Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the first but that was never going to happen. Very very colourful and pretty of course. Opening bit basically tells you what to expect visual-wise. A big extra-dimensional tentacle monster that barfs rainbows is a cool thing to fight. No tiny space dinosaurs being punted across ancient ruins though.

Character-wise for a bunch of them it felt like they were pretty much the same but just turned up a bit. Like Drax is very blunt and Nebula is very angry and Rocket is an rear end in a top hat and so on. Think it worked better for some than others. I was expecting Baby Groot to outstay his welcome but he didn't in the end. Regular Groot was still better. Plus he emoted better when he was big. I guess they'd have had to do a whole load of zooming in on him as a little dude though. Drax was a bit hit or miss, he had some good bits but it felt like they were throwing a thousand jokes with him at the wall so some of them would have to stick.

Some very good stand-out moments, off the top of my head I liked

Quill making a giant Pac-Man to fight his dad was great. Lots of that bit really, like when Ego is all skeletony and reforming. Now I think of it, all the Celestial powers sorts of things.
Groot fetching all the wrong things that toe killed me
Taserface
David Hasslehoff
The Zune

One thing that really felt odd. When Rocket and Yondu are breaking out. It's a really cheery-feeling scene where they are just killing the poo poo out of people. It's really pretty too, the arrow zipping around with the cool trail and stuff and hey, it just killed like twenty dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread