Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ruddiger posted:

When they showed him in the car at the beginning I honestly thought they resurrected Robert Dzar for a second. The jawline looked pretty big.

And that line's not really a spoiler? Like I said, the movie telegraphs everything as soon as the focus pulls in on Yondu and once you realize the whole movie's going to be about fathers and surrogate fathers, you know where the swerve is going. The movie held no surprises, except for maybe seeing Yondu loving space hookers and Stan Lee clouted up with the Watchers.

The same people who gasped at the brain tumor reveal probably also gasped at the "father" reveal in Prometheus.

Eh. You can see plot beats coming along and still not expect his father to literally have been the one to kill her. I wasn't expecting that particular beat even though I fully knew going into the movie from promo materials that Ego(also knowledge of the character from comics) was gonna be the main bad guy, Him being the one who gave her the tumor still caught me off guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
James Gunn has made it sound like hes going to be doing more with the cosmic side of marvel outside of just Guardians. Wouldn't be shocked if Cosmic marvel doesn't get a non guardians and I guess Thor now movie after the infinity stuff is all over.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cant wait for that Zune to have all of the hottest 90s or early 00's pop music on it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tony and Drax together should be amaaaaaazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wait what?

People being able to relate to a story about family and fatherhood is the real problem?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rocket understanding Groot is cool but "what do you mean *insert text here* "

Is just uninspired writing around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Early in the movie after the crew crash lands and Gamora is chewing out Rocket and Quill she says if you had just used the head between their ears setting up this joke. Quill tells Yondu well I thought as hard as I could and to create the ball of light, Yondu jokes that that I wasn't controlling the needle with my brain, and gets cut off. It's a penis.

:allears:

• Locked thread