Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
GOTG2 owns.
That lamp guy is trolling.
I liked the part when the raccoon and the whistle knife guy killed a bunch of dudes.
This is the only Marvel movie that I wish I'd been more sober for, cuz it was legitimately really really fun.

e: Did any Iain M Banks fans think that the Sovereign was supposed to be a broad caricature of The Culture?
There were a couple of lines that were almost lifted word for word from the novels.

CARL MARK FORCE IV fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

Oh my god this is the most tedious argument I've ever read

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

GoldfishStew posted:

Lol it's not though. It's spectacularly worse than the first. They just made a regular Marvel movie.

As a Comic Book Movie Ambivalent American who's watched 5 or so Marvel movies, all while drunk late at night, this one was qualitatively different and much better than any of the other ones I've seen.
poo poo, Kurt Russell's character alone was more interesting and compelling than every other marvel villain I'd seen combined.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

GoldfishStew posted:

Mantis is a stolen child, made into slave by a man, told she is ugly the entire film by a man, until, in the end, a man tells her she's actually not ugly.

GoldfishStew posted:

Henry is a working class man who eats quail, takes long strolls, and has a baby.

• Locked thread