respect all the world, thats the trick

If youre makin tshirts with prints of hammock cat
Then treating workers well is really where it's at
Shouldn't matter if you're Swedish or from Palestine
This imperfect solution is the best I can find

It global trade, global trade tim
Hurf and a Durf, sliding to the pageant win

The song was entertaining and really great answer! Thank you alnilam. Everyone's answered great so far. What a great contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

sonic is faster? yeah ok let's see sonic beat super mario world in <10 minutes. goddamn.