Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Many of you are familiar with Madison, the Official BYOB Dog:

My wife and I welcomed Madison (Maddie for short) into our home in February 2014. I still remember posting my first BYOB thread about our struggles to get this nervous newcomer to make her first pee in front of our building, and the encouragement I received from Haam and Dotcom Jillionaire and alnilam and others. My wife and I fell instantly and deeply in love with this fuzzy little tailwagger who had come to us from a neglected home.

One of the things I didn't realize until I got a dog is that occasionally--especially when it's past midnight and the dog is sleeping on the floor next to your feet--you'll look at her and be struck by the realization that you've just acquired a best friend whom you're going to see die (and maybe have to put down yourself). We got Maddie when she was 6 years old, and she's a very healthy dog, but even so...that day is coming, and I can't stop my brain from thinking about it sometimes.

It was around this time that Jimmy Fallon left Late Night for the Tonight Show. I've never really been a Fallon watcher but I remember seeing online his last bittersweet sketch. He had the Muppets on to help him sing "The Weight" by The Band. Something about the mixture of happiness and sadness and wistfulness and other indescribable emotions really resonated with me. I also realized that the chorous--"take a load off, Fanny", etc.--had the potential to rhyme with Maddie, about whose far off but inevitable passing I knew my wife and I would also feel a mix of bittersweet emotions.

That being the case, I took it upon myself to rewrite the lyrics of "The Weight" and make them about Maddie. I also reached out to a couple local musicians I know and commissioned them to provide a backing track for the song. It's my first and only time recording a piece of solo music and it was emotional given the subject matter.

I wrapped production in fall 2014, about two months before our wedding. To this day I still haven't shared it with my wife. The intention was always to have her listen for the first time after Maddie eventually leaves us, but I don't know when or even if that will happen. It could be too painful. It may come a week or a month or a year after, or never at all. It may just be a gift for Maddie and me, something that she and I alone share on those late nights when my wife has gone to sleep, the dog is snoozing at my feet, and I hum a verse or two of the song I wrote for my most special friend in all the world.

All of which is to say that this is overly care and not worth your attention but it's one of the most personally meaningful things I've done so if you want to listen, I will share it. It doesn't have a name since I don't have any other songs I need to distinguish it from. From me and the Official BYOB Dog, thanks for listening.

Love you little dogger :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

it's wet nightmare...

pig slut lisa

irl is good

joke_explainer posted:

I wasn't going to say anything. Given this group's general quibbling over food they'll be a rash of people coming out of the woodwork saying only wet-with-butter, warm but not actually toasted grilled cheeses are proper and anyone who actually lets one brown is a maniac.

a chip butty is a sandwich

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Visit https://www.ascii-middle-finger.com/ and see me bare all for you :wink:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

I'm going to be out of the country for three weeks so just place my trophy in my mailbox and I'll pick it up when I get back :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Wow, how did you manage to screenshot a turned-off monitor?