Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Ego showing up is the entire plot of the movie.

Wait, Peter's mom hosed The Living Planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So who was Thanos wailing on during the 750 jump montage?

It was very blink an you miss it. Did anyone else notice?

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 7, 2017

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

So who was Thanos wailing on during the 750 jump montage?

It was very blink an you miss it. Did anyone else notice?

Quoting for the new page.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Panfilo posted:

Another element to the film was the theme of conception. Ego just sprang into being, and not knowing his purpose or history bothered him. Drax mentions how talking about the story of when you were conceived is seen as a beautiful thing, and it ties into how Quill was conceived out of love between his parents (maybe it was 'love' that was the real secret ingredient to making another Celestial?). Drax pokes fun at how uncomfortable Quill gets about thinking of his parents having sex.

Thinking of our parents as sexual beings is taboo in our culture, but it is ironic because they had to be that way to create us. For all the :spergin: moments Drax has about jokes he seems pretty on point when it comes to loving your family and mourning their loss.

Ego loved Quills mom, but not so much he was willing to stay on earth and live out a life as a human. It is a contrast to the godlike immortal super beings in Hancock who paired off and died out in order to experience love.

Yeah, he says something like "I knew if I ever came back to Earth for another visit I'd stay and never fulfil my purpose..." before the "that's why it broke my heart to put that tumor in her head."

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
It's a shame Ego was killed, we'll not get to see this in Deadpool 2.

• Locked thread