Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah, that Drax/Mantis moment was very sweet and well done.

I was a little disappointed by the writing. The effects, make-up, colors, all awesome, but the story was really tropey. How many times have we seen a guy with a mystery origin find his family, only it turns out they're secretly evil? Plus he gets into a fight with one of his friends who suspects something is going on... and then there's Gamora and Nebula's sisterly catharsis. All really old hat stuff. Apart from that, a lot of very unsubtle emotional stuff. Like, instead of using subtext, the characters pretty much just tell each other how they feel. The Drax/Mantis moment was subtle in a way most of the movie was not.

Still a really fun movie with great character actors.

DrVenkman posted:

Also, I had no idea that golden woman was Sophie Turner from GoT. She's better here than she was in that X-MEN movie.

That was Elizabeth Debicki. I don't think Sophie Turner was in this. She was really great as Ayesha though, hope she's in vol. 3 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Nebula: "I cannot be tried as I am a sovereign citizen. That is a gold fringed flag"

Rocket: Am I being detained? Am I being detained?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY

• Locked thread