Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

I'm very excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

I make gifs sometimes they aren't always great good luck other contestants

vanisher

This is real good and has some top tier techniques

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

can confirm, hammers makes some legit rad scarfs

very cool post Miss Jobs

e: bonus picture

vanisher fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 2, 2017

vanisher

vanisher

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

i'm naked on a beach right now, so pretend this is my entry.

Hi naked

vanisher

vanisher

Some ridiculous competition for the evening wear portion

vanisher

Are we going to learn the secret judges identity in the crowning ceremony

vanisher

quote:

North Korea has utilized a deterrent-based strategy for their own security since shortly after the end of the Korean War. While never taking action that might tip the status quo against them, they have steadily expanded their deterrent capabilities, and have unabashedly chased raising the stakes to nuclear arms. Even without such weapons, analysis such as you'll find on stratfor.com illustrates that the immediate consequence of conflict with North Korea would be at least the partial destruction of Seoul. At what point are other countries ethically justified to make the decision to endanger the lives of South Korean citizens, and if never, should North Korea be allowed to eventually establish a large ICBM stockpile and potentially threaten the entire world? What actions would you advise?

Haha just kidding judges

To affect any lasting change or solution to a problem, it helps to focus not just on the immediate issue, but the original choice or circumstances that created the issue in the first place. Certainly all our circumstances are a result of our choices, and given identical circumstances, even a rational group of individuals would likely make similar choices and then find themselves in identical unwanted circumstances as a result!

As a small chunky shorebird species I spend most of my time on the ground in brushy, young-forest habitats, where my brown, black, and gray plumage provides excellent camouflage from predators. My plump body, short legs, large rounded head, and long, straight prehensile bill make me a popular game bird, so I know what it's like to be oppressed. Also, my diet is mostly seeds and bugs. This gives me a unique insight into the average North Korean citizens experience.

It's not well remembered or known by most Americans, but the Korean war was brutal and devastating to the North Koreans. There was systematic bombing and destruction of almost all infrastructure, and casualties were a substantial percentage of the total North Korean population. Anti-American sentiment amongst the remaining population was high, as they blamed them for their plight and devastated nation. Leadership emerged which reinforced and empathized with this feeling. In later years the North Korean regime saw how dictators were being ousted by opposition supported by the west (especially during the Arab Spring and other events), and chose to intensify their armed protection and isolationist stance, reinforcing it's citizens anti-american feelings, and holding entire families accountable for one person's anti-nationalistic view.

I would propose that the core issues: anger at having their nation ravaged during war, and a fear of having their leadership toppled, have not been addressed in a meaningful or mature way.

Is it as simple as addressing these core issues for an immediate solution? Could we work at assisting the North Korean regime rebuild their infrastructure and expect massive immediate changes in decades long protectionist measures? Can we address the policies the US and others have taken to oust regimes tomorrow and expect complete trust from the North Korean government that we will not support a rival democratic faction within the country if it emerges? No, such an assumption is absurd. But all of life's issues and problems are never solved this way.

If I take this steak and throw it in the microwave on high for five minutes, will it acquire the depth of flavors and taste just as if I place it in the smoker for five hours? Do I enjoy the steak while it is being cooked in the smoker? Is my hunger satisfied while I wait for the end result? But at the end of the process, I'm left with a better result for having made the investment. A true investment from either party would not result in an immediate change, or show any outward solution, but over time could allow trust on other levels. A definition of maturity is one's ability to delay gratification. Perhaps the real question is who is the more mature party?

When do we demand results? The irony is that the way any true solution will look will not have any measurable immediate results. Will we secure 100% of what we think we need today in the eventual solution? No. But the funny thing about these solutions is that they can be multi-generational, and if we lay the groundwork now, we can impact and set the stage for tomorrows leaders to make a lasting peaceful solution.

vanisher

Awe shucks congrats Mx Al

It was just such an honor to participate and be surrounded by such talented folks, ill cherish these memories.

vanisher

Now who was the secret judge cda

vanisher

alnilam posted:

Accepting recommendations for community badge placement. Should i shed bone buds? :ohdear:

It was a difficult shed for me

I originally took bone buds because you had it and it looked good.

vanisher

I don't blame upper management

In fact, I commend them for not giving in to peer pressure

vanisher

alnilam posted:

can i have my bone bud tag replaced with the pageant one pls

fare well bone buds :sadwave:

I'd like to think that the old avatars and tags we change out go to live on a farm together and get to run and play in the sunshine

vanisher

FluffieDuckie posted:

dude you're an ik. you have the power

Al is an extremely ethical IK who would never abuse the powers of his office for personal gain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Hi FD thanks for cleaning up this mess

Its with a heavy heart that I must give up my resolution tag

Lets put it at the tip top.

Mx
Internet Tough Guy
Postin Pals