Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

Although the girlfriend did just get a new ESA, the owner said it's a German shepherd/lab mix, but I'm pretty sure she's just a flatcoated retriever and the person didn't know better.

Besides the tiny eyes and and slightly longer than usual coat, she seems to be all retriever

If it was part german shepherd his ears would be significantly larger even if they were floppy so yea i reckon you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

InitialDave posted:

She'd better be an 11.

I've posted pix before but I married way the gently caress up so

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

She is a cutie, but poor girlfriend got the smartest loving puppy. It's 9 weeks old, but that thing is fearless and learns things faster than any dog I've seen. I want all of my dogs to be stupid

What's wrong with having a smart dog? Like it figures poo poo out or it's not easily trained because its independent?

Rascal has been extremely hard to train but he is so much better than he was last year it's insane. I doubt he'll ever be trusted near an open door though since he likes to take me on neighbourhood tours :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Too much drat sport on today, just got done watching Arsenal v Chelsea while the 24h of Nurburgring was on the other TV, once it gets dark there I'm switching over to see the Monaco GP quali that I somehow avoided seeing the results of (so far). Also Fallout 4 is free on Steam this weekend.

Holy poo poo thanks

Edit: oh I guess it's free to play this weekend?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today I spent ten hours and four trips to lowes getting the correct fittings to hook up my new tankless water heater and get rid of all the piping from the old one

My father in law helped and I learned a shitload about the American measurement system (its bad and so are fractions)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm glad that even thread size needs to be an international slapfight

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I checked out the truck today, turns out it has 28k miles and he's selling it cheap because he's an old man who can't drive and there are some dings, scratches, and missing parts from various run ins with trees that he's had

He's going to get a quote for how much it'd cost to fix and send me the specs for me to KBB then we'll get a price sorted out with my Saturn for trade included. I'm guessing I'll get it for $15k-25k which is still an insane deal

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

Almost every panel of your Saturn is a different color.

I havent washed it in almost three years

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm not a math guy but I feel like $15k-$25k is a fairly large range

it depends on how much it's worth and how much money it'd cost to fix up. I reckon it's worth $30k but I'd also guess he has around $5-10k in cosmetic damage on it :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

How bad is the cosmetic damage? I can't really tell from the photos.

Every corner is of the car has bumps, the rear bumper is bent downards and has a big ding on the left, there are scratches in the paint on the driver side from the door to the bed, the front is missing some trim that goes above the bumper, a few other things

angryrobots posted:

Based on the options apparent I guessed it is probably an SLE which kbb gives a median value of over $40k.

You are stealing from that old man.

That's about what he said he paid for it in 2014 so I have no idea

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I never liked the styling until the X.

Same and now being a grown adult we don't care which is faster because we sit in traffic all day anyways

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yes, when I think of all the people I've ever seen driving an Evo X, it's definitely "Grown Adult" that springs to mind.

Please show me an average millennial who can afford a $40,000 car

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

redgubbinz posted:

I could, now where do I sign for the 9 year loan? And what do you mean by "interest" of course I'm interested in the car!

haha basically. I could technically get a $40,000 car on a regular old note if I wanted to but I have been extremely blessed

i should note that if i did get a $40,000 vehicle my wife would be a massive stressball because it'd be cutting it close on our budget :rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

blk posted:

I'm fortunate enough that I could afford a 40k car, but I'm a cheapskate who hates depreciation and prioritizes other stuff (emergency fund, retirement, college fund for kid, vacation fund). I am thinking of spending about 30k on my next (used) car but my wife is telling me "no." She spends too much on everything she buys daily, but panics when I suggest a large one time expenditure because it has more digits than she's used to. It's very frustrating. I'm the primary earner in the household by 2x and am diligent about saving and earning; she fritters away money like it comes from trees, then digs her heels in when I want to buy something for myself.

I can't wait until my kid is out of daycare, it will be a 20k/year raise.

Dave Ramsey disciple spotted

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

At about 14 I began to recognize that if you remove

$20k a year in childcare costs from age 0-3
$40k a year in childcare costs from age 3-18
$100k a year in college fund from age 18-23
$5k a year in "My kid needs to buy an Evo X but ended up having his own kids so now he wants me to dip into my retirement" fund from age 23-42

Then all the funds for yourself get real full, you can buy those crazy presents for your nieces and nephews that their MEAN parents won't buy them, eventually your mattress also fills up with $100 bills with no kids stealing them and you end up having to find dumb things to spend money on, like $40k cars.

No Ragrats.

where in the world are you spending $100k/yr on university jesus christ

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

This place called 'murica. If you don't live in one of the few states with good public options, it can get pricey. Even out of state tuition at a good state school ia expensive as balls. Also, in 18 years, it will be way more.

in 18 years there probbo wont be much of america left but i see

somehow michigan has decent universities i guess

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

They do, but go look at what university of michigan costs out of state (45 loving grand tuition only).
Also, I will say that if your kid is smart/jard working enough to get into the really big name privates, it would be really nice to actually be able to afford that. The networking opportunities are just loving amazing at like harvard, stanford, and yale -- it is a big part as to why my stanford and yale educated aunt is rich as gently caress. It has less to do with the quality of education, but the doors it opens.
If you make to much money for scholarships (but not enough to just pay easy) the $300k in debt is kinda a killer.

ah man i thought i had it rough with $13,000/semester with no room and board

:rip: america

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

scuz posted:

Having spent just 3 days in Canada as an American, it was very hard to go back home. I fuckin' love Canada.

go back in january

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

scuz posted:

I live in Minnesota and enjoy the weather here so v:shobon:v

ok uh well enjoy canada, friend

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My father in law has been helping me renovate my laundry room. He's been a carpenter for 35 years and a supervisor for major commercial buildings (he basically build 75% of the new buildings in downtown Detroit). When we first started I was telling him about how diy is basically illegal in Australia and all that and he was all "wow those loving liberals ruining everything why can't they leave people alone?"

Today we got to the previous owners diy electrical and drywall work, which was a hot mess, and at the end of the day he was like "you know Tusen, maybe Australia has the right idea"

:newlol:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cakesmith handyman posted:

My wife really really really didn't want one particular uncle on her side being invited but her mum forced her into it. I posted them.

Well, almost all of them.

whatta nice guy

• Locked thread