Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

They Might Be

Since my main talent of making delicious beer doesn't translate to a recording very well, I humbly submit my hot-take karaoke session of a favorite song of mine from two of the greatest adult folk contemporary artists of all time, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.

http://tindeck.com/listen/txyto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

They Might Be

this is heartwarming

those shotglasses rule

next level gimp work

sort of a daniel johnston vibe, very cool stuff

everything i expected from your avatar and more

They Might Be

cda posted:

:siren: Reminder that you have until TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT EST to post your talent :siren:

Remember -- any score is better than no score, so if you don't have a talent, just do something untalented. Once upon a time a guy called Rich Kyanka did exactly that, and look at him now: owner of the world's most exclusive web forums.

The following participants have posted a talent:

1.munchables - filmmaking
2. vanisher - gifmaking
3. alnilam - music
4. posting smiling - av/gifmaking
5. MrWillsauce - grilledcheesemaking
8. fanky maloons - art
10. eugene v. dabs - weaving
12. hockey jockey - crochet
16. N. Senada - music
17. HotSoapyBeard - boat captaining

The following participants have yet to post their talent:
6. Manifisto
9. farg
7. pig slut lisa
11. Hogge Wild
13. Android Blues
14. King of the Beach
15. They Might Be
18. lmbo calrissian

If I missed anyone, let me know.

Apparently what I thought was my entry doesn't count. I'd be more than happy to submit a digest of the beer idea I let byob vote on / name, then created/brewed/sold kits of in a store. It's much less embarrassing than my karaoke, so let me know!

edit: For those that weren't there, we put doughnuts in the mash:

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 5, 2017

They Might Be

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I would like to sign up for the the talent pagent. My talent is signing up late for talent pagents.

are you any good at folk music refrains?

you're welcome to hop in on my only living boy in new york karaoke and we can submit it together like a present to mom/dad from both of us.

They Might Be

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Tom....get your plane right on time....I know your part'll go fine...

even better, you just need to fill the middle minute and a half or so with "ahhhhh-ah-ahhh" and just one "here I ammmmm-mmmm"

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 5, 2017

They Might Be

Ralph, my Sphodromantis lineola (Giant African Praying Mantis), was so kind to submit his final venture into the nude bathing area to get an all-over-tan after molting into his eight instar as my submission for the swimsuit portion.

They Might Be

King of the Beach posted:

sry top half only due to NSFW rule...

still the same havent changed one bit

They Might Be

I've put on my nicest suit to make this comment. It's navy blue, a light knit for spring, finished with two dull brass buttons. Both are currently undone, exposing a tie the color of a milkweed pod with a shirt as as crisp and blue as the sky tucked in behind. The outfit is sparsely accessorized, featuring a chestnut brown belt complete with similarly dulled hardware, lived-in flat fronted chinos, and a sensible pair of matching leather loafers (sockless).

"This pageant has been fun. Thanks for giving me a 5/10 for trying to record a nice folk cover, and calling a photoshopped speedo on a molted bug exoskeleton unjudgeable in the same breath you rated a lovely bird photoshopped in a bathing suit and a great ms-painted ascii middle finger with no complaints. I love you all"

-the least talented boy in byob

Edit after receiving so many nice PMs: I'm really sorry for confusing you all with my entry. I figured every good pagent needs some drama so I worked it into my entry. I posted right after in the chat thread that it was satire, but in retrospect that wasn't the best solution. I do love you all and my feelings aren't hurt!!

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 16, 2017

They Might Be

10/10

They Might Be

cda posted:

They Might Be - What's an updog?

The Wattococcus estcanus (updog, or slobberberries) is a species of perennially flowering plants with indigo-colored berries, delightfully wet noses, and the occasional happy tongue or wagging tail. Updogs are prostrate shrubs that range in size from small puppers to great big boys.

Their distinctive wet noses, or rhinariums, utilize cold receptors in the skin to determine the source of incoming love and/or pets. The berries are highly poisonous if eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

They Might Be

FluffieDuckie posted:

(+1 for making me google slobberberry)

dang i got beat by e-cig liquid. gross.