Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or could have been running low on refrigerant, won't that prematurely burn out a compressor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

:ssh: Most of the fresh water is going to be contaminated due to Climate Change, especially the Great Lakes and groundwater. Sorry.

By the time that happens don't you think there will be desalination plants everywhere?

That's assuming that all happens before World War 3 destroys the planet tho.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

how do you make it spin in your butt

h
o
w

He was trying to sit and spin apparently

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Shocked about Cornell, I wonder what happened he was too young. Hopefully it wasn't a overdose, would make it even more sad :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just saw that. What a loving shame.

[e] left behind a family, five kids. gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 18, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like Budweiser :cheers:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He probably picks the marshmallows out of his lucky charms too

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm just old and was drinking Bud long before micro brews were a thing, guess it's a familiarity deal. I remember the first time I had a Sierra Nevada pale ale and was like what the gently caress is this poo poo :v:

I ended up liking it tho and still do.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I had a Budweiser once.

Never loving again. I might joke about beer being bottled cat piss but cat piss is better than Budweiser. How in God's name can anyone drink that swill?? GG Fosters is better and that's just hosed up beer to say the least.

Do you even drink? I thought you don't touch alcohol.

That's like a non smoker saying Newports suck lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You thought wrong. I just dont a) make a regular habit of it and b) might only at best a couple a year.

Unlike alcohol a non smoker can taste what a smoker is having however. Alcohol doesnt have second hand smoke unless you are in the habit of drinking human piss

Well like most acquired tastes (beer in general), it tastes lovely at first and it grows on you basically. Like I said I'm old so when I started drinking beer in the 80's there wasn't much of a choice back then, it was all pretty much the same poo poo, so I drank Bud because that's what was always around and I grew to like it. These days I don't drink much, but Budweiser takes me back to my young whipper snapper days and it still tastes good to me :shrug:

I suppose if I was drinking double and triple IPAs every day I'd get used to that too, but it's way to strong for my palate at the moment.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Um yeah I'd definitely do that trade, but an LS swap in a Miata is way more expensive than you're thinking. Turn it into a track rat if you get it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boston Weak

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just read that two Indy car drivers were robbed at a Taco Bell outside of Indianapolis Speedway. One of them was the pole winner for the Indy 500 :ohdear:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Saw Guardians yesterday, great movie and the best Marvel series by far imo.

Was quite surprised by the tear jerker ending, my son was crying and I got choked up, wasn't expecting that from the movie :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My mother in law has slowly destroyed her HHR over the years, we just never bothered to get all the dents and scratches fixed because why bother.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I hear you, and it was the same thing with the HHR, it was only about a year old when we got it for her, and the next five years it aged 20 because she just drives it and that's it. I gave up trying to keep it clean and decided just not to care anymore. It wasn't brand new when she got it but pretty drat close and it's a POS now that isn't worth poo poo. Part of that is because it's an HHR but oh well, just kind of regret spending the money on a "nice" car for her when a $3k Camry would have been fine.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

My computer has been in a box for 2 months now because my wife thinks it's an eyesore.
Must be nice to have a computer.

Lol what. I hope you make her put *a thing she likes* away because you don't like it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That sounds pretty great!

Get unflavored whey and put it in a fruit/yogurt smoothie. That's how I usually do it.

But for a quick shake, Gold Standard chocolate whey, some peanut butter powder and lowfat milk is the shiznitz.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I need to put together a few options to mix things up a bit. I'm hitting my 1800 or under goal with ease but at work I am pressed for time so shakes wouldn't be a bad idea.

I use a small powered mixer to mix it up right in the cup and it mixes perfectly smooth, texture makes a difference because chunky protein shakes suck.

Get some peanut butter powder too, it mixes WAY better than actual peanut butter with less fat and tastes better.

https://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002GJ9JWS?th=1

They sell it at walmart too.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

I have pb powder too and love it but get the gently caress out of here with the "tastes better"

No one eats spoonfuls of pb powder. :colbert:

I dont find it mixes better either. Regular pb will blend just fine, sometimes the powder stays in little compact balls.

Tastes better mixed in a drink yes, by the spoonful no lol.

Regular PB is oily (fat) and harder to clean off everything, the powder has almost no fat and doesn't have that issue.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The fiance just told me that if I can get back down to one vehicle she will let me get whatever I want after we get married.

...i've got a golden ticket...

Whatever minivan you want right :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'm not worried, she's been supportive of everything I want to do, me owning one vehicle would benefit her job as the company views residents who park outside of their garage as irksome.

I'm a get me an Evo.

Wait a minute....The company she works for has a problem with their employees parking outside of their garage? Of their own personal home as in away from the workplace?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

We live at the property she works at. I have three cars here now with the PT coming shortly. None of the current cars are an eyesore but they prefer residents to park inside.
It makes her look better to the higher ups if we have a clear driveway.

So when you decide you want a project when the EVO gets boring you're SOL?

:cmon:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'm also tired of working on poo poo, project cars can eat me

Haha, I'll remember that when you're posting CL beaters that you want to buy but can't :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BigPaddy posted:

The answer is simple, just buy what you want and then make excuses after it arrives.

Pretty much what I do. She gets nervous about me "constantly buying and selling cars" as she puts it. Relax, I've been doing this way before I met you I tell her. She's astonished at the number of cars I have owned, it's not normal I guess?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I'm so glad I married someone who doesn't care how many cars I have.

I'd have more if I had the room or even a garage. Would have probably kept my Miata if I had a garage :(

spog posted:

Everyone has a number in their mind when they think about their partner before they met you, but they are afraid to ask in case the real number is much higher.

Haha. I'm a car slut.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Lame. I just need to be able to get the car into the air quickly and onto jack stands without having to do it a corner at a time. Dad won't be ready to put a lift in his garage for a while yet.

Just get a good lightweight aluminum floorjack and it's not as bad. Also if you're doing one corner at a time you're doing it wrong, you should be able to find a spot to go from front to back or vice versa, I could even do it on a heavy rear end Crown Vic.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

wow horrible idea thinking it would be fun to take a 2 year old to a sounders FC game today, :homebrew:

Haha. My son is 9 and has just started to be able to sit through and actually watch a baseball game, but most of that is because he plays in little league and is a giant MLB nerd.

But yeah at 2,3,4 lol forget it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was kinda hoping Motronic would start a new one for this summer coming up, I have a bunch of questions too, debating on buying the poo poo and doing it myself or just paying someone else.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bolind posted:

I have been entrusted with my two and a half year old nephew. 45 minutes in and nobody's died or started crying yet. Currently watching dynotrux on Netflix.

Yo Gabba Gabba is always a pro choice, kids love it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Horrible crash at Indy, Scott Dixon is incredibly lucky to be alive.

Dude has nine lives, survived getting robbed at gunpoint at the taco bell now this.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

eyebeem posted:

Currently paying $3,000~/month for two kids in daycare. It's going to be an insane windfall in a few years.

That's why we decided on mom staying home for awhile, what's the point of working if most or all of your paycheck goes to childcare? Yeah it was tough for awhile and I worked 50 and 60 hour weeks for what seemed like forever, but my son was taken care of by his mother until he was 7yrs old and you can't buy that. Now the wife is making great money and making up for the lost work time :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

eyebeem posted:

I wonder how much I would have made last year if I was paid my wage hourly instead of salary.

Ha. One of the reasons I got out of photography for a living is when I did the math on all the hours I spent doing poo poo not behind the camera. Should have never done the math because...

Previa_fun posted:

Just a warning: you can't un-know this fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I hate my entire embarassing extended family. I wasn't going to invite any of them. Like, my parents and siblings and that's where it ends. I made my own loving family.

Tell them to gently caress off basically. My wife's extended family did the same poo poo and she told them it's not about you, sorry not sorry.

• Locked thread