Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

The downward spiral continues:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-internet-conservatives-government-a7744176.html

As more and more power and money is concentrated in the hands of a filthy few at the top of society, the surveillance and control of the people continues to get ever more prevalent and invasive.

God, she really is a harpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

beep-beep car is go posted:

Wait, aren't you LDS? I thought you didn't have caffeine either? My (great) Aunt and Uncle were LDS and they drank water, juice and Sanka, and that was it.

As an ex-LDS: There are plenty of hypocrites.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Working on cars is addictive, yet was never added to the Words of Wisdom either. I look foreward to new revelation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Hi I'm Bender. :v:

Gender bender ;)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Had to find a induction sensor for my Audi project, the one I need was NLA.

But suprise, suprise, they have the EXACT sensor for Porsche with a larger price tag.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
gently caress you, timing pin, stop getting in the way of the starter :argh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I got a 980 GTX for dirt cheap, mainly for Dishonored 2

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
My Dell Precision laptop continues to handle Skyrim well, but I have an AMD FirePro that I'm running software modded to be a Radeon R9 M200x

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

It's like a project managers laptop honestly. Bitch only has 4 gigs of ram and an integrated gcard.

I cant even play the newest graphics update of Sim City Deluxe lmao

Its cool though Im more of a tropico island dictator type anyway.

I buy the Precision series specifically because if it has a dedicated card, its usually modular and I can get them with more RAM slots than the standard laptop.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
PC gaming is actually on an upswing right now, and it's not going anywhere.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

funny Star Wars parody posted:

the switch doesnt count :colbert:

Despite the initial sales boost, the Switch isn't doing to hot either. My wife bough one at launch, and while she loved the new Zelda and loves the switch, the lack of launch titles is really killing her interest in it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

So, who here would give up beef for sports cars? I know I would.

I don't eat beef anymore. Haven't in ages.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I'm running a 5 year old Dell Precision T5500 with dual Quad Core E5550 Xeons and a GeForce GTX 980 for my desktop. Works great, and was cheap as dirt.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

My computer has been in a box for 2 months now because my wife thinks it's an eyesore.
Must be nice to have a computer.

....uh, are you okay?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I hope Audi themselves fire each and every last one at that shop. That is ridiculous.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I'm so glad I married someone who doesn't care how many cars I have.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Possibly flying out to West Virginia to buy two cars and drag them home.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This is a troll. No way you can be serious. Next you're going to suggest Caillou

Daniel Tiger is awesome, but not as awesome as Mr. Rogers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Okay, I gotta figure out how to tow this 200 back, I can tow it with the 5000 Quattro Turbo wagon I'm picking up as well, but I think I'll have to dolly it.

But I don't know if U-Haul will sign off of me renting a dolly to tow with the 5000 Avant.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I can afford a $40,000 car....

.....from 1985 :smith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

I'm fortunate enough that I could afford a 40k car, but I'm a cheapskate who hates depreciation and prioritizes other stuff (emergency fund, retirement, college fund for kid, vacation fund). I am thinking of spending about 30k on my next (used) car but my wife is telling me "no." She spends too much on everything she buys daily, but panics when I suggest a large one time expenditure because it has more digits than she's used to. It's very frustrating. I'm the primary earner in the household by 2x and am diligent about saving and earning; she fritters away money like it comes from trees, then digs her heels in when I want to buy something for myself.

I can't wait until my kid is out of daycare, it will be a 20k/year raise.

If you are buying a car and worried about depreciation, you are buying a car for all the wrong reasons.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
We had one kid. She wants a second one, but I want her to finish her degree. Besides, I don't think nature is smiling on us having another one. It took us 6 years of trying to even have the one.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

Well looks like my sister's all right. It was a rapid growth cancerous mass, they think they got the whole thing. Some light chemo and she should be fine.

drat this has been a rough 12 hours.

:unsmith: Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Turbo Conversion Audi started and idled for the first time!

• Locked thread