Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

I feel like tossing this thought into the void of the internet: whistle scene was incredibly unsettling. That poo poo was gruesome in the first movie, and it being an extended thing played as a spectacle in this was hard to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

Was anyone else not particularly charmed by Baby Groot? It was very clear to me that the week after the first Guardians came out and everyone flipped a poo poo over him in the credits (which was a cute/fun little joke) that Disney went to Gunn and said "Groot's a baby now" and Gunn just rolled with it. I think a couple of the jokes about his stupidity were fun but it really does feel like a very focus group decision. I'm sure he'll be back to adult Groot by vol 3 (if they make an entire movie with teen Groot I'll roll my eyes so loving hard they spin out of my skull).

Also the Sovereign were kinda pointless. I liked Ayesha as a character but it felt very artificial to bring them into the final battle, as if fighting Ego alone wasn't enough.

Yeah cgi dancing baby was pretty lame.

The Sovereign were awesome though. I mean they didn't add anything and it was confusing what the crew was going to do to a ship battalion with handheld weapons. And also why sustained fire didn't destroy the ship thing or do much of anything at all. But the music video playing when they first warped in was really dope.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think it helps to underline how big a douche Ego is.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I liked Guardian's visuals. Ego's eggship and his little floating semen gondala and ridiculous dioramas and the skullroom and Sovereign's videogame theater and especially their entrance into the finale and Rocket's forest jamboree and the big jump sequence. There were nice things to look at.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't like it much when they curse, ever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I for one liked that the movie hinged on a raccoon stealing a small shiny thing it had no use for.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There wouldn't be a movie if he didn't need Quill.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Filthy Casual posted:

How so? Is it beyond just Yondu's pose with the arrow or did they set that up some other?

Hired help descends from sky, becomes surrogate parent, and takes children on musical adventure?

I mean poo poo doesn't she whistle at birds a whole lot too or something?

kater fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 14, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait I thought quasar was Adam warlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It is Captain Marvel gets Quasar hands and then that power gets eaten by Warlock? I read Annihilation kind of recently but gosh does it sound like garbage in my mind. Moondragon & Phyla Vell should be in a movie though I agree.

• Locked thread